It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know you can find out what car anybody owns by simply going to Progressive.com?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't know if this belongs here but here it goes:

Did you know you can find out what car anybody owns by simply going to Progressive.com, then in the 'get a quote' section enter the zip code of your target, then click 'get a quote' , then on the next page enter the name and address of your target. after submitting the form, you will be presented with a list of cars that person owns. The records are pulled from the DMV.

www.progressive.com...

some feedback from anoother site:

This even works from Europe! I was able to get the car listed of a friend of mine living in Venice, CA. WTF?

this is not tue, it lists one of my vehicles, which i have insured but NOT REGISTERED with the DMV in my state. they must be getting the information elsewhere, OR, my insurer has provided that information to the DMV in my state.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Can't get it to work for UK. (Mods - this IS a one line post
)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I could get it to work for my aunt (I plugged her information in) and all her vehicles came up, but when I entered my own information, it wouldn't come up.

I did ask her (she lives in NY, I'm in PA) and she does have progressive insurance, but I don't.

I wonder if there is a glitch in my information, or something. Maybe they only provide the information for people that have Progressive. I do have 6 cars in my name, but not one came up under my new or previous address.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Checked a relative who doesn't have Progressive and all four vehicles showed up.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is interesting. However it doesn't tell me as much as some local county records that are now on the internet and updated for everyone to look at. The local records will even tell you what the dollar amount of tax is due on every vehicle you own along with any other property you pay tax on. Plus it has a combination satellite map that lets you zoom in right over their house or business showing the tax value of the property. Now letting everyone see that so easily is alarming to some.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is great!!!!! I just found out information I need on someone that I will be going against in court...Thanks for posting this...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It seems these data are all from public records, so I guess there's nothing illegal about it; still, it seems like they're making it a bit too easy.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Nothing came up for me. After I clicked the submit button, it asked me to enter my vehicle information.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I had the same experience as Kronos, upon inputting a name and address it asked me to give my vehicle information... Could certain states' privacy laws have anything to do with it I wonder? In any case, it doesn't work for everyone.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am curious about the difference in states privacy laws. I'm wondering if that's why the information is not made so easily available or if some states are simply refusing to make public records so easily available for anyone on the internet to look at.

Where I live at in South Carolina, I told someone I work with that there is a satellite photo of his house, a picture of his property and a list of all the property he owns and pays taxes on along with the amount of the tax bill and when it is due. He was surprised and told me "don't tell anyone".

You used to have to go down to the courthouse or wherever they keep public records and find that information. Now, just search on google and a web site link pops up for my county. I can even see the trees I planted in my back yard on the internet. The free satellite/photo information is a couple of years old though. I know you can find out a lot more information if you're willing to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
crazy thing. i found my car. and my friend. amazing

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
doesn't work in Massachusetts

or mabey thats a good thing

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I decided to check on a few relatives to see if this worked.

It did. For all 3 I tried.

The only negative I got was for a friend who lives in Mass. but that seems to be (according to the site) because they don't have coverage there.

Considering how many people flip out about Google returning reverse phone directory lookups, I wonder how they'd react to the fact that anyone with your address can find out what cars you own.

Very, very interesting...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
thats kinda messed up
what ever happened to

Privacy

I checked a few people and went out for a smoke
and a lot of thoughts pumped into my head
this would be an easy hit for theft.
give me a phone book and well were all adults here
you get the picture.

I think It shouldn't be done. That much info I know can be used
for many things.

I know if I ever get a phone call from progressive I'll hang up with
out saying a word , so the others on he other end CAN'T confirm if
my car i my car and to look for it in the driveway or what not.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
if you look up your county assessment records you can get blueprints and tax info and all from anyone in the county, including mortgage info and court case info and all. Check This Out

Just type in some common last name like Smith or somethin and click on one, it'll show you everything, pretty nifty, and kinda scary. I mean anyone can see the blueprints for a person's house, and all that stuff.

Oh and another thing, EVERYONE in the county is included, like when we were in my security class my professor was showin us pics and info on his house, and we looked up some of the Pittsburgh Steelers that live nearby in their county (not the one i posted).

[edit on 8/21/2007 by PennKen2009]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
if you look up your county assessment records you can get blueprints and tax info and all from anyone in the county, including mortgage info and court case info and all. Check This Out

[edit on 8/21/2007 by PennKen2009]

I looked up my last name without looking at what county/state it was and I found my (now dead) grandpas ranch. It even listed my uncles PO box in Indiana under tax bill mailing. pretty crazy!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well thats pretty friggin crazy. i hate all this info being out there.

thats why it's all in my wifes name

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yeah county info like that is all public info. you can get blueprints and all kindsa crap

you can get like mortgage and land values, info on taxes paid and all, its crazy

[edit on 8/31/2007 by PennKen2009]

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: a1ex

Tried this but it came up asking for the type of car. Plz advis

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: a1ex

I just tried this on myself.

Yep, that is pretty accurate, and pretty invasive.

Don't actually like this feature.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join