It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory on intelligent life through scientific supposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hey, bare with me I can't quite recall where I read what I've sort of come up with in my ., but he was an Asian physicist I believe. My theory here is really in no way of my own accord, but rather piled up through mainstream scientific belief.
Ok here goes:

We are a relatively new race. While this celestial body we inhabit may have been around for incomprehensible time frames, we as an intelligent life form are new - centuries old even. Our progress in technology and science is really only a couple of centuries old - something which in itself is quite staggering, especially when we are already contemplating the idea of space and what lies in it.

Now, lets imagine that there have been races which have at least been around for another 1000 years. Now, think of what we've done in 200 years. What is achievable in 1200 years? What is achievable in a million? The possibilities are truly dumbfounding. If we all put ignorance aside, lets assume that there are life forms in this universe. Hell, its just too damn big for every living thing to be placed on a small insignificant planet - whether it be intelligent life or bacterial life form.

Ok, now here is where I heavily borrow from people much smarter than I. Suppose that there is intelligent life, not within this solar system, but with solar systems close by. At least, for a moment, lets suppose that there is one highly intelligent life form within this galaxy...a galaxy which has, needless to say, a lot of solar systems. So, this race uses up its energy sources. It has mastered the forces of its habitat. It has mastered any dangers which are posed to it on its own planet. So it outgrows it, and looks to harness the power of its sun more efficiently. It moves to master the energy of space - on a local level. And so on and so forth. Free energy comes into play, the abolition of poverty, controlling the weather, and so forth.

So, apart from malevolent ambitions, we have a reason why "aliens" may exist. Just like at the pace we're .ing, space will become a priority of survival. A need - when energy exhausts.

Ok, but surely the UFOs we hear about are not little green men flying around? I dont believe them to be life forms in any way - supposing they are there. Basically, the theory of this Asian physicist that eludes me is that these civilizations which have mastered space to such a degree, they have embarked on finding the best possible way of finding other life forms - for what reasons? Curiosity? I dont know... Ask yourself, why would humans look at planets for other life forms? There are many answers, all valid.

So, how would they accomplish this? Well, this physicist claimed that they would send probes all over the galaxy. These probes would first find traces of life, and if they were deemed to be primitive, there would be no need to examine these creatures. By now, they would have scaled the galaxy, if not beyond, and would have found many wonderful things. So what to do? They wait. Wait on nearby moons, until this race was intelligent enough (if it ever got to that stage) to utilize its energy to reach nearby planets/moons, making them intelligent enough to be examined in a closer way.

I know some people think that there are structures and such on the moon. That NASA have seen such things, but all remains classified. There is certainly every possibility this is what it is. So, we come in contact, the probes are awoken after what may have been hundreds of thousands of years. We have experienced an influx of UFO sightings and whatnot - could this be it? Might these spacecraft be nothing more than robotic probes, with nanotechnology far beyond our understanding?

Whats even more interesting is that we have pictures of strange discs flying all over ancient history. Caves...paintings..carvings on tablets..etc. Those may have been initial observations, before it was deemed that this was a race of no real intelligence.

It is my belief, that if these probes are just that, then there is no life form that we have discovered - claimed in such incidents as the crash in Roswell, and so forth. However, these probes would almost certainly have artificial intelligence - allowing it to manifest itself and so on. Even today, I was reading the topic on UFOs being near the sun...hey, just a thought.

Anyway, if anyone has the name of the guy Im thinking of, and Im sure some of you guys would know him, tell me!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
OK, I'll bare with you (removes clothing)...

If the alien civilization used up its energy sources how would it have the finances to journey to other planets?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

They use other races energy sources? Just a guess. But about them observing us i kind of agree there. I've really always thought of it as when they come here it's like us going camping.(and crop circles are just their graffiti) They think of us as wild life. If they got the ability to travel so far they probably think of us like we think of monkey's.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
OK, I'll bare with you (removes clothing)...

If the alien civilization used up its energy sources how would it have the finances to journey to other planets?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Badge01]

I actually haven't explained it well at all, but they wouldnt be "financing their journey" Once you have the ability to fully capitalize on energy in space, you're good to go. There are countless numbers of stars to derive energy from. There energy would never be depleted...they would have mastered free energy. They "outgrow it"

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You are thinking of professor Michio Kaku. His paper The Physics of Extra-terrestrial civilizations postulates three major classifications of civilizations. Read about it in the link above.

Badge01, with an avatar like that you really shouldn't say things like that.

new topics

top topics

join