It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had $, would you go for Euros?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey all !

With all the things I have read about the near future crash of the stock market, the US dollar sinking and the up coming meeting of the Three Amigos on august 20,21 not far away from where I live, about the North American Union and the Amero currency.......

This makes me wonder..... If the US dollar collapses well my Canadian dollar will collapse also...

What does that mean ? Will that mean that all my savings $$ will be worthless??

Will the creation of the Amero currency compete directly with the Euro or will it take time for the Amero to gain value...

Would it be wise to trade my $$ into Euro`s now before it`s too late ?

Any responses welcome.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I would trade you $$$ in for Euro's. I know if I had a chance or some way to move to Europe and earn either the Euro or the Pound I would jump on the chance in a heart beat!!!! Keep what I have now, and get a job in Europe or the UK. Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Damn... the dollar really is low! :O I should come visit your country and buy your computers and digi cams
Seriously, I would save a bundle!

You can pretty much count on the Euro, it's been stabil for a long time now. But I guess that if Americas economy does go down the drain it will have an impact on Europe too.
The thing is... now when the dollar is low you wouldn't really get that much from a trade in would you? I mean...seeing that exchange rate, I can't remember the last time it was so cheap to buy dollars.

Come to Denmark...we don't have Euros but a nice steady Crown, and we have an alltime low of unemployment at the moment, so should make for an easy start.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They claim bill gates did, so you read what you like into that.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'll be getting a good sum of money pretty soon and I plan to convert much of it into Euros.

Then when the USD crashes or the Amero starts being used I'll convert it back.

If Gates did it, I'm sure he had a good reason.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Good to know, now If Bill did it with his fortune well I may do it with my under 10K. But to be honest, what the hell is happening ?

Will it really happen ??

Is the American (Us & Canada) economy really going into the sink hole really soon ??

Is all of this true or aim I imagining things ??

Currency Conversion Results

Symbol Canadian Dollar Exchange
Rate Euro Bid Ask
CADEUR=X 1 Aug 16 0.6936 0.6936 0.6936 0.6939

So is 1 Cad dollar , now 69 cents Euro ok or will it go into the abyss sooner than later ?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They claim bill gates did, so you read what you like into that.

I did also hear that. Im not sure if its true or not. As I couldnt find any sources worth posting with it.. So take it for what that means.
And yes the dollar is extreamly low. Most countries are backing out of the dollar and cashing in Euros. But then agin I am speaking from the hip here, Im not clear on the facts.

Oh just to add, If I had any money I would buy a car with it..
I think you would have to be a pretty big investor, or extreamly rich person if you would have to consider changing your money around like that. Or is it? Im not sure, but if you had 10 million in a bank somewhere and you trade its worth of 10 million Euros, wouldnt the person trading from american to euro get screwed a little bit, or does that equal out?
10million american dollars= how many euros?

If you trade out, wouldnt you lose a little? As the dollar wasnt worth as much as your trading for?

Like I will give you 2 of these, for 1 of those.

[edit on 063131p://0719 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There is strong speculation that the Fed will soon cut the Fed Funds rate by 50 basis pts. A 50pt rate cut could translate to USDX .76

Swiss Francs
Aug 17...$1 CAD = $1.1384 SF.
Everbank.

**My opinion only...always do your own DD**

top topics

join