It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget about Christ Angel, what about Derren Brown!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This discussion is a dead ringer for the angel one. But, it is interesting to see people accept that they have an idea how to do something they, nor anyone can explain, or duplicate.
It is my practice to admit I don't know.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane Void
The BIG differemce between Derren and Criss is that Derren is not a magician. Derren does not claim to have any "powers", all his tricks are psychological. He is actually very skeptical of anything paranormal.

Neither Brown, Angel, or Blaine claim to have "powers." It does not behoove them to admit that they have Gifts.

Why put oneself in a position of being scrutinized?

Better to just make a lot of money by being outstanding mentalists, illusionists, mystifiers, etc.

Which is what they do.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
How frustrating it must be to have 'Gifts' which consist of mundane things, such as materializing coins, doing card tricks and making houseflies revive. The gods must be crazy.

In fact how remarkable that these 'gifts' correspond to the exact same things that stage magicians have been doing for decades.

It must be very frustrating for them to be relegated to wandering the streets and using these 'gifts' to impress the common folk, instead of using them to benefit mankind.

I mean how trite to use your powers of materializing on coins when they could be painlessly removing kidney stones or operating on inoperable brain tumors.

But, I suppose it's part of the gift, to only be able to use it for silly things, like floating around hanging from wires.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Some people are oriented toward community service and some are oriented toward personal aggrandizement; I see no problem with making a living, and a very lucrative one, from one's Gifts. Why should Criss try to be a healer when he perhaps does not have that Gift? Only some people are gifted with healing abilities, others are gifted with the abiolity to persuade others to open up their minds and spirits to new possibilities.

I cannot fault anyone for using their talents for profit; should Criss and others wear sackcloth and be poor and wander the earth trying to get people to sit still and see if they can be healed? People have to want to accept healing from someone gifted that way; skeptics would not receive anything from the encounter and would naysay others until the healer was discouraged. Most healers are in remote areas where they can practice freelyu because there are few traditional doctors and people are needy.

A person who can levitate has few uses in a modern world other than entertaining and opening up the mind to new paradigms; that is enough .

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

A person who can levitate has few uses in a modern world other than entertaining and opening up the mind to new paradigms; that is enough

Well Cat burglary comes to mind.

What about enlisting with NASA to help with spaceflight. Or is levitation limited to a certain distance from the ground, or a certain weight? If not, perhaps he could be helping with things like moving the St Louis Arch?

As far as doing healing, don't you think that if people believed he really could materialize things they'd be flocking to him to help replace pacemakers and the like?

The point is, there are better uses for these 'Gifts' than just playing around doing magic show, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
How frustrating it must be to have 'Gifts' which consist of mundane things, such as materializing coins, doing card tricks and making houseflies revive. The gods must be crazy.

There are no gods...yet.

In fact how remarkable that these 'gifts' correspond to the exact same things that stage magicians have been doing for decades.

For some of the less complicated sleight-of-hand tricks and misdirections, that is true. But not so for the more sophisticated feats. You didn't see Harry Blackstone Jr. (before he died) or David Copperfield flying around golf courses, levitating pedestrians in parks and above city sidewalks, or teleporting themselves about in sports cars and motorcycles

One has to carefully examine each and every "trick" to discriminate between the illusions and the actual telekinetic or Chi manifestations. Much of the ability to do this stems from experience.

It must be very frustrating for them to be relegated to wandering the streets and using these 'gifts' to impress the common folk, instead of using them to benefit mankind.

That is not their motivation. They are not using their Gifts for altruistic reasons. They are simply using them to get and stay wealthy, popular, etc. The motivation here is largely personal gain, not service to God/The Light and spirituality. As such, their Gifts have made them financially successful and they do not suffer from the frustration of not using them for noble purposes.

I mean how trite to use your powers of materializing on coins when they could be painlessly removing kidney stones or operating on inoperable brain tumors.

Yes...how trite indeed

A Gift of Chi-Telekinesis also entails a Gift of Healing. David Blaine said that he was once asked to heal someone's pet. So yes...if they and their "angels" desire it, they can also do an occasional healing. Keep in mind that their Chi is limited to the energy level of their discarnate community or Group Entity - the latter of which also has its own agenda.

By all estimates, it looks like Criss Angel and his angels are preparing the public for more than just being an unparalleled mystifier.

We shall see.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well, Paul, if you believe CA is Jesus, why are you still on ATS posting and not following him around like your namesake?

BTW, I figured out how he does the quarter under the skin trick.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Well, Paul, if you believe CA is Jesus, why are you still on ATS posting and not following him around like your namesake?

Where do I state my belief that Criss Angel is Jesus?

I simply alluded through the video link to others having that belief.

BTW, I figured out how he does the quarter under the skin trick.

So have we.

Now tell us how he does his high levitations.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I know exactly how he does the high levitations.

Have you ever seen one in person?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I know exactly how he does the high levitations.

