It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And he's SERIOUS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I couldn't believe my eye upon reading this:
He didn't free the slaves.
He didn't rid the world of Hitler.

He didn't even - like his father - preside over the destruction of the Berlin Wall.

Yet George W. Bush tells New Yorker writer Ken Auletta: "No President has ever done more for human rights than I have."

With stunners like that, no wonder he spends so little time with journalists.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
That's, um...wow. I wish I could say surprising but it's not at all. Perhaps human right's leader James Carter should just forward that silly peace prize on over to that Patriot Act wielding self important dry drunk Bush.

Man, it's not even funny anymore. :shk:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That's kind of like Hitler saying, "No one has ever done more for the Jewish people that I have..."

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Looking back on the greatest 3 years in US history,
I'd have to say my favorite Bush moment was when he championed suffrage for women. Sure, that speech about Sex Tourism was good... but defeating the Taxation without Representation by the English was better. So many Bush accomplishments remain largely "misunderestimated" just like him. :shk:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What's truly amazing, is that there are enough "Bushisms" to fill not one, but two calendars...with a Bushism for each day of the year each!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A lot of things are taken out of context, but I agree. He needs to watch what he says, but so do a lot of others who don't seem to get as much limelight.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You know what's really sad. He supports the death penalty yet Christianity is what changed his life before he took office. Would Jesus support the death penalty.

Mr. Mulder

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
You know what's really sad. He supports the death penalty yet Christianity is what changed his life before he took office. Would Jesus support the death penalty.

Umm... There is a reason for seperation of church and state. If we did everything by what the book(bible) says, we'd be in some deep #. Remember the crusades? Or you could just take a look at the situation that has forever existed in the middle east. It doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner

Umm... There is a reason for seperation of church and state. If we did everything by what the book(bible) says, we'd be in some deep #. Remember the crusades? Or you could just take a look at the situation that has forever existed in the middle east. It doesn't work.

I just don't think executing criminals has any effect on them at all. In my opinion, every criminal that is executed would perfer that over living. I would much rather see a criminal suffer in an isolated prison like in Alaska, doing hard manual labor, than being executed and getting it over with. That would teach him or her a big lesson about life when it comes time for parrole. I for one don't like our prison system here in America. Prisoners get too much freedom such as watching TV or what have you. Because of that it really doesn't teach them anything.

Mr. Mulder

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I just don't think executing criminals has any effect on them at all. In my opinion, every criminal that is executed would perfer that over living. I would much rather see a criminal suffer in an isolated prison like in Alaska, doing hard manual labor, than being executed and getting it over with. That would teach him or her a big lesson about life when it comes time for parrole. I for one don't like our prison system here in America. Prisoners get too much freedom such as watching TV or what have you. Because of that it really doesn't teach them anything.

Ok, now that I can agree with. Prisoners shouldn't be allowed cable, internet, or schooling programs. Most prisoners are just repeat offenders. It is cheaper, though, to execute a prisoner rather than keep them alive.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That is the most rediculous thing ever said by him.

And that is saying a lot!

About prison, we need to get back to basics.

No TV, no internet, no free time.

Prison should be 20 hours a day in a cell. 1 hour for excersize ( no socializing)
3 hours for meals.

The thing that they could do, would be to take classes, and have as many books as they want.

That would make prison a punishment and they could also cut down the time of sentances.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It is cheaper, though, to execute a prisoner rather than keep them alive.

Preach it, demon!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What's really a joke is allowing and encouraging prisoners to weight train.... Hell, lets take these guys and make them even bigger and badder! Yeah, great idea! :bash: Hell, why not let them practice their marksmanship on the range, or teach security system classes while we're at it...???

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, he was up for the peace prize after 9-11 along with Blair. Some of that attention must of gone to his head. Hey! maybe his head will keep filling until he floats away into the cosmos...haha, I was watching his speech to NASA and when he said "humans are headed to the cosmos" I busted out laughing...I don't know why I found that so freakin funny...maybe I'm an idiot but that was good stuff. It definately went in my rainy day smile file.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
I couldn't believe my eye upon reading this:
He didn't free the slaves.
He didn't rid the world of Hitler.

He didn't even - like his father - preside over the destruction of the Berlin Wall.

Yet George W. Bush tells New Yorker writer Ken Auletta: "No President has ever done more for human rights than I have."

With stunners like that, no wonder he spends so little time with journalists.

www.nydailynews.com...

lincoln only freed the slaves as an act of war. if the civil war hadnt broken out the slaves would of never been freed

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

It is cheaper, though, to execute a prisoner rather than keep them alive.

Preach it, demon!

No kidding Colonel. That's some propaganda alright. It's true ASSUMING you eliminate the appeals process. It costs MILLIONS to get to the point to execute somebody. You could send a small village to college for the price of one execution. But then, we know how pro-death penalty people feel about appeals, and the right to a defense and "innocent until proven guilty" and all that silly liberal hogwash. They prefer to RUSH to "justice" calling a spade a spade. It would be cheaper to just tie 'em to the back of pick ups and drag 'em. Darn libs and their human rights.

My state kills more people than your state.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
executions make politicians look 'tough on crime'...just like the 'war on drugs', but both are just two more examples of taxpayer money being wasted.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Well, he was up for the peace prize after 9-11 along with Blair.

You have got to be joking !

You weren't were you ?

This world is well and truly screwed

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
That's kind of like Hitler saying, "No one has ever done more for the Jewish people that I have..."

Is it wrong that I find that absolutely hilarious? That's exactly what it was too. Great analogy!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Mr. Mulder

Some criminals we just want to get off the planet before they can harm anyone else. They need to be removed in the fastest, surest possible means. We do not want them spreading their criminal genes throughout the gene pool through conjugal visits or by escaping and raping innocents. Not everyone is a candidate for rehab.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join