It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would blade be better

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Last night i watched a great movie called blade, and whilst watching this movie it got me thinking, wouldnt our own police be better if they dreesed like balde and looked like him, i bet not as many assalts on police would happen, and the police would be better protected, in this day and age with the threat from....every thing, i think we need a section of the poolice force like blade, a section that we can all be proud of, a new national pride of one unit.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Vixion...good point, but unfortunatley we ARE NOT allowed to have National Pride in "anything " anymore.
IMO the police have their hands tied by red tape!
But it would make for good reading in the papers hahahah.

""Burglers helped by police to load stolen items in their getaway car""

"" OAP who complained about noisey neighbours..slayed by blade-cops""

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
well i dont really mean slaying criminals, but definently i license to kill, i think theres no thing better than a symbol of national pride, and how good would it be if your symbol was the poliuce forces elite unit, the one group that every one feels safe knowing that they are there. We need the Blade Unit.

Take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This ideas funny.
I reckon they should be called “Ghetto Gunners”

Originally posted by Vixion
well i dont really mean slaying criminals

Come on!!! This is supposed to boost national pride, uniforms won’t alone do that unless the person who wares it deserves them. How can anyone truly be proud of you’re police force if they don’t use all means necessary?

Bring Back the Stocks…
Tourists always love a good village fate where someone agrees to go in the Stocks in the name of a good cause. But why can’t it be authentic?
For the sake of Mother Earth it’s important nowadays that we recycle more fruit and veg. However motivating people to do it is proving to be a problem. But we so many low lying repeat offenders I'm sure people would be out in their droves to throw a tomato at a blindfolded vandal, dealer, or burglar.
Nobody is talking about violating human rights, it could be the only way of knocking a few thousand hours of their community service.

Police Camera, Shotgun: Whenever you watch police helicopters chase criminals on TV, hasn’t it even occurred to you what the police could do with a bit of weaponry? I’ve often thought some mounted machine guns (or at least a shotgun in the back) would help reduce the threat pursued criminals pose to innocent civilians.
It would make great TV (though admittedly a bit brief) although it would most certainly boost national pride (unless you’re Liberal Left in which case you protest outside the governments 1 kilometre exclusion zone).

Battle Paedophile….
Has anyone seen the Japanese movie called Battle Royal? Well instead of using school kids I think (being civilised) we should use murders and paedophiles. It could be done in warehouse and I think it would make a great replacement to Big Brother.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't know. This was tried before.
The SS/Gestapo had really sharp uniforms-all black and grey with skulls and such. And that was the intent of designing the uniforms, to instill a sense of intimidation and automatic respect.
I prefer the Cops in my neighborhood to look (and act) like Andy Griffith.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ghetto gunners ? i was thinking more Blade Runners, we need them really tall, built well, strong, clever, just a good all round unit. Then we need them to go out there and take no poop off no one, go out with 0 tolerence and if they get abuse or attacked, the affender soon stops.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think dressing your police officers up in a uniform from a movie will make them more of a national laughing stock than a source of national pride

I'm also not too keen on the secret police element. We're supposed to be a democracy, after all...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Fine then, nto the same but close, body armour, black and maybe a cape
be liek V from V for Vendetta
we need some thing liek this to make national pride again, i bet you wouldnt complain if secret police stopped some one blowing up your town or village.

Take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
OK, but for every person who is impressed by body armour and homo-erotic posing there will be a whole bunch who find the idea laughable.

There's more to effective policing that playing the hard man. The French CRS have tried it for years with no discernible benefit.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
the french sit round drinking wine, we would have sober police
and what you mean homo - erotic !?!?!? lol you can keep oprde by imtinidation lol

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

Which is all fine and dandy as long as you are happy to intimidated by your police force. Personally I would see it as a very retrograde step and would probably get soundly beaten up for giggling at the outfits. They may look sharp on the silver screen but my guess is they'd look pretty damned silly on the mean streets of Gillingham.

(flipping heck, I can't say s'n-word'ing without the auto censor kicking in...)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is the real point here that we need to ensure that our police have protective armour when they are on duty and not just bulky stab or bullet proof vests.

And I like the ideas Liberal, but fear that there will be a chorus of complains from social do gooders citing human rights.

And yes, when I watch police shows and see them chasing a car, I often wonder why they are not armed with rockets. so we kill a few criminals running from the police. Who is really going to complain?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
i bet you wouldnt complain if secret police stopped some one blowing up your town or village.

I would actually, for two reasons:

1) Being British, it is part of my national character to complain at things. Whether I grumble at the weather, politicians, religions, the price of bread... it's a national sport. Move over football!

2) One would hope that those who support a 'secret police' force would do a bit of research into what the Gestapo/KGB (or its predecessors)/Stasi did to people. It ain't pleasant, and they don't need warrants or courts or any of that justice nonsense.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Firstly police and for that matter politicians, and just about every public figure need to stop being concerned about appearing 'down wid da yoof' on everything and do their frikkin jobs.

No offence to any teenagers out there but why ARE we so keen to court their approval. When I was young I knew eff all about eff all as did 99% of all the other peer group.

It's embarrassing when some Tory or Labourite tries to hang wiv da posse for a photo shoot. Give me some curmudgeon any day who can't stand their music, their clothes or their attitude, it's far more real.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
didnt mean to post, can some oen delte this, thanks.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Vixion]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yeah well, sadly for some, the answer that solves everything is just adding more violence......as if that does not have knock on consequences itself.

Ah well.

Some fantasies are just too silly to take seriously.

If the British Police (repeatedly) say they do not wish to be routinely armed how much less appealing (especially to the men and women that actually have to do the job) would running around like a 2nd rate Judge Dread laughably obvious homo-erotic adolescent fantasy be?

