It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STRATFOR is telling me to be ready!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
After reading here about the website stratfor.com, I signed up to receive free emails from them regarding various intelligence topics.

Today I got a terrorism intelligence report stressing the need for citizens to device a personal contingency plan.

Here is a quote from the email:

U.S. counterterrorism sources remain concerned that an attack against the U.S. homeland will occur within the next two to three weeks. This is not surprising, considering that the drums have been beating loudly in Washington this summer about a potential attack -- first from Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and then in the form of a National Intelligence Estimate. More recently, several other reports have appeared concerning an impending attack, including an alert over the weekend in New York triggered by an alleged dirty bomb plot.

Given the current threat environment, this is an opportune time to examine again ways to avoid -- or at least mitigate -- the impact of that chaos and panic. The set of tools designed to do that is called personal contingency planning.

You can access the full article by signing up on their website, stratfor.com, and then clicking on the link on the main page.

I am interested in hearing from other ATSers about how serious this is. Should we be getting worried about something coming? There have been a lot of predictions of late here on ATS about something happening soon and I was beginning to get pretty bored with all of them. Now I get this from what I feel is a reputable source to be ready for anything and it does have me mildly concerned.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
thats interesting.
If you hear nothing on the news, id be worried.
worried enough to start making a contingency plan, and packing a bag to leave in the boot just incase.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
best thing i hear alot on other post is become ready for what ever may come

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the Site has some good stuff on it, But if you look at the membership prices, and then read your email that is free, You tend to see a trend or at least a motive, They are scaring you into buying their services,

Fearmongering in the name of money, plain and simple

I emailed them, addressing their lack of tact, as well as the surely unfair notion that the poor do not matter and the rich ( or Finnanicaly Able ) are the only ones who get to benefit from their infomation.

49 bucks for a briefing, and 300 and something for a membership, and im sure once you get a membership the info will be of that you can find online with a lil snooping skill.

Yes we all know somethings are about to go down, its truely sad when others try to make money off that.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Although it is most eminent 'something' is bound to happen at some future date, becoming overly paranoid will serve only to make you buy into the energy of fear. Fear gives you no alternate of clear thought or subjective reasoning. Be prepared as best you can to sustain your lively hood on an individual basis this way you can avoid relying on others and the Government to bail you out in the event of any disruption in goods and services. The most important thing to remember is to have a plan for you and your immediate family, talk to your children's schools and know before hand where you are to go to pick them up. Have a good source for information before hand such as a hand cranked generator radio. These measures put in place will give you the prepared confidence in the face of any disaster. There is a wonderful section here on ATS called the survival forum where you can pick up many more suggestions. Thank you for the intel.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined

Fearmongering in the name of money, plain and simple

I emailed them, addressing their lack of tact, as well as the surely unfair notion that the poor do not matter and the rich ( or Finnanicaly Able ) are the only ones who get to benefit from their infomation.

49 bucks for a briefing, and 300 and something for a membership, and im sure once you get a membership the info will be of that you can find online with a lil snooping skill.

Yes we all know somethings are about to go down, its truely sad when others try to make money off that.

The truly sad part is that most of those who are trying to make money are the ones who don't believe anything is actually going to happen. Why make money when there will be nothing to spend it on?

I had a friend a few years ago who tried to sell camping equipment. This guy had never been out of the city in his life. He said it wasn't natural to sleep in the woods and we were not built for it. he did not believe in the use fullness of his own product he was just trying to make money. needless to say he didn't last as a camping equipment seller. Same difference here.

top topics

join