It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking capitalism to its end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
´thinking-capitalism-to-its-end´

What is social threefolding?
www.threefolding.org...

Threefolding

Culture, in order to thrive, requires freedom - not the freedom of nations, in whatever sense, but the freedom of the individual. Which of course does not imply that individuals may not form groups! Each individual must be able, however, to take a stance that separates him or her from all groups and must be able to cross cultural borders at will. In this sense, each human being is a minority of one.

And what about the global economy? Globalization is actually not the problem, but rather an opportunity which has so far been wasted. It would not be difficult to transform it into global solidarity. But unfair prices make it global irresponsibility. He who counts on the random nature of markets cheats either himself or someone else. If there are to be no losers, humans must associate themselves in such a way that together they can achieve insight into economic processes. Economics really only begins to make sense if it is understood to mean: each human being stands for all of humanity.

Cultural and economic issues aside, there exist those which do lend themselves to majority rule. These include occupational safety, consumer protection and other safety-related issues. However, he who fails to understand the limits of majority rule, whether he wishes to or not only fans the flames of future wars.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by anti72]

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 8/16/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A thoughtful thread and an interesting philosophy. I went to the link but I am still not clear on how this could be implemented in either the long or the short term. Also the reference to globalization is a huge red flag for me.

I have thought about the pros and cons of a strictly capitalist system and it does have serious draw backs - specifically the hot topics of healthcare, education and natural resources. But most other ideologies have serious limits to personal liberties. Can't think of a better way for now but I will keep an eye on this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
kosmicjack:
A thoughtful thread and an interesting philosophy. I went to the link but I am still not clear on how this could be implemented in either the long or the short term.

well it is done already. there are acrive projects. well I didn´t write, the original thinking ´concept´ is from Rudolf Steiner. His Waldorf schools are also a working realisation of the threefolding idea. (´free, non-state-schools´)

Also the reference to globalization is a huge red flag for me.

Why? where do you think you live?

I have thought about the pros and cons of a strictly capitalist system and it does have serious draw backs - specifically the hot topics of healthcare, education and natural resources. But most other ideologies have serious limits to personal liberties. Can't think of a better way for now but I will keep an eye on this thread.

well, what state do we live in? is it really well-tought economically, socially and educationally?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Points well made and gladly acknowledged. You will have to forgive my mental lethargy as I am only now just awake...politically speaking.

May I ask how you were introduced to this mind-blowing, world-changing philosopy? Also, how do you think it will be received by current world standards... and on ATS?

I wish more ATS big-thinkers and tree-shakers would participate in this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
nice of you..
well , I´m an artist. I am still a ´fan´ of the famous artist Joseph Beuys, who was direcly involved into the development of threefolding.
´everybody is an artist !´.

he was a heavy duty discussion man ;-), always had the time to explain to any one those ideas, evern for hours. when he was in Ireland for his exhibitions, he founded the Free International University, a college project.

well I think these days, his ideas or better,the ideas of social threefolding get more and more recognized. in eastern european countries, which suffer from civil wars, without much state money help, they start to manage ´private´schools that way, you know.

there is a german anthroposophic educater and former energy business man, Wilhelm Schmundt, (who also made up this title ´think-capitalism-to-its-end´), wrote some good, practical books about how to manage a modern business in that way, the different money-streams, banks,views etc. very interesting!

here some more links

www.threefolding.freeuk.com...
www.threefolding.freeuk.com...

greets

feel free to give this post a flag!!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think globalization and a new world order on many levels would work.
The problem is the people pushing it are cannabalistic elite rich war mongers and satanists. Another problem is, why are they so secretive about it?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here we go again...different thread, same attitude. Change your "mood" to tenacious and try not to ruin this thread too!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Horus8

Better yet, change your "mood" to receptive and let Anti71 and others discuss this topic in a broad-minded way with out all of the typical rabble-rousing.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Horus8:
I think globalization and a new world order on many levels would work.

if you mean THE NWO it surely wont ´work´
. threefolding is based on democratic, even christian points and is thought to ´pack the bull on its horns´.

The problem is the people pushing it are cannabalistic elite rich war mongers and satanists. Another problem is, why are they so secretive about it?

well if enough people will change the system so drastically from down to upwards, even satanists wont have a chance.

it about free will. they know that.

and its not a game. as far as I know,´satanists´USE your free will, while you think you do it right,but they act based on LIES. and now look to the gov´t and this war president

but, good point! the spiritual point is very important , and the time for ´policy´is gone. thats the main point.
this system has failed.

P.S.
er, some flags would be nice..

[edit on 17-8-2007 by anti72]

new topics

top topics

join