It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Enlists Clergy to Quell Public Unrest if Martial Law Ever Declared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere, and I found the article a bit interesting, so I thought I'd share.

Seems to me that they're doing everything thery can to prep us for the inevitable..

Could martial law ever become a reality in America? Some fear any nuclear, biological or chemical attack on U.S. soil might trigger just that. KSLA News 12 has discovered that the clergy would help the government with potentially their biggest problem: Us.

Read the full story here

If this has been posted, my mistake. Also, if it's in the wrong place, again I apologize.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by synappz]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The following is the most interesting line:

For the clergy team, one of the biggest tools that they will have in helping calm the public down or to obey the law is the bible itself, specifically Romans 13. Dr. Tuberville elaborated, "because the government's established by the Lord, you know. And, that's what we believe in the Christian faith. That's what's stated in the scripture."

And there you have the root of organized religion (as opposed to personal faith): a tool to maintain obedience. If the threat of state violence or jail doesn't keep you in line, maybe the threat of eternal hellfire will.

After all, "the government's established by the Lord, you know."
Apparently this applies to just about any government, since the Bible (unsuprisingly) doesn't seem to say anything specific about the US government.

Hitler's Reich: established by the Lord.
Not to mention the governments of North Korea, Iran, etc etc....

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm starting my own religion... Its doctrine is based on the collective works of the simpsons and will call upon its members to disregard all forms of government as of now.........ah come on , I'll give you a cookie...

new topics

join