It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Tremor at the Mine, 11 Rushed to Hospital

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Very sad news.

I feel for all the families/friends involved

Didn't I hear that they had brought in quite a few rescue workers from other mines operated by the owner.

This would certainly have an impact on any future mining endeavors for this company.

Praying the other injured pull through.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
its sad see good people of rescue team in that mine and have deal
with a lost of the dead rescue and the injury people and my prayers goes out to the family and freinds etc who lost a love one and the injury can get better and find the trap miners to safely

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 11Bravo

I don't think that is necessarily the case.
While I am no expert, there's been many small earthquakes in the western US in the last week of so.
The whole area moves around.
The day the cave-in happened, I remember there were 3 quakes in the area.
I think a quake caused the cave-in, not the other way around.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

There were reports on TV today of the mine owner saying the ground was moving around the last few days.
It sounds like an accident waiting to happen, and sadly, it did

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No sign of life from fourth drill hole:

www.reuters.com...

HUNTINGTON, Utah (Reuters) - Rescuers punched through a fourth drill hole into a collapsed Utah coal mine but heard no signs of life from six miners trapped for almost two weeks, a U.S. mine safety official said on Saturday.

Rescue crews spent four hours listening through a microphone dropped about 1,600 feet into the Crandall Canyon Mine for any sign from the six men, who haven't been heard from since the mine caved in on August 6.

"We did not detect any signals from miners underground," Richard Stickler, head of the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration, told a news conference.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I guess they're still planning to drill a fifth hole. I'm guessing after that, they'll probably declare them dead and move on to figuring out what to do with the mine now.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
it's amazing how forgetful we are as a people once the new big event comes to fruition. it's like the bridge collapse in minnesota never happened according to the damned media.

i am sad to say, only a miracle would allow for any miners to be found alive. i doubt they had enough food and water to survive this long, let alone all that they've been through since and all of the hours that have gone by.

it's okay though, death is guaranteed. it is nothing to fear. it's something to embrace.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
it's amazing how forgetful we are as a people once the new big event comes to fruition. it's like the bridge collapse in minnesota never happened according to the damned media.

I wouldn't be so tough on the media. They don't have anything to do with the work needed to recover from either of those events. Yes, they descend like vultures on the newest stories, but usually still keep up with old ones if there's anything new to tell. I think it'd be silly to continue to cover either the bridge collapse or Utah miner story 24/7 any longer at this point, because there simply isn't any new news there now. Hurricane Dean (the new story) certainly has the capability of causing far, far more deaths and damage than the mine collapse or bridge collapse combined.

As far as the miners go, at this point I think the best hope is that they died instantaneously in the original collapse. I couldn't imagine how horrible it would be if they're still alive, in the dark and cold almost 2,000 feet below the surface with virtually no hope.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I respect you and your opinion. we are all one. i, on the other hand, do find it saddening that we are no longer concentrated on the catalyst for the proof of the poor infrastructure of the united states of america. the bridge collpase was the straw that simultaneously broke the camels back and highlighted the problems on the homefront. i think we shouldn't be spending 100's of billions of dollars in iraq when we could be spending that in our homeland. i do see what you are saying though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join