It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belmar New Jersey UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdubs
the very small amount of sideways movement you may percieve to be occurring was because they fly those stupid things off of boats. and also, with the blair witch style camera work, you have to rely on the commentary to even know whats going on. suit yourselves, i saw this firsthand so i'm sticking with with what my eyes tell me.

So you saw a guy in a boat with a string in his hand leading up to this thing? I am just trying to clarify and perhaps get a more detailed description of what you saw.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
But from what I can see, those lights are not organized in a fashion which would indicate a blimp. The lights seem to appear to from a frying pan like shape. I highly doubt that is a blimp

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
very interesting video. i can definitely see this being a kite thats being trailed from some guys on a boat, but it almost seems a little too large from that distance. then again, there are some pretty big kites. i live in Lacey, which is about 20 minutes from Belmar and let me just say, we have seen a few weird things in the sky the past couple of nights, aside from the meteor showers.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is an interesting video.

Here are some reasons why I can tell this is not a hoax or a forgery:

1. The dialog. There's a lot of true human expression, joking around. It's what you'd expect from people who don't care much for alternative topics. In the sense of knowledge, I'd probably also be doing the same thing.

2. The object is obviously there. This doesn't seem to be CGI at all, there are a lot of comparable videos out there. While there are comparable videos, this is my opinion. Don't attack me because of it.

3. The object in question is up for debate. It can be really anything at this point, the best way to examine would be the light patterns.

Anyways, nice find!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's strange (?) that there has been a rash of New Jersey UFO reports
ever since that Radioactive box was found in a car around Newark
last week. These reports could be attributed to an intense search
by the Homeland Security department. The extent of their capabilities
are (and with good reason) still unknown to the public.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I haven't gone through all the aircraft spotter guides I know yet, so I won't pass judgment on blimp/no blimp.

I did however stumble upon this interesting link:
steath blimp

blimp2

It was curious to see that the lights were not exactly FAA regulation either. Might be that we didn't see it from all angles, or some were not on.

Cheers,

Leibolmai

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.lockheedmartin.com...

Maybe this could be another possibility?

I am not sure where this airship is being tested, but it does come from a source located in NJ.

Naval Weapons Station Earle is close to Belmar and we all know that the Navy has some cool stuff that is being kept classified so maybe this is one of them being tested at night.

Link to info on NWS Earle
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
im positive its not a kite. i know and have seen guys do light up kites before. it was to stationary for a kite and way to high.at the end of the video it starts to travel and for it to be on a boat it would be hard to believe because it would get snagged on a bridge. it was not towards the beach it was over the land. i would think blimp first except for two reasons. first it's not very likely a blimp could stay in one tight spot for so long. they sway to much even on calm days. just watch them hover over a stadium during an event. second reason is at one point they lost it. watch that part again and when it comes back they claim they hear a plane. i noticed a small plane passing just below it and that right there would be extremely dangerous and illegal to do around other aircraft. those lights are meant to be on to warn other air craft of your position. i wouldn't doubt it's more like military craft of some type. you dont need an airport at the shore just an aircraft carrier at sea.
before i watched the video i thought it may have to do with the air show over at Atlantic city yesterday. but that was not on the 12th it was on the 15th and during the day. i would never personally attempt to record at night the things ive seen over the atlantic at night at the jersey shore because it would be far worse then what we witnessed on their video. i tried to record the air show and it sucks and that was during day time. im waiting to see something strange in the sky at day time. unfortunatly i think it may be like a once in a lifetime thing and i doubt i'd have my camera.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
God people are dumb.

"Look at that, *refering to something with flashing lights, diffrent colord at that* Its GOTTA be a balloon."

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
I think it is most likey an expermental aircraft, since they said that Fort Dix was nearby. But then again, Dix is not an airbase. Very odd. That is a great video as well.

Lakehurst NAS and McGuire AFB are right next to Fort Dix.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The navigation lights do suggest a plane, possibly military. I have seen ufos and have never seen any display navigation lights. Navigation lights are required under FAA regulations.

I have grown up around airplanes, as two of my uncle's worked with them, one had an airport for light aircraft, and the other sells military and other aircraft. My first husband was a flight tech for the B-52 bomber H model, and my dad was a radar technician in the Air Force. Also, I took four years of study with AFJROTC, when I studied in America. We had to be able to recognize planes in silhouette and learned the types of strobes that they carried. I have to admit I was a failure at putting a model together of a P52, although I managed to get a pass on my model.

The models were used to teach us positioning of aircraft parts and such-like on various aircrafts.

I think it is either a Stealth Bomber given it's shape, and angle of trajectory in flight, or it is an experimental craft using new technology, of possible unknown origin.

One comment said that it was two-storeys in height. Planes are enormous, especially when they fly at low altitudes. Given the distance of the observers to the craft, it was hard to pinpoint it's altitude.

