It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilty Verdict Reached in Padilla Trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, but doesn't the fact that there is an "Application For Entry Into Al Qaeda" form intrigue you? I know it does me. I want to know what one looks like, where they are kept, who keeps them, what other paperwork is out there, etc.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yes, but doesn't the fact that there is an "Application For Entry Into Al Qaeda" form intrigue you? I know it does me. I want to know what one looks like, where they are kept, who keeps them, what other paperwork is out there, etc.

You got me there. Just what are the membership requirements?

"I'm sorry Mr. Smith, but after a review of your acedemic record, we find that you're just not Al Qaeda material. We hope that you'll apply to other terrorist organizations in the future. Perhaps, with improvements, we might see your application again. Thanks very much for your time, and have a good day."

Or

"Dear Mr. Smith. An examination of your medical records shows that you're not in the best of health. We have concerns about your cardio-vascular condition, and your cholesterol numbers are utterly unacceptable. While we appreciate your enthusiasm for global jihad, we must decline your application at this time. Attached, please find a list of recommended doctors and diet plans. We look forard to seeing your membership application again."

Or even possibly

"Mr. Smith, we've been reviewing your application for our martyr program. As a member in good standing, we feel that you would be a superior candidate for this fast track position. Unfortunately, our records indicate that you're behind in your dues for the months of January, February, and March. As soon as you rectify this oversight, we'll continue further review of your application. Thanks very much for your time. Have a good day."

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good ones!
The particular document that Padilla was handling was an application to an al Qaeda training camp, I believe. A 5 page document, but his prints were only found on the outer two covers, which proved that he had handled it but not read it, according to his lawyers.

<< 1   >>

join