It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 18th Countdown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
whatever it is.. i just know something major is going down within the next week... earth changes.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sager

Why would they use Mayan though? I mean, I realize that it has a lot of significance to the whole 2012 thing, but what would it mean to an ET? Why would they put that in a crop circle in England? If they wanted to alert humanity, why not use a language or numerical system that was more widely understood, especially to the area it's carved in?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Apparently the epidemic I mentioned earlier is at a hotel in the Dominican Republic, and 600 people have become infected with an undetirmend illness. I doubt that is the Aug.18 event either

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, apparently a tornado producing storm is heading in my direction, possibly within the next 20 min. Looks like I'm about to have my own personal Aug.18

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

yep, a tornado just formed. It's about 20 min. away from me. I'm heading for the basement

[edit on 17-8-2007 by XFoxMulderX]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiblinWhy would they use Mayan though? I mean, I realize that it has a lot of significance to the whole 2012 thing, but what would it mean to an ET? Why would they put that in a crop circle in England? If they wanted to alert humanity, why not use a language or numerical system that was more widely understood, especially to the area it's carved in?

The complete long count cycle is 26,000 years and accurately predicts every winter solstice, therefor the Maya must have understood the Earth's orbit around the sun. Perhaps this knowledge came FROM the ETs, so the Maya are using their calendar, not the other way round.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sager
i've been having this feeling that august holds some kind of change...hmm, we'll see.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by sager]

If you keep that mentality something is bound to happen. just keep saying that forever and you'll be correct.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
You think thats scary, then take a look at this:

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

The newest formation at Stanton-St. Bernard is the symbol for tone 'six' of the Mayan numerical system. Appeared on 12th August. 12+6=18...August 18th??

Add any Numbers Together and you'll get any other number. the crop circle was a symbol for 6th. and appeared on the 12th? what makes you think they were meant to be added together? Why could it not mean that in 6 years we're doomed, or that 6 people made it, or 6 is the aliens favorite number?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Im gonna be practicing driving tommorow lol. So I swear if anything happens im going to kick the proverbial # out of the ones or one responsible XD.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Maybe we will all perish in demonic hellfire tomorrow....that would be cool

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Fellas, fellas, how many dates have we gone through with major disappointment? I bet some of you already have another 'significant' date lined up for August when nothing occurs on the 18th, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Fellas, fellas, how many dates have we gone through with major disappointment? I bet some of you already have another 'significant' date lined up for August when nothing occurs on the 18th, right?

Well theres always September to look forward to

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
well, looks like today's the day. i'm not much of a news person, so do post here if something really happens. i hope nothing bad happens, but at least something significant... keeping my finger's crossed...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A pretty interesting read:

Thanks alot for posting this, much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
OK the crop circle brings to mind for me the the first hexagram of the I-Ching. It represents Yang or male force. I feel something in my bones and have been experiencing a shut down of energy all day in preparation of change to come. Here is the only link I looked at to show you the I-Ching diagram. I will have to get off for now as we are coming into some bad weather right now. Later...www.uponreflection.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If Mars was close enough to look like a double moon we would all be SOL.

Good call with the supporting evidence for the 18th, ATSGUY. I am always skeptical about these kinds of things but I am definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled tomorrow.

Cross your fingers.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Whos to say the people that run the website don't make the circles, they always go and investigate them in person and have the pictures up very soon after they are made......

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not long untill the 18th, nothing happening here yet.It started raining just now, i hope its not acid rain or something lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tibris
Add any Numbers Together and you'll get any other number. the crop circle was a symbol for 6th. and appeared on the 12th? what makes you think they were meant to be added together? Why could it not mean that in 6 years we're doomed, or that 6 people made it, or 6 is the aliens favorite number?

It's not my conclusion, it's what is written on the website if you bother to scroll down the page. Anyway, it's complete rubbish if you ask me, the 18th will come and go just like any other day.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Crop Circles = made by man-made satellites.

Alien UFO's would not travel light years here just to leave some art on our crops. Seriously, if they wanted to tell us something important, or give us hints, it would be much better if they took control of our TV's and transmitted a message through them. But on CROPS?! Seriously, the aliens must not be intelligent if they actually think their message would get displayed to important people on Earth via crop images. If they got such cool tech, why don't they do something better than crop images?

All I gotta say, don't get your hopes up. Aliens exist, but they are not going to show themselves in a way that human's like us would "expect", like crop circles, and low flying crafts.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join