I am not poo-poohing the idea that it could be of extraterrestrial origin. It is just that the angle and speed suggested that it was man-made, although I have seen recently a slow moving ufo that was neither a plane, or blimp, or balloon. It was at night, and it didn't have any navigation lights. What helped in my observation was an airplane had been coming into the city perpendicular to the craft I was observing, at a much higher altitude and it's navigation lights were clearly visible; whereas, the other object was at a much lower altitude, highly visible, and appeared to be metallic, v-shaped, and well-lit with no navigation lights moving in a slow speed, and disappeared not far from my view, and I was able to still observe the airplane which was approaching the city, after the object disappeared.

The object was flying in such a way that it didn't go behind any buildings and was flying in a direct path. I was the only one that noticed it that night, as there was a lot of commotion outside the pub, where I had observed the plane and the object.

This is just an example of an unknown craft without navigation lights flying at a low ceiling. Something else, I did notice, there were no other planes sent to intercept it, as it was in clear violation, not having navigation lights, which suggests that it was a ufo.

In the case of the Jersey ufo in America, the navigation light suggests something closer to home.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
ITS A GOOD YEAR BLIMP!!! lol sorry but a friend of mine lives near belmar and his father is the pilot of the blimp. He was taking his son out in the night for the first time on his 18th birthday. it was only approved at night because during the day it would be free advertisement. The Good year sticker is the one most commonly on it. sorry to burst the bubble guys.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Similar aircraft fly over where I live not far away, I'll get a vid of them tonight. Looks exactly like what I've seen. I think their planes though.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The motion of the lights completely rule out the option of a kite. It would have to be very high up to be that still. And if you listen to the video there's only a hint of wind noise. If you've ever shot video in wind with a handycam or without a proper microphone, you'll know that the thudding of the wind can sometimes overpower all other noises, especially conversations.

Night Kite 1: www.youtube.com...
Night Kite 2: www.youtube.com...

All known stealth aircraft display different motion that this. The spacing of the lights firstly don't match a stealth, and also the distance between the lights says that it would have to either be fairly close or really massive. The stealth could travel from horizon to horizon in less time than the duration of the video.

Also the spacing of the lights rule out the blimp possibility. If it was stationary for that long you'd expect them to make the most of there flight time & get some advertising out. No messages were displayed along the side. There is no fan or propulsion noise, and the shape is out of proportion.

Night Blimp vid: www.youtube.com...

My guess is, as some have stated prior, that it's either a tethered balloon/balloons with lights attached or an experimental man-made craft. Alien -- possibly but not likely. It would be interesting to know if there were any events that night that warranted a light display like this...a sporting event, concert, big shoe sale, etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What in the hell use would a stealth blimp be, when you can shoot it down with a BB gun..ridiculous...

Originally posted by Leibolmai
I haven't gone through all the aircraft spotter guides I know yet, so I won't pass judgment on blimp/no blimp.

I did however stumble upon this interesting link:
steath blimp

blimp2

It was curious to see that the lights were not exactly FAA regulation either. Might be that we didn't see it from all angles, or some were not on.

Cheers,

Leibolmai

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hahahaha! " It's huge like a garage! "
" Maybe it's a boat! "
Funny stuff guys. Great fottage! That looked wierd to me. For the people that keep saying CGI about every video they see, learn a new word please! I'm so sick of hearing CGI all the time!

Amon Goeth

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A triangular Goodyear blimp?! WoW! That must be that new model right? Does it come with blue tooth and Ipod input?

Amon Goeth

i]Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
ITS A GOOD YEAR BLIMP!!! lol sorry but a friend of mine lives near belmar and his father is the pilot of the blimp. He was taking his son out in the night for the first time on his 18th birthday. it was only approved at night because during the day it would be free advertisement. The Good year sticker is the one most commonly on it. sorry to burst the bubble guys.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i see many aircraft fly at night as im under "the stack" at heathrow airport, and when planes are flying at night there speed can be hard to judge, i think it is a plane maintaining a steady bank with a high angle of attack. now im not saying its a comersal jet! it could still be a millatery jet or a B2

tryed to find a movie to show what i mean but could only find this!
i miss the old bird

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I thought I was the only one to see this craft. Believe me This was so low over my Home I called my wife to the back yard to see this. there was no sound coming from it and I seen huge 7 to 8 lights on it with a red flashing light and it Was Moving very slowly though the Air and by the time she came out to the back from inside the house the craft went over the lake at the end of Belmar and took off straight up to a very High until We could not see the lights anymore. I swear this thing was as large about one city block. I tried so hard to see the shape of it., and even though it was so low I could not make it out also It was A very clear night I could see alot of stars. This craft was very stealthy for sure. I wish I had a video camera that night.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i grew up in jersey, trying to remember if any plants/ air products/ refinerys are in Belmar.... could be something industrial, though could be something crazy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join