It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 out of 4 people are Jews

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Errrr, Rockpuck, Iranians and many of the other "races" you listed are not semitic. Turkmen aren't and Armenians certainly aren't.

The main semitic groups are defined by language, not by genteics.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
3 out of 4 jews? not by a long shot, 3 out of 4 of jewish decent? more then likly.

Heres how:

people from jewish decent moved to Crete (this is before the Jewish religion, mabey even before abraham). From from Crete to Greece, then Armania, Rome, France (gaul), Spain and Britain, then Ireland. So yea, it's all releated to the Jews. Yeepee. Also, Arabs link to Abraham, a Jew, so there for everyone from Arab decent are of Jewish decent too. and so are the Russians, who came from greece. So too are the Eastern Euroes. The rest are of African decent. Chinese people too are of African decent.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As it is written in the old Testament, in Kings & Chronicles and elsewhere..

The stranger that comes to live with the Jews, by their custom & law, is too a Jew.

So on the religious aspect of it, anyone who follows the law of Moses and reads the Talmud/Torah is a Jew.

But ethnically, they could be anything!

This is the big thing about being Jewish. People combine the RACE and the RELIGION. Theres a Jewish race, and a Jewish religion.

One can be a Jew by race, but not a Jew by religion. in this case, the proper term for that person would not be Jewish, but Hebrew.

One can be a Jew by religion, but not one by race. in this case, the proper term is being a Jew. A Jew can be of any race, color, or background. Most of the devout Jews in Israel who worship today are either only partially Hebrew in race, or not Hebrew in race at all.

I know that because I am a Christian and I am circumsized, I am also a Jew. And if you are a Christian and circumsized, you are also a Jew. Because the law of Moses is the 10 commandments, a Christian staple as well. And the Tanakh? Thats simply Hebrew speak for "Old Testament". And Torah? Thats Hebrew speak for "First Five Books of the Old Testament" or something like that. So the only Christian who is not also a Jew is one who does not follow the laws in the Old Testament post-Moses, so the 10 commandments are still followed, but say, the laws of Leviticus. Things like, you can't eat pork. If you eat pork you're just a Christian not a Jew and a Christian, or a Judeo-Christian as I put it.

Because the root is in Judaism. Without David there would've been no flesh suitable for Yeshua(Jesus) to inherit so he could save the people from their own self-delusioned doom.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
if the human race continues to breed at the current rate and also interbreeding amongst races continues to grow, wont that mean that eventually the human gene pool will become so small that most new babies will be *retarded.

*not meant to offend

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hi. Sorry but 3 out of 4 people arent jewish. You misheard the interview. 3 out of 4 sub-branches of Haplogroup-K later form Judaism. If your DNA is traced back to the Haplogroup-K, then yes there is a 3/4 chance you are. However there are other haplogroups out there. Check this article on wikipedia about other haplogroups and subgroups: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
First of all, depending on how broadly or tightly you define "Jewish" the number of Jews in the world can vary wildly from 0.00000000001% of the population to 99% of the population.

Second, Israel sits on the crossroads of the ancient world. For millenia many merchants, armies, and conquerors passed through the region. It would not be surprising if the genes of the the people spread throughout the world because of this. This is of course not to say that people from other regions may not have had their genes spread throughout the world. It would however be inappropriate to consider a person "Jewish" one of his ancestors was a slave or concubine that was picked up by some trader or soldier that passed through ancient Israel a few millenia ago.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Ashkenazim are not Jews. "Recent DNA studies on the Y-Chromosome of Ashkenazi Jews showed they had an 'extremely close affinity [with] non-Jewish Middle Eastern populations', indicating 'a common Middle Eastern origin',[31] as does the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) of at least 40% of the current Ashkenazi population.[32]"

Merely having ancestors in Palestine does not a Jew make.

Furthermore, Rocky's uncharacteristically off the mark here. All Jews are Semites, but not all Semites are Jews.

Capiche?

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and don't give me any of that crap about "wiki is a CIA front"...wikipedia's articles are sourced far better than most websites you'll ever find.

How can you say Ashkenazim are not Jews? Common middle east origin?

JEWS are Semites, and have almost the exact same DNA as Arabs who are also Semites.

On top of that if they accept the Covenant with the G-d of Abraham it doesnt matter what their ethnic origin is. Look at the Egyptians who traveled to Canaan in the Exodus.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
you can be an ethnic jew and not a religious one.

you can be an ethnic non-jew and yet a religious jew.

the problem lies in the ethnicity being called "jewish".

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

I am a Jew. I am Ashkenazi. I have a family tradition that I am a direct descendant of Aaron, the brother of Moses. I have a DNA test which proves that I and my family are haplotype J1 - aka from the priestly family of Aaron with our roots going back to that Land of Israel and before that the area between Iran and Iraq (where Abraham is from). My wife is a direct descendant of King David with a family tree that contains all the names.

Wake up people. Don't belittle the Jewish People and our glorious history out of prejudice and conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Steff

You can always take a test... it costs like 200 bucks though, I doubt that many people are jewish descent but I did hear about an obscure tribe that was proven to have jewish blood

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Taking into consideration that Adam and Eve were the ones that populated the earth and occurs they are part of all of us and the jewish nation I guess they were the first jewish people and that makes us all Jewish

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Ashkenazim are not Jews. "Recent DNA studies on the Y-Chromosome of Ashkenazi Jews showed they had an 'extremely close affinity [with] non-Jewish Middle Eastern populations', indicating 'a common Middle Eastern origin',[31] as does the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) of at least 40% of the current Ashkenazi population.[32]"

I think this means that Ashkenazi Jews can be linked to the Middle East and at one point shared DNA with non-Jews. That's my interpretation. "Common Middle Eastern origin" referring to when everyone had the same set of ancestors and different religions broke off from there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Perhaps five years ago, I heard a gentleman, of Spanish origin, whose last name was Sanchez, claim that any Spanish person whose name ended in EZ (ie. Sanchez, Lopez, Martinez, etc) was of Jewish lineage.

He said that many of these individual’s ancestors were forced to convert to Catholicism during the Inquisition in Spain, Portugal and Latin America. Those who converted, usually under pain of death if they did not do so, secretly preserved their Jewish identity and passed it on to their heirs, by adding “EZ” to the end of their name: Eretz Yisrael.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by jdposey]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join