It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about religion [has nearly everything you need to know]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
www.myspace.com...
Read the three blogs about religion in order.

Tell me what you think.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Porsche83

Oh, dear. Not another one. Surely your little series of diatribes are aimed squarely at Christianity, possibly extended to Western ideas regarding other monotheistic religions? What about Buddhism? What about Taoism? Read the Tao Te Ching and point out one single sentence that is insane. Go on. I read yours, so you have to read mine. 'S only fair.

www.taoteching.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The reason why Christianity has mispointers is simple, it changed.

First it was Jewish, so they wanted to protect their kind and spread the religion.
(everything written up to Moses)

Then it changed from guidance and loving religion to a controlling religion, this was due to the harsh times in which the Jews were persecuted by various nations. They wanted strength an unity.
(from post Moses to Jesus)

Then Jesus came along and said this whole controlling thing is blown out of proportions, get rd of it and return to love.
(Jesus' message of love and how it will conquer all. It aided people during the collapse of Roman civilization when unity and love for one another was needed)

Then it went back into controlling the people by suppressing the knowledge of the Bible. Religion became corrupt
( No books were written during this time. The message of love and purity was lost as the Church suppressed people's knowledge)

Then the reformation happened and education gave way to a revival of the message of love and unity, which lead to the Renaissance (i can't spell).

(this message gave way to religious revolution and a return to education and self knowledge. Never again could the people be controlled by corrupt church officials, and the church learned this and became an advisor)

This is why religion changes and the Bible often contradicts itself. However, Christians are not suppose to care for the old testament least the 10 commandments. Jesus' message has been lost once again today. In 2012 you will see a proof of God like no other. And he will remind us that Love is the main point of Christianity, not power.

join