It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Bishop Tells Christians to Call God 'Allah'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Since when did Islam become a race? Shame on you, we all know the it is a religion not a race.

Semantics to avoid the point shots? Color me oh, so surprised.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Semantics to avoid the point shots? Color me oh, so surprised.

HUH you were the one who brought race into the discussion not me. As for his denouncing them he can do that from now until doomsday that will not change the fact many muslims do exactly what he claims they cannot or should not. Live with it.

[edit on 8/16/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
LOL @ anti religious people all over here making fun of us.

In my opinion, it's laughable at best to apease to foreigners. In the words of a stupid movie I forget:

"F**k 'em"

[edit on 16-8-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

As for his denouncing them he can do that from now until doomsday that will not change the fact many muslims do exactly what he claims they cannot or should not. Live with it.

Cool, your closed mind is noted. Expect this post of yours to show up the next time someone asks why moderate Muslims don't take a stand. They DO. You just don't want to see it.

To quote, um, you, "Live with it."

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

As for his denouncing them he can do that from now until doomsday that will not change the fact many muslims do exactly what he claims they cannot or should not. Live with it.

And many Christians still bomb abortion clinics and murder children in doing so, and many American soldiers rape and murder innocent women and children. Denouncing that will not change anything will it?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Since I feel no one is hitting the nail on the head, I thought I´d give my input.

I hate, hate discussing religious affairs, as it always leads to misunderstandings and grudges against one another. (I wish it was different...)

But the point here isn´t what we should call God, as we do not know his name, and personally I could care less. But the question here is, how far should we bend backwards for political correctness/or for the feelings of Muslims? Many Europeans/Scandinavians feel that they give so much, yet have to continue giving. Many want to put a foot down, and say enough. I feel that we all should respect each others beliefs, ideology, whatever it may be. And sugar coating everything in political correctness is not helping anyone.

No offense intended here, but just the way I see it.

Frontkjemper

I thinks it's a wise old bishop who's making a point. He says, "God doesn't care what we call him. It's our problem." And then the article goes on at length to illustrate the problem. Condescending and contemptuous men expressing such in the name of correctness, and, presumably, God. That Bill Donahue is clearly contemptuous, he's damned Christians before knowing in fact if any Christians would begin calling God "Allah". The bishop is not about political correctness, he's about people and religions getting their act together. He's right. It is the problem of men. God is God and, at least as we understand it, God has no problems. It's just a wise old bishop making a point and, perhaps, having a little bit of a lark.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
There is the one true God, and he does care what we call him. Allah is the name of a false god, the god of the moon. Allah is a name derived from Satan to confuse an entire region of people and it has been done so.
Allah is a god of war, my God is a god of love.

Really? I find this statement very confusing but I'll be bold enough to say that this is the mentality that leads to the current disgusting world we live in today. I don't know what else to say. If these imaginary beings turn out to be true, what then? What if you're completely mistaken? What if it is truly Allah who is the ruler of the universe? What if the punishments do exist just as they do as Christian sins? How would you answer? What if all of you are wrong and the true dogma is Hindu? What then?

What if the true god has absolutely nothing to do with Earth, and all of you who blindly believe in having faith and a special relationship with a domineering psychopath in the sky turn out to face an Alien god? A being we as a species could never even imagine? It's just as likely as the things you believe in.

Sigh. Back to staying out of religious lunacy.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You just don't want to see it.

When the moderates start standing on corners shouting down with the fanatics then and only then will I take note, until then it is all hot air.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
What if the true god has absolutely nothing to do with Earth, and all of you who blindly believe in having faith and a special relationship with a domineering psychopath in the sky turn out to face an Alien god?

You make a point that I've never thought of before. What if God just made all that there seems to be for humans and other intelligences throughout the universe, and then He just left and went on to something else? What if he were not, as you put it, "a domineering psychopath in the sky turn out to face an Alien god", but a benevolent God and just left us to our own devices? Wouldn't that be the purest benevolence? He creates and then He frees not only Himself of His creations, but He frees His creations of Himself. He creates and then He moves on to create something else. We are left to do and be as we choose. Good point, Donoso!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

When the moderates start standing on corners shouting down with the fanatics then and only then will I take note, until then it is all hot air.

Like this?
gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

or this?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Rasobasi420 i would like to see shots reply to this,

i have an idea , its photo edited these people arent muslim but actors

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Like this?

One country hardly constitutes all moderates and you know it. Now where are the other 20 percent oif the moderates?

Let me guess they are all part of the no snitch program

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Apparently, this is a shock jock Bishop who wants attention all the time and makes irrational statements.

Such a beautiful word!

What would Christians have to gain by saying Alla. but just pleasing muslims?

This is ridiculous and we have another Pat Robertson here.

I suppose he'll come out and say the people in Peru had it coming to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I swear, god needs to send another messenger down so we can straighten out this religious bull#.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Quotient Intelligence

One country hardly constitutes all moderates and you know it. Now where are the other 20 percent oif the moderates?

How much would it take to avoid denouncing them all?

Would even 100% be enough?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

And then you are shown just what you were asking for:

Like this?

BUT that is not even enough to crack the shell of what I perceive as Islamic bigotry. Sleep well shots.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

One country hardly constitutes all moderates and you know it.

Dude.... It's two countries Bahrain and Morocco

I googled "muslim protest against terrorism" and these were the first to links. Go ahead and try it. Or is the issue that you have no desire to try it?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Dude.... It's two countries Bahrain and Morocco

Big Deal!

That is still not going to change the percentages by any huge numbers is it?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

BUT that is not even enough to crack the shell of what I perceive as Islamic bigotry. Sleep well shots.

I have said it once if not a million times I have nothing against muslims what I oject to is those that kill people for no justified reason and sorry but their claim that all non-believers should be killed (its in the Koran read it) does not hold water.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Big Deal!

That is still not going to change the percentages by any huge numbers is it?

As was already posted, these were just the first two links on a large search. Do you need someone to spoon feed you still? You ask for proof then say, yes thats proof but it doesn't count unless I get more, and more, and more. Its a strategy of someone desperate to hold onto their point no matter how much he is shown the error in his statement.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join