Okay then...

How does he do it?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
PR, this guy is not going to tell you how it is done because he does not KNOW how it is done. All he will do is state that he knows, but if nailed down he will just regurgitate the same old tired nonsense we have been hearing all along, nothing new, nothing original, just more silliness and bold statements backed up by nothing.

The coin under the skin was NOT a hoax or illusion, it was as seen. The high levitations are NOT done with props and is not an illusion. So all that the deniers can say is " I know how he did it " and leave it there!! Amazing nerve but no substance. I guarantee you that this guy has NO idea other than the foolish old film editing and props that cannot be seen..blah, blah,..same old stuff with a new name in front of it.

Is'nt it funny how the new names pop up here and jump in only to be shown as empty right away? Not one of them has had an original idea yet; you are right that Criss is no doubt getting ready for some really heavy stuff, and it will be interesting to see how specious and silly the deniers will get with new events.

But you called this guys bluff and I am waiting for his answer: Since you stated that you KNOW how the high levitations and performed and you KNOW how the coin under the skin event was done, by all means tell us!! We are waiting for an intelligent and likley answer that does not contain the old and disproven nonsense like props, invisible sky hooks and helicopters, paid off witnesses, etc.

Lets hear the real deal from someone who KNOWS what is up!! Bluff called.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
He uses a combination of methods to perform the high levitations. At least two of his methods were used by David Blaine.

I made a list of the methods, but I won't post them immediately, because you are no doubt aware that youtube is replete with expositions of those methods.

Let me ask you this. Would a guy who could really levitate need to resort to silly 'tricks' like this?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Sorry man, but I'm not going to reply to anyone who is already dissing my commentary.

Let me just say that for the Luxor levitation required that the light on top of the pyramid be turned on.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Criss Angel does illusions. He also uses a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis for his more impressive feats, like his high levitations and teleportations.

It behooves Criss Angel and David Blaine to provide explanations of their less impressive feats. These are seasoned illusionists and they are well versed in the art of misdirection. They intentionally mislead people into thinking that because they explain some of their less impressive feats then that must also indicate that their more impressive feats are also illusions. Criss Angel has said - which skeptics ignore - that a lot of what he does is real.

Not all of us are fooled into making any assumptions.

Criss Angel, Derren Brown, and David Blaine will not publicly admit to having a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis so they can avoid scrutiny from skeptics and so they can cash-in on their unique acts

Derren Brown likes to fall back on his "its all in the mind" explanation. Another clever ploy. Having been a certified Hypnotherapist, I know what it takes to induce a hypnotic state and I know what can and cannot be accomplished in that capacity.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There are four discrete methods that Criss Angel uses to accomplish his high levitation tricks.

You'll note that he never does any of them unless he is fully clothed with loose clothing.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You'll note that he never does any of them unless he is fully clothed with loose clothing.

The assumption you make about Criss Angel only being able to levitate while fully clothed is incorrect.

Note what you see at 8:36 - 8:40:

Criss Angel Mindfreak Clip That Includes Him Doing A Topless Levitation

Perhaps you need to do more research on this.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
The assumption you make about Criss Angel only being able to levitate while fully clothed is incorrect.

Note what you see at 8:36 - 8:40:

Perhaps you need to do more research on this.

You see how they blur the high levitation with a controlled descent from all of 3 1/2 feet shot at a forgiving angle and weird speed to prove that he doesn't need the harness. For them, it is all the proof they need.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sorry, but it's not worth any more of my time to look into this.

The guy is a talented video illusionist, which means he uses digital compositing as one of his major methods.

I looked at the clip and it shows him oscillating at exactly the rate he'd swing if the wire was hooked up to a crane above him at about 80 feet up.

If you feel the need to be deceived by stage magic, then that's your prerogative.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Sorry, but it's not worth any more of my time to look into this.

The guy is a talented video illusionist, which means he uses digital compositing as one of his major methods.

I looked at the clip and it shows him oscillating at exactly the rate he'd swing if the wire was hooked up to a crane above him at about 80 feet up.

If you feel the need to be deceived by stage magic, then that's your prerogative.

I see that you have fallen off that slippery slope of bias and once again have no cogent argument or evidence to validate your claims. Every argument that you have furthered has been cut to pieces and now you are just going to ignore more evidence that counters your stance that Criss Angel uses wires in his high levitations.

He does not

Sorry, it is not worth my time and energy to discuss this matter further with you.

Welcome to the ignore list of Paul_Richard.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well since you have me on ignore, LOL, here's how he does the levitation:

1. Digital composites - building to building
2. Fake crowd response - all
3. Wires strung from 140 feet above him - building to building trick.
4. A Plexiglas post with safety harness - Luxor

If you look at the building to building trick you'll see that in nearly every shot the sun exposure changes. This is evidence of digital compositing.

The coin under the skin uses fake latex skin.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join