It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will help Gaza?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Firstly i have put this thread in the 'war on terrorisim' topic becasue it involves the state terrorisim of Israel and the U.S and complinacy of the British(I'm British) and other european countires,and not because of the activies of any legitamate resistance group in the Palastinian territories. Just in case any of you were wondering!

Since the infighting between the democratically elected government Hamas and Fath, fostered by the Isralies and U.S, resulted in the ultimately hollow victory for Hamas, Gaza has been systematicall and ruthlessly cut off from the outside world by the Isralies physically and the U.S in sanctions.

The people of this runied state are running out of everything, food,water,fuel,medical supplies and are now basically 100 percent aid reliant.www.counterpunch.org... www.earthtimes.org... I can't even comprehend how bad it must be in Gaza right now firstly becasue i have never been in that kind of situation as i'm sure most of you on this site have also not, and secondly becasue it is never on the news!

Think carefully about your mainstream media in your respective countires have you heard anything about Gaza since the 'civil war'?. Not even on the most left leaning one in my country Channel 4 news has reported on this impending disaster.

Why is Israel not being pressured into ending this siege? becasue no one knows about it and those who do don't either not seem to care or support it! This situation stems back to 9-11. Since that day Israel has been able to paint Hamas and other groups fightin against occupation in the same picture as the men who commited the attacks on 9-11 and the majority of the world has bought it especily of course the U.S resulting in Hamas being sidelined even after halting suicide bombind and agreeing to recognise Israel if a 2 party state comes into existence.

Now this isn't a U.S bashing post but the Bush government could intervene at any time and bring about huge pressure on Israel to stop, but they don't and won't as far as i can see. All i see is a people being 'collectivly punished' for choosing a government who would push for a 2 state soloution that Israel will never allow, whatever they say publically. And in international law 'collective punishment' is illegal.

The Isralies have sucsessfuly succeded in seperating the Palstinians. Unbelievably a Palastinian delegation at the U.N recently succeded in blocking a motion bought by Qatar and Indonesia highlighting the situatiuon in Gaza! of course the men in this delegation were men under Abbas the 'president'/puppet leader of Fatah the government in the West Bank.www.counterpunch.org...

Who will help Gaza? What can you do to help Gaza? Send emails to you representitivies, boycott Israli goods, give money to aid agencies helping in the area the International Committee of the Red Crosswww.icrc.org... and World Vision www.wvi.org...

I think this is one of the worst aggresions in the world right now and is starting to move towards a genocide this from a people who had the very same thing perpretrated against them 60 years ago.
What are everyones else views and feelings on this issue?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Does this not srike a chord with anyone? It's a pretty big deal for heaven's sake.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

one thing i have learnt is Israel is above the Law.

expect people to run in and blame the palistinians and the choices they were forced to make.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I just don't understand why many of the western governments are so sympatheic to Israel. Granted they got holocausted but that was over 60 years ago and it wasn't by the Palastinians.

I'd like to boycott but what exactly does Israel export other than terror and death?

top topics

join