It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should pull out of Iraq ASAP....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A vast majority of war on terror posts I've seen on these boards suggest that most people believe we're doing more harm than good in Iraq, and that we really are serving no purpose over there. So I say this, "Lets pull out!"

Lets pull out so the country can fall back into complete anarchy, and a maniacal dictator can take over the country, ruling with fear rather than democracy.

Lets pull out so Al-Queda can re-group in Iraq, and bring the war on terror back to the shores of the USA.

Lets pull out because the Iraqi's don't need help training their police/military force.

Lets pull out because our soldiers are dying overseas, when we'd rather have civilians die right here in the USA via terrorist bombing.

Lets pull out because we want all the soldiers to feel like they've wasted time and lives for nothing.

[/sarcasm]

Yes it sucks our troops are dying there, but lets not forget the good things they're doing there, and how ugly things could get REALLY fast if they weren't there. Also don't forget that every one of those troops signed their name on the dotted line...they knowingly made themselves a "Human Resource". Whether they agree with the reason they are there or not, no one forced their hand to that paperwork. Obviously no one wants them in harm's way, but the bottom line is: That's their job.

We want them home safe, but the job's gotta be finished first....

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why are the troops there then sunshine?its an illegal war and no matter what you think we shouldnt be there

If your band ever makes it dont express these views out of america either,as you will get a shock-your in the minority,its time you woke up

i take it your jewish american?a lot of you seem to have no humanity

BTW not too bad band,and a pro looking oficial website,good luck with her but watch your mouth over the pond if you ever make it-from young to old NO ONE here likes oafish bragging arogant yanks

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
Yes it sucks our troops are dying there, but lets not forget the good things they're doing there, and how ugly things could get REALLY fast if they weren't there. Also don't forget that every one of those troops signed their name on the dotted line...they knowingly made themselves a "Human Resource". Whether they agree with the reason they are there or not, no one forced their hand to that paperwork. Obviously no one wants them in harm's way, but the bottom line is: That's their job.

We want them home safe, but the job's gotta be finished first....

Well the number 1 reason they are there is for the oil resources. As long as there will be oil there will be US presence. I don't think the US leaders give a # about how many Iraqi's are killed each day or what would happen to them if they pulled out for good. I don't even think they care how many US soldiers are killed. There is already a puppet government in place that will open up the oil market to western companies.

its an illegal war and no matter what you think we shouldnt be there

No wars are "legal" or "illegal"...

[edit on 30-8-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for your opinion, but you really didn't address anything I said in the original post.

What I was trying to get at is that we ARE doing some good things over there that no one talks about, and that our troops are there of their own volition (sp?). When you sign up for the military, there's a chance you're going to go to war, whether you agree with the reasons or not. NO ONE FORCES ANYONE TO SIGN UP FOR THE MILITARY. THIS IS THE CHANCE YOU TAKE WHEN YOU SIGN THE PAPERWORK.

These points are totally aside from my political views, your political views, and the worlds political views. These are FACTS that hardly anyone ever mentions.

Also, thanks for checking out my band...I doubt we'll be playing abroad anytime soon, and even if we did, we're not really a political type band (although I believe most of us in the band lean toward the conservative side)...we're definately not preachy, and rarely talk about politics even amongst ourselves.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Jaruseleh]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
To be honest mate there is nothing to say realy about what you said,the troops of any nation are more than cannon fodder and the more we think of them as humans the better things will be.

By your logic presidential war orders are good enough for every troop to follow,even if their illegal or not?So what if push comes to shove and america wakes up and decides to get this or future warmongers out of office by force but the president orders the army to shoot to kill them on the street saying their terrorists?The troops have signed up and have to do as told?

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11,Al-Queda are very few in numbers in Iraq now-we are fighting the Iraqis,and they fight us rightly to get us out of their country we have raped and their friends and famliy we have slaughtered

for the record Iraq was a very western country before we invaded with free health care,education for all sexes and law and order!sure it had to be ruled with a rod of iron to keep the tribes from ripping each other apart but it worked.It wasnt perfect but its a MILLION times better than the hell hole that exists there now!

cool idea with the band,politics and music shouldnt mix,its ok to have a protest song but by on large we should just play banging tunes loud and smile
anyway i dont see eye to eye on you on Iraq,your country is behaving like a bully and needs a damm good slap to bring it down to earth and get some manners back.But i can respect you as a fellow musician so best of luck.and if your luck doesnt hold out dont join the army!lol

[edit on 30-8-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
To be honest mate there is nothing to say realy about what you said,the troops of any nation are more than cannon fodder and the more we think of them as humans the better things will be.

