It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage Is Being Attacked!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good Liberal? ROTFLMAO.

You may have misconstrued my post. I am of a concervative bent in many things...I just don't like the way Savage says what he says. He is needlessly offensive...

He does however have the right to say what he says, that I'll defend forever. Does that clear up our misunderstanding? Hope so...I'm on your side.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Sorry if you felt I was calling you out, it was to an anonymas reader, they don't know who they are, this can't be down played though, but it is. Everytime something like this happens, the little things the lawsuit/goverment laws that happen, our freedoms are under attack.

Could these battles in the courts be the first in the American civil war, one not fought with guns and bombs, but in the courts, with books, rules, laws, specail jury/judges.

If one were to come back in time knowing the future, and leyed on the events, these acts were our nation is under attack, Patriot act,The Amisty Bill Horror, Sancuary cities, Political-wackos, crazy-economy, it is all set, everything is ready, it all just needs one spark, and boom. Think of what is happening in this country, our teachers can't get jobs unless they speak spanish.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Oops, my bad...I keep forgetting about the anonymous posts...I should start paying more attention to them...

Oh, well...I'm still on your side.

The sanctuary city program is one that really gets my goat. It's in blatant violation of federal laws in many cases. At least in my somewhat pedestrian understanding of federal law. Were I the feds, I would immediately suspend all monies earmarked for city programs until such time as those particular cities comply with federal guidelines...rough justice to be sure, but neccessary to my mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yea sanctuary cities are one of the hardest things to understand. Basicly a city says they no longer feel like living under the rule of the UNited States. it is realy bad for the citizens of those cities too, because they have been more of less invaded by these people and the city goverment surrrendered. Good citizens can't do anyting, they can't sell thier house and move becuase no one wants to move into a Sanc. City, also the proterty value plumets, i am not in favor of pulling all funding to these SAnc. Cities, but i don't think thwy should be provided with federal funding.

For insnatce, lets say city A is near the coast and Hurricance Dean hits it, and the city is nearly destroyed, if it was a sancuary city i don't think we should move in and give them care, they have demonstreated that they feel they no longer neeed the services of the US, and let them get help from the illgals and mexico.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
POOR BABY!!!

Micheal Savage is a hate filled and bigoted jerk; a male version of Ann Coulter and I have no sympathy for him.

apc

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sympathy? No.

Empathy? I sure hope so.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Sympathy? No.

Empathy? I sure hope so.

Only as a fellow human being.

The likes of him, Coulter and others have done serious damage to our ability to have a decent ongoing political dialog in this country with their hate spewing rhetoric and I have no respect for any of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

The likes of him, Coulter and others have done serious damage to our ability to have a decent ongoing political dialog in this country with their hate spewing rhetoric and I have no respect for any of them.

What "hate" has he spewed that has been incorrect?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out
-M. Niemoller.

Yeah. Savage is just a jerk. Better they shut him up. SILENCE HIM!
Yes, officer?
Why...what..ME? Well, i just said that I thought that...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

What more need be said? Start with Mr. Savage, and next is?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah... so really besides Savage himself is there any proof of his claims? Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yeah... so really besides Savage himself is there any proof of his claims? Somehow I doubt it.

Uh, how about the actual resolution proposed in SF?

The City and County of San Francisco values the dignity of all its residents, regardless of immigration status, and makes every affirmative effort to ensure that all San Franciscans live in safety, free from discrimination.

RESOLUTION CONDEMNING DEFAMATORY LANGUAGE USED BY RADIO PERSONALITY MICHAEL SAVAGE AGAINST THE IMMIGRANT COMMUNITY.

Rest of the resolution

apc

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

...hate spewing rhetoric and I have no respect for any of them.

You missed the point. You spew just as much hateful rhetoric for the Bush administration as Savage does for illegal immigrants, if not more. Should we put a muzzle on you?

Regardless of what you think of it, you of all people grover should be defending his right to share his opinion.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would have thought that as much as Savage hates Rush, you Grover and Savage would be best buddies....

Other than you Grover, Savage is the only other person I know that calls Rush names....

Darn Grover, aren't you with anyone that is not into controlling other people for their own means?

Sheesh

Semper

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

The City and County of San Francisco values the dignity of all its residents, regardless of immigration status, and makes every affirmative effort to ensure that all San Franciscans live in safety, free from discrimination.

RESOLUTION CONDEMNING DEFAMATORY LANGUAGE USED BY RADIO PERSONALITY MICHAEL SAVAGE AGAINST THE IMMIGRANT COMMUNITY.

Rest of the resolution

If you will note the capitalized section there is absolutely nothing in it about silencing him... it is talking about condemning the defamatory language that he uses. Those two, silencing and condemning are not the same thing, nor is it implied here that they are.

So that being said what's the issue again? There is nothing there about shutting him up... and BTW nor am I advocating it either.

If you read the quotes from him in the original post, it sounds more like he is just trying to drum up controversy. Per usual his rhetoric is not only over the top it is structurally illogical... Illegal aliens whom are predominately Latin American and Catholic are not by any stretch of the imagination the same as Islamic terrorists.

He's just a self important douche bag farting in the wind. What amazes me is some people take him seriously... like he actually has something worth while to say.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by grover]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
First you libs want to silence Rush and Hannity and all the other Conservative voices....(So called Fairness Doc)

Now you want to regulate what Savage says....

There have been other more prominent libs throughout history that have done the same thing...

Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot

Just to name a few....

Semper

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot were anything but liberal semper use your brains. Hell you would be too liberal for them.

Disapproving the language that someone uses is not pulling the plug on them and no where is that resolution does it even hint at silencing him.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Doesn't this radio commentator regret his decision to vote for George Bush both times? Who could stand to listen to him now after having him voice his voter's remorse which he also urged his listeners to vote accordingly?

If you're a political commentator, you don't renege on your voting record. You lose any credibility you may have had previously.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Doesn't this radio commentator regret his decision to vote for George Bush both times? Who could stand to listen to him now after having him voice his voter's remorse which he also urged his listeners to vote accordingly?

If you're a political commentator, you don't renege on your voting record. You lose any credibility you may have had previously.

Yea because sticking with a wrong decision is always the best course of action right?

If you do not realize and accept your mistakes, you can never learn from them.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Play nice everyone. We don't want to get this thread derailed now do we?
This is about a man's right to speak his mind and San Francisco doesn't like it right? What is the real reason for all this? Is it all about saving face?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join