It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran blasts US missile shield plans at Central Asian summit

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As a result China, Russia and 4 central Asia states join Iran's side and both believe US should be halted and shown we are not the "police" of the world. (put into my own words of course)...


There have been distinct anti-Western overtones at a summit bringing together China, Russia and four Central Asian states. The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation agreed on closer energy ties and to play a bigger role in helping Afghanistan.


Source:
euronews.net...

Does anyone else smell World War 3 brewing? Or fear America does not have the power to fight these 3 superpowers? I believe we just plain do not have the power to win if they all turn against us! What do you think?

[edit on 16-8-2007 by blowfishdl]




posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl
 


To be honest... I also think America should stop policing the world
Nothing good has come of it and nothing good will definately come of it if your dictator decides to further flex his muscles against the middle east and asian countries.
People will live in fear for the next 30 years like last time.

But I think it's too bad that the American public has to be dragged into all this. Hopefully most of you can see that what was done in the middle east wasn't a good idea...?

[edit on 16/8/07 by flice]



posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
yes well you would be very pleased to hear we never wanted bush in office from the very start. We actually voted against him and yet because our "checks and balences" system of government is so flawed, he had enough of his buddies in congress vote for him that he got in anyway. While many supported the war in the middle east because of disinformation (9/11 basically gave the government a go ahead from the majority to seek "terrorists"). Many of these "terrorists" now are just plain targets by the government and military in which will be seeked and destroyed in order to fulfill a "New World Order". Or in other words the big guys want to own the entire planet, not just a portion of it.



posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
yes well you would be very pleased to hear we never wanted bush in office from the very start.


Well, you need to speak for yourself. Maybe you didn't want him in office, maybe others did.

I see no problem with a missile shield. Any country is allowed to protect itself. Unless the US Missile Shield was powered by sacrificing Iranian, Russian, Chinese and Central Asian children, what are their worries about it? Afraid tbey won't be able to lob a nuke at the US anymore?

Heck, let them develop one on their own! Maybe we all will scrap our nukes then.



posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hmmm... so lemme get this straight... they want to build a missle shield, and that makes them the world police? If you wanted to make a thread claiming that America should stop policing the world, that would've been a better topic than the the missle shield.

May I ask, using your OWN opinion, what is wrong with the US, or any other country, making a 'shield' to defend themselves against incoming threats? It's like saying people shouldnt use radar or satellites either...



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What's wrong with it? Is that a serious question?

Everything is wrong with it! For 60 years the entire world has lived under the threat of nuclear weapons, the most compelling reason NOT to use them was risk of return fire. Luckily, even during the cuban missile crisis cooler heads ruled and we didn't get toasted. Now, some idiot has suddenly decided than even though Russia has destroyed the majority of it's missiles and are more than ever at peace with the west, to build a 'shield'. Why?

Don't you realise what this does? It upsets an equilibrium that has been in place for 60 years. This balance of power between America or NATO and Russia is exactly what stopped nuclear war. Now GWB, being the man he is realising he can't develop bigger and better nuclear weapons (although he obviously wants to) has decided to continue his childish 'my willy is bigger than yours' game using 'shields' rather than weapons.

Russia doesn't have either the resource or the will to carry out such a program. I'm sure China has the resource but not the experience, and the other nuclear powers have neither. So therefore can you not see why it's making them nervous? Why the sudden change in policy, why after 60 years and finally getting to a point in history where the number of nuclear weapons is actually reducing rather than increasing does America need a shield?

America knows they are the only nation capable of such a project right now, and for that reason it's just as bad as developing newer, bigger, more intelligent nuclear weapons. America's biggest threat is supposedly terrorism, well this isn't going to stop a fundamentalist parking a nuke in the back of a van outside the white house!
What makes this so scary is that despite GW being totally dumb, his advisors (puppet masters) are not! They know this will provoke other nations, they know it will probably provoke attack. I actually think they want exactly that, they want a nation to attack America's strategic weapons (which this would be) so they have the excuse to retaliate, perhaps with nuclear force.

Why upset the apple cart now? Mutually assured destruction, as ugly as it is has worked for 60 years.

