It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 18th Countdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here are just a few links to things worth monitoring over the next few days.

NASA TV feed, Endeavour STS-118 Mission: www.smeter.net...

Current images of the Sun: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Current earthquakes: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Current images of the Moon (weather permitting): www.lunarobservers.com...

Current hurricanes & tropical storms: www.solar.ifa.hawaii.edu...

News results for the Stock Market: news.google.com.au...

Notable August 2007 crop circles: www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
As the peaks shrink and tighten, they actually have the same impact on society - possibly moreso. The space between events also shrinks and makes them more noticeable.

Picture the graph as a fractal design stretched out in a linear fashion. As you zoom in you pretty much see the same thing, but enlarged. It appears smaller because you have to 'zoom out' so to speak to get the full picture. Evidently human history has to play itself out again & again in that small space of the graph, and its smallness represents the spool winding tighter & tighter.

If that is the case than I do not understand why it starts in 1942 for the War should have been a repeat of some other war. This view also doesn't seem to have a true beginning for the old what came first th chicken or the egg of human events seem to play out here. Also do the good events playout just like the bad events? We seem to always focus on the bad events of history.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A huge earthquake on Aug. 18

Yeah why not, i dont care

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Aww I thought it was tomorow?! How come these things always get pushed back..? OH yea because..nothings going to happen?
Well I mean..somewhere in the world..SOMETHING is happening..so I guess whoever started this little gem of a hoax will just pick the event and attribute it to that right? I'll wait

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
sure, there are hurricanes ine gulf of mexico. let's just say it's that. these aren't the droids you're looking for.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So? Anyone up for a small bet? £1 to nothing happening tomorrow!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renshin
O.O

Theres a full eclipse of the moon in western canada on the 18th!!!!!!!

The eclipse is on the 28th, not the 18th.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
If that is the case than I do not understand why it starts in 1942 for the War should have been a repeat of some other war. This view also doesn't seem to have a true beginning for the old what came first th chicken or the egg of human events seem to play out here. Also do the good events playout just like the bad events? We seem to always focus on the bad events of history.

That graph I posted was a recent segment, a short section representing a portion of our history. It stretches from even before known human history. We can't really use the graph to map many events before humans arrived, but the timewave existed then too.

Represents 7 billion years ago to 2012:

Represents 7 million years ago to 2012:

Jump to 400A.D. to 2012:

And then 1942 to 2012:

The guy who marked the events on the last image placed some personal items in there that had to do with his family events, hence the FDS & BHS references - those are the initials of his parents.

Anyway the top graph is looking at the timewave in nearly its entirety - it's really zoomed out. Each following graph zooms in a bit more to the timeline finally closing in to recent events.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by linuxman2k3

I'll take that bet. I can almost guarantee that something will happen. Unless time comes to a complete standstill. Perhaps you need to define your terms a little better? And if you are strictly limiting the bet to apocalyptic events, that's not really much of a bet, is it? If I win then how do I collect?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm going to ask a stupid question, Evasius -- but what on Earth do the crests and troughs represent? They don't make sense to me. At first I thought it might be a reference to the "sad times" and the "happy times", but that doesn't fit. Nor does it fit that it would be mapping overall consciousness or whatever that stuff is called. The European plague is a high crest, but World War II is a trough, blah blah blah. Unless black death makes you happy... And why does some guy's personal life show up as more, er, visually significant than the fall of the Berlin Wall? And again, Reagan's presidency creates a deeper trough than the one caused by the "Fission bomb delivered" one -- which looks to be about the spot where Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed. Please help me make sense of what this is supposed to be.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Was this whole thread a set up just so I could look up the LASCO C3 image of the sun taken on August 17th and see a huge artifact in the actual image from the website...wow, you guys are good...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siblin
I'm going to ask a stupid question, Evasius -- but what on Earth do the crests and troughs represent? They don't make sense to me. At first I thought it might be a reference to the "sad times" and the "happy times", but that doesn't fit.

The timewave represents fluctuations in HABIT and NOVELTY, change and stasis. There is no moral dimension to it. Wars generally involve many novel aspects, whereas the fourteenth century was one big yawn when very little changed. Anywhere. On December 21st 2012 tyhere is an exponential ingression into the plenum of being, to paraphrase Terrence McKenna, when everything is novel. Exactly what that entails is anybody's guess.

Ironically, the timewave was distilled (Math checked by Alfred North Whitehead, amongst others) from the King Wen sequence of the I Ching, and the poster just above is called hexagram50. Ting, the Cauldron.

