It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sold out "ideas/inventions" Withheld to the public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Thought you guys would know.

What inventions have been “invented” then due to their important nature/or the impact it would have throughout the world have been snatched up by the military for lots of $$$$.

Or oil companies paying out small time inventors big cash for renewable energy sources.

I do remember reading an article in the paper a few years ago, detailing a new mechanical battery powered by gas lighter fluid but I haven’t heard anything since.

Maybe Duracell paid for the rights and I bet they paid a lot.

Do you guys know of any inventions which fall under this category, do you know how much they were paid.

And if so will these inventions ever get released.

Have you got an invention, if so would you sell out?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by eddiemaiden_80]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hey eddie-
Two for your list maybe:

The one hundred MPG carburettor-usually believed to be a hoax,but then again it would be wouldn`t it?

www.snopes.com...

(deals with the "myth" theory)

And of course,my favourite-Tesla`s particle beam weapon research,possibly taken by the US Gov?

quanterion.com...

www.pbs.org...

"Just after World War II, there was a renewed interest in beam weapons. Copies of Tesla's papers on particle beam weaponry were sent to Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. An operation code-named "Project Nick" was heavily funded and placed under the command of Brigadier General L. C. Craigie to test the feasibility of Tesla's concept. Details of the experiments were never published, and the project was apparently discontinued. But something peculiar happened. The copies of Tesla's papers disappeared and nobody knows what happened to them."

Hang on I`ve thought of a couple more...

Ah yes,the solid state electricity generator,US patent no.20060163971

www.freepatentsonline.com...

sounds like the "stephen mark coil,"which purports to do the same thing,although is widley slagged off as a hoax.
Again-it would be would it not?

Last one for now-

The neurophone,which claims to be an (implanted?) phone,which vibrates the inner ear at certain frequencies instead of the conventional use of a loudspeaker.Sorry,bad description by me there-basically it makes you hear voices in your head!!Invented in 1958 by a Texan.

www.worldtrans.org...

www.neurophone.com...

I hope this is the sort of thing you are after Eddie,

cool thread,flagged.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not sure if I should mention this one,but have you heard of MMR nuclear devices?
MMR=minimal residual radiation (!)not measles mumps and rubella.

According to this collection of pages(a long read)
The

" U.S. has developed a munition suitable for demolition work"

www.baywolf.net...

Makes you think that one.Not sure how credible the source is though.Hopefully its not true.

The only other Item I can think off right now is the nuclear powered tunnel drilling machine.

"The United States Atomic Energy Commission and the United
States Energy Research and Development Administration took out
Patents in the 1970s for nuclear subterrenes. The first patent, in
1972 went to the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission. "

www.totse.com...

edit,to add link

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Silcone Synapse]
And finally,although this research is now out in the open its an indicator of what they are able to achieve:

www.wired.com...

It makes me wonder about the stuff they don`t tell us they have-that glove sounds incredible,and could be put to such good use in the world.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The inventor of the neurophone, Dr. Patrick Flannigan is a fellow Okie. You can buy his neurophone invention via the internet. There is nothing implantable. At least there wasn't when I bought mine. It's based on the skin being a sensory organ capable of "hearing". Sorry, I'm not smart enough to describe it any better than that but there is a website if anyone is interested. He did have some of his other inventions stolen from him by the DOD.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the links, not had time to read them all but they do look intresting.

Makes me pretty mad that they hold back such stuff. Rippin us off, unfortunatly theres not much we can do about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hey whitewave,they should package this technology with ALL mp3 players-so that I don`t have to listen to the annoying mosquito- like ipod kids on the bus/train.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sounds like something to submit to the suggestion box.
There's a book entitled "Lost Science" by Gary Vassilatos that mentions a few of these technologies that have been snapped up. Might want to check it out.
The good news is that, "what one man can do, another man can do."

new topics

top topics

join