You'll find that even in the most repressive Police states crime exists so this ever-harder-line nonsense (despite it's - perhaps for some - superficial appeal) is no answer.

Here in Northern Ireland we had (thankfully it is past-tense for the most part) 'paramilitary justice'.
This involved small gangs of 6 -8 large grown men beating errant young men (it almost always is idiot young men) with iron bars and baseball bats with long nails driven through them.
They would not stop until several bones were known to have been broken.
Sometimes as well as the beating they would shoot the youth, often through 1 or 2 knees and sometimes they did a 'crucifiction' where they shot the youth through knees, ankles, and elbows.

We still had crime and we still had repeat offenders.

Anyone who seriously day-dreams that brutality solves anything is seriously misguided and simply either ignorant of or in denial of the facts.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
(Although funny) I think this is a nice, original idea by Vixion. Providing it didn’t go into excess it would have some useful effects. E.g. I imagine less police would be attacked in the course of duty.
However the clothing need’s to be practical, and there are other times when you don’t want the police to look intimidating e.g. when they’re visiting the house of an old lady who’s been burgled, or even if they’re policing a village fate.

Two uniforms would send out the message they’re “not serious” whenever they put the un intimidating one on. So I reckon the current police uniform is pretty good, though (neither can one dismiss the idea that specific improvments might be made.

[I]Originally posted by Freedom ERP

when I watch police shows and see them chasing a car, I often wonder why they are not armed with rockets. so we kill a few criminals running from the police. Who is really going to complain?

Thanks for the support but I posted a better way on the Technology Forum ages ago; called: “Police Camera Electromagnetism” . Basically you use a police helicopter to lift the car so the monkey inside can put their foot on the accelerator as much as they like. The police either move the vehicle somewhere safe (like a courtyard, or the ocean!!!) (or if unarmed) they just walk up to it, and force the car door open (just not with iron or steel!!).

I certainly wouldn’t miss a few criminals either (bullets are cheaper than prison (or reform), and you know you’d always get a good conviction rate) (as either they were running from the police or not).
However there are some very sad reasons why people run the police. Often they possess mental health problems, sometimes its even deliberate-intended suicide.
Worse still; you have to worry about any passengers in the back. It wouldn’t look very good if the police shot up a vehicle and discovered he had, had 3 hostages (of even baby Chavs) (or a pet) inside.
Rockets threaten civilians, but with today’s technology we’ll both agree rifles should be used to target the tyres.
Sadly the only truly (justified) way of killing the driver is to actually wait to he’s in court (and it’s not just the liberal left who oppose that).

Originally posted by Stre2652

2) One would hope that those who support a 'secret police' force would do a bit of research into what the Gestapo/KGB (or its predecessors)/Stasi did to people. It ain't pleasant, and they don't need warrants or courts or any of that justice nonsense.

So you think that having a bigger secret police, = Gestapo/KGB Times Stasi?
Interesting theory but I’d like to see you’re logic.
I suppose there’s a “minute” danger England would start using its secret police force to oppress legitimate opposition, and torture people to death. If that’s you’re point then by all mean debate whether it’s small, very small, or extremely high!!!

However I remain convinced that as most low lying criminals work in tightly knit communities, the best way to find out who’s, who in your local towns employment fields of everything from peddling stolen goods, to selling heroin to prostates is to befriend their social networks.
Prisons would make brilliant recruitment grounds for Chavs looking to change their lives by seeking really useful employment.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
well that was a great great post, thanks for that, one of the onl;y posts ive actully enjoyed reading today. I liekt he comparasion between the baby chav and the Pet
I say save the pet, or try to reform the baby

Is it a good idea ?

Secret police are a good idea, if keep under close scrutiny by other organizations . e.g. MI6 or even just the police them selves keeping eyes on them.

Uniforms:

Our uniforms are out of hand now ,there just jokes some time, seeing a police man running across a field in his shiny shoes and pressed clothes with his big hat, we need more practical uniforms, and big black ones are a great idea. Link to picture below. I thinkt he normal police would go to old ladys homes, these secret police are the drug dealer hunters, the no nonsence police.

Uniform link, (minus sword and cape.)

ruthlessreviews.com...

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
So you think that having a bigger secret police, = Gestapo/KGB Times Stasi?
Interesting theory but I’d like to see you’re logic.

You've lost me with that... you'll have to explain that one in more detail since I don't understand what you're getting at.

Originally posted by Liberal1984
I suppose there’s a “minute” danger England would start using its secret police force to oppress legitimate opposition, and torture people to death. If that’s you’re point then by all mean debate whether it’s small, very small, or extremely high!!!

It's far from minute. The temptation to use such a police force for oppression would become greater and greater. Sometimes I despair at people's ignorance... go and do a bit of research about the activities and methods of secret police forces. Then come back here and tell us why you think they'd be a good idea again. You might as well go around spitting on cenotaphs and war memorials - after all, many people in the Second World War died to keep the Gestapo and its terrible methods off our shores.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I dont think the danger is as great as you think, no matter what you have there is always going to be a bad apple, i bet that there is atleast 1 bad group within the police, army, fire fighters and our own medics.

Any way wouldnt a group of secret police be very much like MI6 ? Both living in secrets, both protecting people that dont even know who they really are. So these 'Secret police' wouldnt be as secret as you think, you woudlnt know who they are, you wouldnt know where they are, but you would know what there doing, so there not really secret more as ..... protective.

Take Care, Vix

(Can i just say that i think i should get 1000 points just for not spelling one word wrong on this post, took me ages to right this
o and, can you make podcasts for PTS, and if so, where do you place them, i carnt see a podcast section here )

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Vixion]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join