It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry ! But There will be no end of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hello to all, this is my first post, I really enjoy some of the topics, but recently we have seen a big rise in the doom and gloom brigade, one recent post talks about 18th August, and something about the end of the world, somebody else went on about a alien force about to "correct earth" by the end of the month.

Sorry to say but the world will not end anytime this month, or any time soon after ! there are enough religious nuts in the world at the moment (we have enough of them here in Ireland!), they all, as some other posters stated, predicted the worlds end, many times before.

For anybody truly worried, just try to relax, enjoy life, dont worry about doomsday, because it wont come in our lifetime.

Just my little rant, thanks to all.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by tango3]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
While I don't believe the world will end anytime soon either, I have to jump in here for a moment and say this;

What makes your opinion any more valid than the person who named 'August 18th' or whichever date?

Yeah I see a lot of people on ATS predicting the end here, there, and even in 5 years, and of course some have come and gone, so they were obviously wrong. But that is up to the individual to believe in those dates if he/she wants to.

I'm not trying to come across as being rude, just pointing out that if you don't believe it (and I'm right there with ya), what's the point in trying to discredit others about it?

Eventually they'll get discredited with the mere passage of time.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Nobody wants it to end. I certainly do not. I have a lot of loving family i plan to see in October.

We're just reporting something odd on the other thread. That's all.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There are a lot of depressed and paranoid people on here that choose to look at the world as a half-empty glass rather than a half-full one. Nothing but negative posts. Nothing but dates of predictions of disaster that NEVER come true. Nothing but half-truths that rarely hold water but many on here choose to believe anything other than the true relaity that surrounds them. Nonetheless, this is one of the most entertaining sites on the web!! You just have4 to get past the 14 year old stuff like folks busting clouds with their mindpower and every UFO video that comes out is "real" and that type of thing.

No, the world will no be ending and just prove thats true, i wont predict a date for it not to end.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
A bit on an ignorant post if you ask me, because you substitute your reasoning with another's, which when you think about it is a flawed process. I may very well be long, predictors of doom may very well be wrong, and you may very well be wrong. You get my drift

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
yes the world is going to end.....

in 5 billion years when the sun dies.(lol)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
A bit on an ignorant post if you ask me, because you substitute your reasoning with another's, which when you think about it is a flawed process. I may very well be long, predictors of doom may very well be wrong, and you may very well be wrong. You get my drift

Sorry, but I am not wrong, the world will not end on the 18th or later in the month either. You may call that been ignorant, I call it stating stating facts.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
the world won't end, humanity might. we're slowly killing our planet.
Allow me to quote Roger Waters:

And when they found our shadows
Groups 'round the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data in their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has amused itself to death
Amused itself to death

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tango3

Well, to start with, the whole "end of the world" scenario is a hyped up end of the age... Yes, things will change, but end, nah...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tango3Sorry, but I am not wrong, the world will not end on the 18th or later in the month either. You may call that been ignorant, I call it stating stating facts.

What!? Stating facts? About the future? In all probability you are right, the world will not end, but to state such an opinion as fact is ignorant. What you are doing is making yet another prediction. You might want to look up the definition of the word. So, as the second post in this waste of server-space thread said, what makes your prediction any more valid than any of the others?

Hardly denying ignorance, more like admitting to it, if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
No need to believe in far fetched theories to believe the end of the world as we know it might happen very soon.

The environment by example. If we continue to ignore the laws of nature, and continue to not care about our planet, we face autodestruction. There is no way around this one.

Politically, if you look at the news, a lot of things are going on, and none of them are good news, regardless of what you believe. You turn on your television, and either you believe what you are told, and that terrorists are going to attack your country. Either you believe that what is told to you is part of a plan to enslave the population.

If I were you, I would buy a weapon and hide it somewhere safe, never let the government take away that right away from you, and resist if they try to.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So then you are planning on living forever? and your planning on humans living on the planet earth for infinity years in the future? your wrong. Plain and simple. Ignorant too!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
May not live forever that is very true! But i bet you millions it wont end this August or Spetember or whatever crazy dates people on this site keep throwing around!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tango3
...because it wont come in our lifetime.

Speak for yourself.

I may be a few billion years old by the time, but the world will end in my lifetime.

On a more serious (I am serious about the age thing by the way), the world
wont end for about 5.1 billion years.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Sorry, but I am not wrong, the world will not end on the 18th or later in the month either. You may call that been ignorant, I call it stating stating facts.

Whether you're right or wrong, don't you think it's just a little bit rude to make your first post in a new community a rant about the opinions of the people of that community?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The physical world - ie. the planet itself - will not end.

Mankind is efficient at killing itself (and just about everything on the planet's surface).

War is one way of killing the physical body.

Thought control is another way, but it involves one's personal thoughts being manipulated by others - such as governments and religious groups.

Many ancient 'religious' texts are the source of the 'End of the World' mind set - which brings people to believe that the world (as in the planet) is going to end in a big man-made war.

But what are the messages in those ancient texts really saying ?

Each subsequent ‘new religion’ throughout the ages has said that the earlier religion ‘got it wrong’ (paraphrased).

What have they so got wrong that is it going to cause ‘the end of the world’ ?

The “End of the World” refers to the end of the Religious World as we know it.

The only way religions would cease would be to be shown that their ancient perceptions of their GOD, gods, or Angels were not of a divine source.

No divine source = no reason to continue to believe in divine beings, thus the end of the world (for religions).

I believe this is what the ‘End of the World’ messages in ancient texts are telling us.

What do you think ?
Would you like me to elaborate and present the types of things that would show that religions ‘got it wrong’ ?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tango3

Hello to all, this is my first post, I really enjoy some of the topics, but recently we have seen a big rise in the doom and gloom brigade, one recent post talks about 18th August, and something about the end of the world, somebody else went on about a alien force about to "correct earth" by the end of the month.

....and before that, the world was going to suffer nuclear annihilation on August 6 just because it was the anniversary of dropping the bomb on Hiroshima. Didn't happen, btw.

Just wait till September 11 approaches, if you like doom and gloom prophecies.
Mark my word, they'll be coming out of the woodwork!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yes, this world, this planet, will end one day when our star called the "sun" will supernova. When that happens our planet along with the others in our solar system will be consumed. THAT is when the world will really end.

As far as dates of August of this year and the ignorant predictions posted on here about soon to be end of the world stuff, then no, that is not going to happen any time soon.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yes, this world, this planet, will end one day when our star called the "sun" will supernova. When that happens our planet along with the others in our solar system will be consumed. THAT is when the world will really end.

Actually, our star is not massive enough to go nova, what it will do is swell into a red giant,
boiling the planet and anything on it.

Eventually after that it will become a col, charred ball as the sun turns into a white dwarf
and than eventually into a black dwarf.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
the world will always go on. why? because the world is what you know it to be. your state of being will always be, no matter what occurs to your body. so yes, the world will never end because it has always existed but the world will change. and in these changes one may find the most disturbing characteristics they can find.

top topics

join