In the Richard Wilhelm tranlation we have:

Judgement:
The Cauldron. Supreme good fortune.
Success.

The Image:
Fire over wood: The image of the cauldron.
Thus the superior man (sage) consolidates his fate by making his position correct.

May your Ting have rings of jade, one and all. This is a very potent hexagram with regards to taichi and meditation. I will try a reading for tomorrow and see what the oracle says. I'll let you all know.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm sure nothing will happen, but those sure are some neat crop circles.

By the way, an interesting side note: according to the Mayan Tzolk'in calendar (260 day calendar - Sun/Venus end their 260 day cycle on August 18th), the number six, or day six, represents a time of death, struggle, imbalance and testing.

What fun times we live in!

[edit on 17-8-2007 by ModernDystopia]

[edit on 17-8-2007 by ModernDystopia]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I live an hour away from those circles , I might go and sit in one and smoke a doob this weekend, see If I can feel some vibes.....If anyone wants to come its $300 dollars for me to talk you through the ways of the doob.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

Originally posted by linuxman2k3

I'll take that bet. I can almost guarantee that something will happen. Unless time comes to a complete standstill. Perhaps you need to define your terms a little better? And if you are strictly limiting the bet to apocalyptic events, that's not really much of a bet, is it? If I win then how do I collect?

Yay, at last someone with conviction to his beliefs. Well, as far as I know many believe something, not entirely apocalyptic, will happen. What do we really expect to happen? If there is something like an earthquake, a president assassination, a war (not a WW) or an event that has a great impact and that can be considered as relevant to the topic happens then you win. I think the important term and condition is exactly that: an even relevant to the topic. Payment will be through paypal. You've got my word. £1 doesn't hurt and it's always fun to bet
Do we have a deal (bet) then?

Cheerio

[edit on 17-8-2007 by linuxman2k3]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hmmmm. I have the reading. One hexagram, no changing lines.

18. Ku / Work On What Has Been Spoiled [Decay].

The Judgement:

WORK ON WHAT HAS BEEN SPOILED
Has supreme success.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
Before the starting point, three days.
After the starting point, three days.

The Image:
The wind blows low on the mountain:
The image of DECAY.
Thus the superior man stirs up the people
And strengthens their spirit.

(from the Richard Wilhelm translation of the I Ching)

Revolution, anyone? The above is the general situation for tomorrow (18th). If anybody would like to suggest more specific questions, I'll be happy to put them.

£1 via paypal, to be judged on Sunday. If we're still around.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Karilla]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
ANything could happen tommorow out of pure coincidence but if its 'world changing' then the prophecies might have some weight. Im gonna sit back and enjoy a day off personally , Im sure plenty of people will be jumping on the smallest of events and claiming some kind of destiny crap is playing out.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Hmmmm. I have the reading. One hexagram, no changing lines.

18. Ku / Work On What Has Been Spoiled [Decay].

The Judgement:

WORK ON WHAT HAS BEEN SPOILED
Has supreme success.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
Before the starting point, three days.
After the starting point, three days.

The Image:
The wind blows low on the mountain:
The image of DECAY.
Thus the superior man stirs up the people
And strengthens their spirit.

(from the Richard Wilhelm translation of the I Ching)

Revolution, anyone? The above is the general situation for tomorrow (18th). If anybody would like to suggest more specific questions, I'll be happy to put them.

£1 via paypal, to be judged on Sunday. If we're still around.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Karilla]

Deal! £1 on Sunday if we're still around.
See you then

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was just reading through this topic when some breaking news flashed up on sky news.

"Hurricane Dean to turn in to a major hurricane within the next 24 hours"

Hurricane Dean, which is bearing down on the Carribbean, is forecast to become a "major hurricane" within the next 24 hours, the US National Hurricane Center has said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

From here

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Originally posted by wrangell76
By the way, when does the space shuttle come back? Anyone know?

I have a gut feeling that Endeavor isn't coming back.
NASA Decides Against Repairs

[edit on 8/16/2007 by damajikninja]

Anyone remember that prediction by Ed Dames (on CTC) about how if the Discovery shuttle crashed upon re-entry (it was,like 3 missions ago) that it would begin some great catastrophic event (like his kill shot thingy with the solar flares)?
What if he got the shuttle date wrong?
If someone else has already posted this, I'm sorry, but I had to get it down before class and haven't read past the first page yet.

[edit Oops, just read page two, sorry]

[edit on 17-8-2007 by angst18]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join