It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf in Stafford, UK?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i live really close to stafford and i go t college there at the mo.
i never heard this before until i read this so very weird

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hi all,

I must admit that I came across this forum by accident, but was greatly surprised / impressed by the measured, non-hysterical postings on this topic!!

I'm Nick - of the West Midlands Ghost Club - and would just like to add to your discussion in saying that the role the W.M.G.C. played in this mini-drama was blown out of all proportion by the Cannock press, etc. To quote:

"West Midlands Ghost Club says they have been contacted by a number of shocked residents who saw what they claimed to be a `hairy wolf-type creature' walking on its hind legs around the German War Cemetery, just off Camp Road, in between Stafford and Cannock. Several of them claim the creature sprang up on its hind legs and ran into the nearby bushes when it was spotted."

We were not contacted with numerous accounts of werewolf sightings and witness testimony...... such details were purely an invention of one newspaper in particular. In truth, we have only ever received one, solitary account re. this subject and this - while intriguing - dates from a number of years ago.

Unfortunately, the newspaper concerned is an absolute gem for this style of reporting - especially when dealing with potentially paranormal related data. We have had numerous dealing with them in the past - supplied them with information on different topics, etc - but have refused to do so in recent years because of the way in which they conduct themselves. (This is a paper which - for many months - ran numerous photographs of animal carcasses discovered on the Chase, inviting readers to send in their snaps of 'Chase Beast kills', etc!! During their coverage of the 'Chase Bigfoot' their messageboard was apprently inundated with complaints and comments from the US, condemning them for their flippant and comical attitude to the subject!!)

I have to admit that, in some 20 years of such activity, this erroneous reporting on the subject of the Chase Werewolf has generated more publicity for the group than anything else we have ever been involved with - though I'm completely at odds as to why this should be??

Best wishes,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com
westmidlandsghostclub.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi Nick, and welcome to the forums!

It's unfortunate that the UK media machine is so quick to peddle so much fabrication as legitimate news. It certainly doesn't do those of us out there with an honest interest in the paranormal/cryptozoology any favors.

I myself have been to the chase numerous times, and never once saw anything or heard anything out of whack... but then again, maybe it was something to do with the 12lb Napoleonic Cannons we had with us scared potential critters away... but thats another story for another time

Hope to see you around!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

the original werewolf legend came from stories of people taking carriages or sleds across remote areas being chased by phantom wolves

of course, thats from monsterquest

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
lol i live in tamworth which is next to stafford... lol i went flyin lessons at the stafford air strip... theres loads of countryside there were loads of stuff could hide...lol i never saw anythin wen i learnt do do loop the loop lol an i was 16 lol im 17 now..

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
lol an i camped for 2 days in cannok chace.. an it raind an me tent leeked lol... we used to have to do stealth skills at night lol but never saw anytbing.... lol i hate rain... took 2weeks b4 it was dry lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join