As I said, you sign the papers KNOWING you're essentially cannon fodder, and again, no one is forcing anyone's hand. Our military does so willingly.

By your logic presidential war orders are good enough for every troop to follow,even if their illegal or not?So what if push comes to shove and america wakes up and decides to get this or future warmongers out of office by force but the president orders the army to shoot to kill them on the street saying their terrorists?The troops have signed up and have to do as told?

Not to be a jerk, but have you done any research on why we went to Iraq, and who voted for it? We originally went to Iraq because of WMD's and Saddam's un-willingness to work with the U.N. on the subject. Frankly, It irritates me that Bush threw Al-Queda into the mix, because that wasn't the original intent...but my feelings aside, it wasn't just Bush who sent us there. The vote to go to Iraq was largely bi-partisan. Democrats and Republicans alike voted with a resounding "Yes!" Like I said, Bush's biggest mistake was throwing Al-Queda into the mix, THAT'S what turned people against him, not the original reason we went to war.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11,Al-Queda are very few in numbers in Iraq now-we are fighting the Iraqis,and they fight us rightly to get us out of their country we have raped and their friends and famliy we have slaughtered

You're right, but given the original reason we went to Iraq (as I just stated), it would have looked even worse for us to go there, blow the hell out of them, and then just leave. Our original intent was good, then Al-Queda got involved, then everything went to hell in a handbasket.

for the record Iraq was a very western country before we invaded with free health care,education for all sexes and law and order!sure it had to be ruled with a rod of iron to keep the tribes from ripping each other apart but it worked.It wasnt perfect but its a MILLION times better than the hell hole that exists there now!

That's an opinion, which we're all entitled to. However, you never see the GOOD that's going on there. Hospitals and Schools being rebuilt, Power being restored, Water plants being restored, etc...I agree there's a lot of crap going on there, but don't forget the things that are good. It may be worse than it was before as we speak, but in years to come, if/when everything settles down, it's going to be WAY better than it was before. And that's my opinion...tit for tat.

cool idea with the band,politics and music shouldnt mix,its ok to have a protest song but by on large we should just play banging tunes loud and smile
anyway i dont see eye to eye on you on Iraq,your country is behaving like a bully and needs a damm good slap to bring it down to earth and get some manners back.But i can respect you as a fellow musician so best of luck.and if your luck doesnt hold out dont join the army!lol

I've written 1 political song...that's enough for me. This message board is more than enough to be my political outlet. lol I appreciate the kind words, and best of luck to you as well...and trust me, I won't join the Army. I already spent 4 years in the Air Force. I did my time, and I'll stick to civilian life from now on. lol

[edit on 30-8-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Even though i do not agree with the war, if you brake it, you own it. So.... we at least now owe these people, whose lives have been ruined because of us, a safer iraq, but damnit we need some help besides just US soldiers. And plus, nobody in iraq even CARES about a unified iraq. I say balkanize!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
Why are the troops there then sunshine?its an illegal war and no matter what you think we shouldnt be there

If your band ever makes it dont express these views out of america either,as you will get a shock-your in the minority,its time you woke up

i take it your jewish american?a lot of you seem to have no humanity

BTW not too bad band,and a pro looking oficial website,good luck with her but watch your mouth over the pond if you ever make it-from young to old NO ONE here likes oafish bragging arogant yanks

WHAT? Wow, this post was .. just .. I can't even begin to measure the ignorance in this post.

But uhm... do you honestly think that after all the # we've put Iraq through that they're really going to want to mess with us again? And do you think that when they are in complete anarchy they will even be able to think about anything (like terrorizing the US) other than rebuilding their own country?

Yeah, everyone thinks Iraq's main and only priority is to terrorize the US. We've killed more Iraqi civilians than Saddam Hussein himself.

Someone please explain to me how much progress we're making by staying in Iraq because I don't see any.

new topics

top topics

join