And in response to the OP's question, no...if China, Russia, Iran, N.Korea and the rest of America's enemies decided to attack, the USA would be toast.

Cheers

Robbie



posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Something that many people dont realize is that the missile shield in poland is meant to protect against missile launched at the US over the atlantic, however both Russia and China would launch ICBMs over the PACIFIC if attacking the US. How is Russia seriously going to justify any action against the US this way? The radar is even pointing the wrong way. Its meant against Iran.

Personally after reading so many posts that complain about the US I hope the US DOESNT build the thing. Some day, a crazy terrorist is going to get his hands on some russian ICBM and its going to hit Israel, and the words "I told you so" somehow just wont say it.

In fact I dissagree that the US is policing the world. OOh we invaded Afghanistan...yes, after they attacked us. OOh we invaded Iraq...I love how people on this forum say "oh we just went in for oil" AND they say "were policing the world". Yeah...hypocrites.

AND FOR THE SAKE OF discussion, lets assume that what you all say is true, that America IS policing the world. What would be so wrong with that? Its not like anyone else would do it, the UN definately doesnt do # about it, and if soemone DOESNT do something about Iran RUSSIA is going to sell it an ICBM and there goes Israel. I guess no one else sees terrorists as a threat, I bet MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING I OWN that the minute someone else like Russia gets planes smacked into their tallest and most prominent buildings, they might just feel the same way that the US does.

I fail to fathom how some people feel that US hostilities towards a country that has blatantly and repeatedly stated it wants to wipe Israel, a prominent US ally, off the map, is wrong, and "Policing the world".

EDIT: And a missile shield does NOT upset your "Equilibrium." If Russia really wants to get nukes through, a polish missile shield isnt going to stop it even if they WERE atlantic missiles, and EVERYONE knows that, and has acknowladged that, so who is policing the world here REALLY? At least the US polices to protect other countries while others SWEAT anti-western juice because they just dont like us.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by BlackWidow23]



posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Did you stop to think its because of russian/asian hostility towards the west that the shields going up.Secondly,the only"SUPERPOWER"left is the US.Lastly iran never was,is or will be a"SUPERPOWER".



posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I see no problem with a missile shield. Any country is allowed to protect itself. Unless the US Missile Shield was powered by sacrificing Iranian, Russian, Chinese and Central Asian children, what are their worries about it? Afraid tbey won't be able to lob a nuke at the US anymore?


I think that is exactly the problem, the idea behind keeping nuclear weapons was that they 'deter' powerful states from going to war with each other. If the USA develops a system that in effect destroys other states nuclear abilities, then they tip the balance that nuclear weapons created. In effect America is kick-staring the Cold War and a new weapons race. - Then using media spin to create the image that it is Russia who is being aggressive to the West; claiming new Arctic territory and restarting bomber patrols. Come on people take off the rose tinted glasses! Were being ****ed over by our governments again!

As for other states creating their own missile defense systems? Well first off they cant match the technology the West uses, and secondly all that will happen is the USA would develop yet another system capable of destroying their missile systems. Ask yourself, why are they developing this missile defense system? Its not as if the USA is at war with any super-power nations capable of such nuclear attacks. - The only explanation is an attempt to undermine other nations so the USA can keep its strangle hold on world power!

EU citizens should be concerned as well, the USA intends to build a key part of their missile system in Poland, so if the EU ever irritates America they can just deactivate the defense, meaning the EU will be at the mercy of the USA when their little Cold War is fired back up.

This is a typical move by the most corrupt, power greedy, violent country ever to have existed.


[edit on 21/8/07 by Chupa101]



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
'Here Here' Chupa, finally someone is seeing sense!

I didn't suggest that America is trying to "police the world" although I do think that us (being the UK) and America have made some incredibly ill informed decisions over the last 50 years trying to meddle with other countries foreign and internal policy. Having said that, we've also done a lot of good for the world! Unfortunately the damage has been done and due to human nature it's the bad things that people remember.

As for where the radar is pointed and what the system is currently designed to achieve, that's not the point, neither is the technology used. When one looks into the system it appears to be very modular, allowing expansion in the future. If the principle is approved then the expansion is much easier, kind of a 'get the foot in the door' tactic. This is what I think major powers like Russia and China are worried about.

