It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is Disney Teaching our Children?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I liked captain planet and the enviroment friendliness it had. And that doesn't mean that I didn't like disney movies.

It was a good show, but the comment made by that guy was hilarious.

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by TheConservative]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Disney's characters used to have racist themes and used Nazi symbolism in some of their cartoon during World War II.

www....-------------------------/library/culture/banned-cartoons/

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Disney's characters used to have racist themes and used Nazi symbolism in some of their cartoon during World War II.

I believe that there was one Disney cartoon where a country rabbit was being chased by wolfs - or another animal - and fell in a tar pit, got out of the pit, and the others used racial slurs against him, since he was covered in black tar. I believe that I have it on video from a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye

Great find! Those Disney pictures of the Nazi and Japanese soldiers are hilarious.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
look at the way Disney Disneyfied Alice in wonderland , i mean look at the caterpillar dude i never noticed before but hes smoking a bong! i went to disneyland paris recently and in a ride he was sat there and smoke came out his mouth and stuff. I knew there was hidden things in disney stuff but this caterpillar was clearly sitting there getting high. Probably due to the fact that Alice in wonderland was inspired by a drug fueled bender.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
i also head that walt disney was a pedophile is this true or is just because he loved wlrking with children so much?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Greetings to all -
I'm new here and absolutely LOVE all this fun conspiracy stuff about Disney!
I actually work for the Disney Entertainment Division and thought it'd be fun to see what kind of stuff has been speculated concerning all of Disney's parks, products, films, etc,.
People LOVE to see and hear things in the Disney films that aren't really there but wish that they were. Take the 'sex in the dust' thingy in the Lion King film. Hah! Does anyone here remember when Pepsi had designed a new look for their cans and when you lined them up it spelled out the word 'sex'? If you really want to see something, it'll be there.
As for the killing the mother thing and all the brutality in the films? Did anyone ever just go 'wow...look at all the messed up things that are happening to this character and how courageous they are in the face of such adversity to come out ahead at the end?' Uh....no.
The film Tarzan for me, was very personal. I was adopted fairly young. My mother gave me up so that my dad would never find out about me. Of my parents that adopted me, my mother was great but co-dependent on my father who used to beat her religiously. My father did more drugs and illegal activities than most of the dealers in Colombia. Growing up I saw things that most adults should NEVER be witness to. As I grew up, Disney films were an inspiration because of the characters that came out on top despite all the hardships they had to endure and the artistry that went into making these films.
Everyone calls Disney an evil empire like it's some kind of mindless machine. Just like ANY business it needs to make money to survive. If the little liquor store owner on the corner came across a good deal on a couple of other locations for an exceptional price to help increase his profit what might he do? As part of the Disney team it saddens me because a lot of people think it's a faceless company that's evil for some reason.
The next time you walk into one of these 'evil' parks, take a minute to say 'hi' and smile to the 'evil' custodian who clocks out, goes home to his 'evil' lair, checks the mailbox for whatever bills are due at the end of the month, and says goodnight to his 'evil' children at night. Or when you go to one of our 'evil' live shows on property. Think about 'evil' people like myself who want to put on an amazing show for you because growing up some of us saw what evil was really like.
Take care,
Coatimundi

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What about a movie where main, named characters get mauled to death by a tiger, stabbed to death, shot to death, and a hanging? I'd call it Disney's Tarzan...

All female historical charecters have a large chest and looks essential the same except adorned in ethnic garb?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Nice post coatimundi.

Of course people are more likely to look at Disney and try and find evil things when in their hearts they know that threads like this are a great joke.

However is Disney was the worst you had perverting your kids then there is really nothing to worry about.

Why don't people look at the REAL bad programs, like violent japanese dubbed anime, cartoons with repetitive battles in them. Anyone just listened to kids TV without the pictures on? There is a mess of relentless violence and abuse there.

If Disney is all there is to worry about then you live in a great society. Pity its the tamest of the television abusers.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
look at the way Disney Disneyfied Alice in wonderland , i mean look at the caterpillar dude i never noticed before but hes smoking a bong! i went to disneyland paris recently and in a ride he was sat there and smoke came out his mouth and stuff. I knew there was hidden things in disney stuff but this caterpillar was clearly sitting there getting high. Probably due to the fact that Alice in wonderland was inspired by a drug fueled bender.

Did you also notice that when the caterpillar blew out the smoke it said TRIP ACID backwards?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Pffft another hysterical disney is educating our children topic.
Disney is not educating our children, parents are educating their children.
Disney is entertaining our children, and since a movie that's all happy and cosey from the first minute to the last gets boring rather fast, they decide to throw in some tension and grief.
Indeed this tension and grief often comes in the form of a parent dieing, but because these movies are for children, the main character is often a child as well, and to let the main character die at the beginning of a movie would be rather silly.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
children's entertainment is *snip* up. thats why i loves it.

[edit on Wed Dec 31 2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Another thing about the Lion King. Simba gets to watch his father get trampled to death and then he goes over and says "dad get up!" over and over. How messed up is that?

Pretty messed up, actually.

I took my oldest son to see Lion King when he was 4ish. When Mufasa died, my son stood up out of his seat and yelled, "LION KING'S DEAD DADDY!!" Then he broke out into tears. It was rather traumatizing for the little guy.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Finding Nemo. Same plot. I was in shock when I took my kids to see this movie and in the first 10 minutes, the happy family is ripped apart by a barracudea (It killed and ate the mother fish and all the fish eggs !!). It left Nemo scarred physically and his father Marlin scarred emotionally.
Nice movie in the end....but the theme is repeated....

Same here. THe violence in Nemo was horrific. Kids were crying all
over the place. My daughter (7) buried her head in her hands for that
opening and the part with the shark.

Disney is brutal. Suggested reading - 'Disney, the Mouse Betrayed'.
Check with Barnes and Nobels or your library can get it in.
Excellent book about the real Disney (now).

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Let's not forget the little mermaid. the orginal box for the vhs had a golden sex toy as part of the castle.
Also in the movie when the wedding happens look very closely at the priest. He get an erection. It's up, it's down, next frame.

God

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You know...

I always felt a little uneasy about Peppy Lapew. What message is that sending to little boys? I mean.... the cat or whatever that Peppy keeps harassing obviously wants nothing to do with him. Hmm..

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
And not to mention that Alladin, Simbad and some other stuff were "borrowed" by Disney form "Sufi handbooks" and turned into children stories.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, another thing is The Little Mermaid. XD

Well, when it was first released, the artist thought he could get away with replacing one of the towers with the male sex organ. How perverted is that?

When this was found out, they recalled all of the videos then fired the artist. XD

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by God
You know...

I always felt a little uneasy about Peppy Lapew. What message is that sending to little boys? I mean.... the cat or whatever that Peppy keeps harassing obviously wants nothing to do with him. Hmm..

Pepe Le Pew is a Warner Bros. "Looney Tunes" character, not a Disney character...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Walt Disney is the devil (Well, next to walmart). They ruin absolutely every good story by rewriting it and MAKING it TO kidish. Have any of you heard of the real story of Pokahontes (sp), Tarzan, Peter Pan, or Cinderela. Now those were good.... But NO Disney the devil has to rewrite them all and make it look like the good guys always win when they don't. Have you also noticed how no Disney character really kills another? They always kill themselves or fall off something, its pathetic. I would go into more detail, but its getting late and I need sleep.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join