It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And that's six OOBE's...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yep that's right... I've now had six OOBE's. The last two I had about three hours ago, around 6am atlantic time.

Last night I was reading on the subject and read a few tips in another forum. I decided to try them out, so lying there in bed I tried to do them, but with no succes. I left it at that and went to sleep, planning to do them when I would wake up at around five or six in the morning. (I always wake up briefly around that time for some reason). I woke up not long before six and started doing the techniques.
In about one or two minutes I felt myself floating out of my body, like two or three feet. I made instant plans to get out further. So the first was to go higher through the ceiling. No succes... I kept bouncing on the ceiling, so I tried the walls... No cigar either. I then decided to do the obvious and open the door.

I went snooping around the house for a few minutes, then decided to go outside. Now I don't remember if I opened the front door or if I went through it. Anyway, after that I floated up to about 12-15ft (3-4m) height about 40ft away from the house (12m). That's when I got the uncomfortable feeling in my back which prevented me from going further during OOBE number four. It feels like chills down my spine, and happens usually if I'm scared. (For some reason, since I was a child I've always had to have my back against something, whenever I was scared). I frantically tried not to go back to my body, trying to endure that feeling, hoping it would go away. Then I heard music coming from somewhere else in the neighbourhood, about a few hundred meters away. I wanted to go and investigate, but then the feeling became overwhelming and I went straight back to my body, back in the physical world. I lay there still in my body and just when I was to try the techniques again, up and away I floated. I don't remember that much though, except that I partially lost consciousness during the OOBE and it became a dream. But the dream played out in the vicinity of my house. I woke up after that dream, looked at the time and found out that both OOBE's plus dream had transpired in less than half an hour.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I could tell by your previous posts that you are serious about getting to know more about obes. Good work.

I think that's the frustrating thing about it. It works best in the wee hours of the morning. I lost count of just how many times I had to end a promising obe to get up for work.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
wow that is excellent! I wouldn't worry too much about that fear/pain, it's natural for your body/subconcious to be scared of the unknown. From what I was told, the scary feeling we get when we have an oobe is the maya (veil of reality) putting up a final battle to prevent us from seeing the "truth".

I personally see scary shadows lurking in the distance waiting for me (or so I think) then I get snapped back in to my body and I "wake" in a panic.

I was told that the best way to overcome it, is to imagine the "silver cord" that attaches our astral navel to our physical navel. This "silver cord" is kind like a safety cord/security blanket. It worked for me... to get me to move my astral body more than a few feet away from my physical body. My biggest fear had been that I wouldn't be able to return.

I push myself a litte further each time I successfully have an oobe, but it's very hard to control. If you don't mind me asking, what techniques do you use to achieve your oobe's?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I push myself a litte further each time I successfully have an oobe, but it's very hard to control. If you don't mind me asking, what techniques do you use to achieve your oobe's?

I agree, they are very hard to control indeed. But I think that's based on my beliefs on what I can do. I plan to work on my beliefs as soon as I get further and deeper with these OOBE's. I want to go Astral, but I've never reached that far as yet. I've read that beliefs are much easier while out of your body and/or in the or Astral.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
thanks dear, very interesting stuff

i totally relate to the eye movement issue. gonna go try to have an oobe now myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I've only had 4 myself (not counting just being out a little bit, I mean actually way out)....interesting insights...thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Jeff's description of the sleeping eyes is so on the mark. I never really thought about it before. There is no movement at all. Hehe.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
P.S. About the fear and the uncomfortable feeling:

Sometimes I get it even when I'm not afraid. I wasn't afraid in the fourth(*) and fifth OOBE's, but I still got it. I hate it when it happens though, because I know it's slowing me down in my exploring.

(*)The fourth one is very interesting. I got that one while I was living in the Netherlands. Further info is in RATS, I hope you guys have access.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My RATS topic. Gazrok knows about it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Btw... Please don't mention the details anywhere other than RATS...

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
congratulations and thanks for linking to the source of information!

great description and I hope you have many more experiences with OOBEs!

i can relate to the back-to-the-wall thing, too. Every time in bed, I used to hate to have it any other way... I wonder what that's about?

when I was a wee little kid I would have these weird visuals of me lying on my stomach with my back pointed to the ceiling, and these laser-like rays would project from my back and split into two as they would bounce from the walls. I would do this when I was too "a-scared" to sleep in my bed and in the middle of the bed with my mom and dad, and I think the rays were like a form of protection or something like that...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You bastard!! I have been trying for 35 years without success.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
okay i need serious help..

this morning after posting here, I tried to have an oobe. The room was completely dark, I have done my yoga, said my mantras (personal #) and tried to get myself in right state.

Well I heard the hum, felt the vibe (really strong this time) and I was up over my bed about 3 - 4 feet high.

Okay here's the problem. Every oobe I have ever had, I see myself over my body in my room. Well today I wasn't in my room. I don't know where my body was. I could see it lying there but the surroundings was not the same. I could see lights all around, evenly spaced, kinda like fairy lights hanging floor to cieling. I was lying down on something white and it was dark all around except for these evenly spaced lights.

Now normally, I see my room the same exact way it is in "reality". I would see me lying on my red floral comforter or on the carpet or where ever I laid down before the oobe happened.

and that was it... I was back in my body in my bed, in my regular dark room. What just happened there? I have never experienced this before, Has anyone else ever experience anything like this? Any thoughts would be helpful.

btw, I didn't feel or see those shadows I mentioned before.

oh yeah and I tried to do it again and I couldn't focus at all. gonna go for a run and try later when I return, hopefully someone can give me some insight on this.

[Edited on 1-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Maybe you were in the astral plane.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Maybe you were in the astral plane.

I don't know..it seemed too easy to get there if that was the astral plane.

I still haven't tried again yet..too much is on my mind..plus I'm hungry.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, sometimes you end up easily in the Astral plane. Or your subconscious was heavy at work. I've read about how it can fool you easily and try to get you to become unconscious (which I've experienced on the last OOBE this morning and another one a few years ago).

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am still a little confused about what happened.

Has anyone ever been to the astral plane? Or can you refer me to a good description as to what the astral plane should look like?

ty

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
could you see yourself from the side? you should have checked the music in the neighborhood right away, to make sure that you weren't dreaming

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm sure I wasn't dreaming, especially during that first one today. I was actually watching my sleeping parents for a few seconds while I was still in the house.

In one of the other OOBE's I saw myself sleeping.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The experience you describe is familiar to me. It means you are dying. More accurately, losing your soul.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join