It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Tremor at the Mine, 11 Rushed to Hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just breaking,

Another seismic event and workers are injured.

Developing....

On MSNBC- Workers are being rushed to the hospital now

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have been praying so hard for them but i

dont think they stand much of a chance right now.

Its very upsetting.

Thank you for those links.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think the conditions down there are so dangerous, they may not even be able to recover the bodies, let alone find them alive. The rescuers have gotten less than halfway to the area the miners were working in.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Brave men one and all, after the initial cave in, some of the miners who got out began immediately digging for their trapped coworkers, some of these guys have been working nonstop to try and save the 6 trapped men. Today there were reports that 12 walked off, citing that it was just too unsafe to continue... apparently they were correct.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Actually, it looks like they've been having little bumps for awhile in Utah, there's been little quakes, or at least seismic events the past few days.
That mine is none to stable it seems.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Seven may be trapped? No one knows exactly what's going on. (watching Fox)

Not 'everyone' has been accounted for. Lots of speculation going on.

This makes me wonder if they'll end up calling of the search, all together, after this accident.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by SourGrapes]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Doesnt the suffering ever end?

I hope the 11 that just got hurt will be fine. What an ordeal.

But if the owner did not do something, and the co workers did nothing, there would have been an outcry from the public.

They just cant win.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Im out of the loop lately, what was ever decided, was the collapse caused by an earthquake or was the earthquake caused by the collapse?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There's been one death so far among the injured rescuers.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My heart goes out to those families,

May he rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Greda (on fox). "eight dead"...

Was that a slip of the tongue?

The dr from the hospital said 3 injured, 2 seriously and 1 very serious. Could the rest, of the eleven, be dead?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
God how much can this little town take? My prayers are with these brave men and their families.

These mountain bumps are not due to seismic activity - this whole thing was caused by piss poor mining management. The seismic activity that may be showing up on USGS sites is due to the continued cave-ins and not a natural occurrence.

B.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Now they're saying 8 injured, 1 dead.

I know when they first broke the news they said 11. Maybe only 9 were hurt.

I dont know why they always change the numbers. What a tragedy!

Bleys, didnt you say your father worked in some mines? He probably knows if this was a true seismic event or just what you said, bad management.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My father is a miner, he's supervisor in a Nevada gold mine. He worked twenty years in AZ copper mine, before transferring to Nevada.

One comment he made to me, on our last phone conversation, "The amount of today's safety regulations are insane. To have so many safety procedures can actually be 'un-safe'".

He went on to say that the extent of safety precautions, these days, are actually putting many of the miners in danger, rather than the effect they're meant to have.

Too many 'non' miners and political figures involved in the process.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Do you think we could perhaps switch to telerobotics (i.e. remote controlled robots) so such tragedies could be prevented?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
According to CNN a second rescue miner has died.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Bleys, didnt you say your father worked in some mines? He probably knows if this was a true seismic event or just what you said, bad management.

He was a miner when I was a baby -- he was lucky and able to break out of that life and go to college, but he never lost touch with the men he worked with (some of who are still working the mines in their 60s). My mother would tell me that when someone died in the mines, they would sound the whistle and send the men home. She says it would be the longest wait to see if your man came home or whether you would see the company car coming to tell you the news.

I just can't imagine what these families are going through, what they endure on a daily basis.

But I digress - these mountain bumps -from what the old man tells me - are caused by pressure within the walls of the mine itself that actually blows the coal out and they are most times a result of cruddy (see greedy) mining practices.

B

B.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I hate to sound like a grim reaper, but there's now a third fatality.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Confirmed there are now three dead and 6 other injured from this incident

Three rescuers have died and six more have been injured during efforts to reach a group of coal miners trapped underground in the US state of Utah.

source BBC

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join