Chupa is also correct about the EU worrying, both Poland and the Czech Republic will be bases for the first GMD sites, with the UK also being involved!

As for Blackwidows comment


America IS policing the world. What would be so wrong with that? Its not like anyone else would do it, the UN definately doesnt do # about it, and if soemone DOESNT do something about Iran RUSSIA is going to sell it an ICBM and there goes Israel. I guess no one else sees terrorists as a threat, I bet MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING I OWN that the minute someone else like Russia gets planes smacked into their tallest and most prominent buildings, they might just feel the same way that the US does.

I could not disagree more!

1. Are you seriously saying that there is nothing wrong with one country, one supposedly elected government, one man, one army, one culture policing the world? Sounds very Hitleresque!

2. Why would Russia sell Iran a nuclear weapon system? What possible interest would that serve them?

3. Betting your life is a rather bold statement! You think the US is the only victim of terrorism? Come on! Have you not heard of Budyonnovsk, the Red Square bombings right outside the Kremlin, Beslan, the moscow subway bombings.....the list goes on! I grew up with the threat of the IRA! You suggest these countries don't see terrorism as a threat? What a totally rediculous comment! Of course they do, they just don't react with the violent and insecure attitude your goverment does!

4. The UN are a multinational force that in my opinion is a very fair and much less 'gung-ho' organisation than the US goverment. They consider the impact of their actions before they act! They don't falsify intelligence to justify war! They act for the benefit of civilisation rather than the gain of one or two countries!

Rose tinted glasses was a very apt comment Chupa!

Cheers

Robbie



[edit on 22-8-2007 by stratsys-sws]

[edit on 22-8-2007 by stratsys-sws]



posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
Something that many people dont realize is that the missile shield in poland is meant to protect against missile launched at the US over the atlantic, however both Russia and China would launch ICBMs over the PACIFIC if attacking the US. How is Russia seriously going to justify any action against the US this way? The radar is even pointing the wrong way. Its meant against Iran.

Personally after reading so many posts that complain about the US I hope the US DOESNT build the thing. Some day, a crazy terrorist is going to get his hands on some russian ICBM and its going to hit Israel, and the words "I told you so" somehow just wont say it.

In fact I dissagree that the US is policing the world. OOh we invaded Afghanistan...yes, after they attacked us. OOh we invaded Iraq...I love how people on this forum say "oh we just went in for oil" AND they say "were policing the world". Yeah...hypocrites.

AND FOR THE SAKE OF discussion, lets assume that what you all say is true, that America IS policing the world. What would be so wrong with that? Its not like anyone else would do it, the UN definately doesnt do # about it, and if soemone DOESNT do something about Iran RUSSIA is going to sell it an ICBM and there goes Israel. I guess no one else sees terrorists as a threat, I bet MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING I OWN that the minute someone else like Russia gets planes smacked into their tallest and most prominent buildings, they might just feel the same way that the US does.

I fail to fathom how some people feel that US hostilities towards a country that has blatantly and repeatedly stated it wants to wipe Israel, a prominent US ally, off the map, is wrong, and "Policing the world".

EDIT: And a missile shield does NOT upset your "Equilibrium." If Russia really wants to get nukes through, a polish missile shield isnt going to stop it even if they WERE atlantic missiles, and EVERYONE knows that, and has acknowladged that, so who is policing the world here REALLY? At least the US polices to protect other countries while others SWEAT anti-western juice because they just dont like us.

How can you call people hypocrites for saying the USA police the world. In order for people to be considered hipocrites they too would have to be policing the world, then complain about somebody else doing it. Complaining and making a statement is not being a hypocrite unless you too are joining in on the same action you are protesting. Also, you pretty much came at posters on her with no facts and just bashing every fact somebody laid out not with anothr fact to back you up but just by being negative. There are better ways to respond to a post.
[edit on 21-8-2007 by BlackWidow23]



posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
sry if it seems odd...te last paragraph in the quoted section is actually my response post...It got misplaced within the quote.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join