It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Headed Towards Another Little Ice Age Event Around 2020?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is from 2006, but as far as i know noone has posted this news yet.

Most members are probably aware of the fact that Solar cycle 24, the next one which seems to have started already, has been predicted to be stronger than the last 4 solar cycles by as much as being 50% stronger, but what many members don't know is that NASA solar physicist David Hathaway is predicting that Solar Cycle 25, which should peak in 2020 is going to be the weakest cycle in centuries.

By now some of you should already know that the Little Ice Age happened during a time when Solar activity was very weak and there were only a few rare sunspots during this time.

Long Range Solar Forecast

Solar Cycle 25 peaking around 2022 could be one of the weakest in centuries.

May 10, 2006: The Sun's Great Conveyor Belt has slowed to a record-low crawl, according to research by NASA solar physicist David Hathaway. "It's off the bottom of the charts," he says. "This has important repercussions for future solar activity."

The Great Conveyor Belt is a massive circulating current of fire (hot plasma) within the Sun. It has two branches, north and south, each taking about 40 years to perform one complete circuit. Researchers believe the turning of the belt controls the sunspot cycle, and that's why the slowdown is important.

science.nasa.gov...

The Anthropogenic Global Warming crowd have claimed that by 2100 temperatures are going to be very high, from 3F to up to 7F according to some, yet if this research from NASA is true it seems that instead we could very well be having much cooler temperatures and possibly even be going through another LIA.

The above article does not state we could be heading to another LIA, but the fact is that during the LIA the sun's activity was very weak and there were only a few rare sunspots during that cold event.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes, this is connected with the theories of Theo Landscheidt:

www.mitosyfraudes.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It has been a cool summer here in NW NJ. Broke a record for a low temp. last week. Going to get cooler this weekend. Close to record lows. So we did have one or two days around 90 but then again it is summer. I find it not even close to global warming here.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So, what i want to find out is why the AGW crowd is still trying to claim temperatures are going to be a scorcher by 2100 when the evidence points to the fact that we will have much cooler temperatures around 2017-2029?...

Ther eis nothing we can do about Solar cycle 24, the current one, it is going to get a lot hotter until this cycle peaks in 2012 and probably a few more years, but then it will get a lot cooler.

I wonder why this has not been in the liberal, i mean mainstream media.

BTW, this in no way is a reason to pollute our rivers, lakes and oceans, or even the atmosphere, but this faked claim that CO2 is going to scorch Earth has to stop somewhere...too many people are making way too much money with the claim anthropogenic CO2 is going to make the Earth a scorcher...

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
So, what i want to find out is why the AGW crowd is still trying to claim temperatures are going to be a scorcher by 2100 when the evidence points to the fact that we will have much cooler temperatures around 2017-2029?...

Some of them ignore such cooling predictions altogether. Others believe there will be a slight cooling, followed by more rapid warming during the latter part of the century.

I wonder why this has not been in the liberal, i mean mainstream media.

The media work off press releases - and the more dramatic the release, or the more they can misquote and misinterpret the release to make a more dramatic story, the better.

Someone needs to publish a paper and issue a news release

new topics

top topics

join