It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Rate in Army at a 26 Year High

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can see why this is true, when these people see countless slaughters and raping of civilians even on a daily basis. War is ruining the lives of these soldiers, many of whom probably joined the army so they could go to college. What a sad state of affairs
. Does anyone have any alternative explanations, or personal experiences as to why so many suicides?

WASHINGTON -

Ninety-nine U.S. soldiers killed themselves last year, the highest rate of suicide in the Army in 26 years, a new report says.

More than one out of four soldiers who committed suicide did so while serving in Iraq or Afghanistan, according to a report scheduled to be released Thursday. Iraq was the most common deployment location for U.S. soldiers who either attempted suicide or committed suicide.

Source:
www.forbes.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think that between being ordered to shoot/rape innocent civilians, that they also know that once the war is 'over', and they are back at home, they'll be discarded like all other war vets. It's a shame when those who are on the frontline get tossed aside once they're not needed.

If I was in their shoes, I'd kill myself too. What's the point?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The way the army is treating its soldiers I can see why some view it as an option.

join