It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we alone? What makes you think we're not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've read through a fair number of posts on here, and i seem to get the impression that alot of people believe that there are only a few "types" of aliens that visit us, namely the "grays" the "nordic" and the reptilian caste, please correct if this presumption is incorrect. This got me thinking to how narrow minded even presumptious this concept really is, when you consider the size of the known universe, the billions of stars and the countless number of planets, it would be easy to presume that even if only a small percentage of these planets supported life that was older evolutionary wise, than us, that would be thousands of technologicaly advanced civilisations out there hundreds, thousands or even millions of years ahead of where we are today.

Bearing their advancement of technology in mind, the idea that faster than light or inter-dimensional travel to them may be as commonplace as popping into the car for the weekly shop to us, so what if our solar system is just one of the Towns, boroughs or blocks on the way, but being the crude uncivilised monkeys we are maybe Earth is the type of planet that you wind the windows up and keep driving, or we are reserved for school trips or scientific observation for a host of advanced race's.

For all we know the edge of our solar system may have the inter-galactic equivilant of the "Do not feed the animals" sign. The odd visit we do get, may well be from some lost travellers frantically trying to find someone intelligent enough to ask directions, or daring teenagers in daddy's car or maybe some one does find us remotely interesting enough to study us, i myself would be honoured to think that an entity so advanced intelligent and learned would even consider me interesting enough to study!

The point i'm trying to make i think, is that like the number of star's there could be the same number of different lifeforms with the know how to get here, if they could be bothered, because i'm sure there is a number of more interesting things in this or any other universe, than a few apes scuttling about on a rock.

Or, as i really am tending to feel, we the human race are a fluke, a biologically anomaly maybe 42 is the answer to life, a combination of 42 elements, mineral's and proteins with a splash of lightening, place in an oven at 37 degree's for several million years and you have man. We could be really completely and utterly alone, and what really bothers me is once we destroy this planet, which considering man's destructive nature we will eventually, the universe will be completely empty of anyone to really appreciate it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by RancidCat

I've read through a fair number of posts on here,

First, thanks for doing this.
Many others like to jump to page 86 of
a thread and post some opinion that is
neither researched, or valid.

and i seem to get the impression that alot of people believe that there are only a few "types" of aliens that visit us, namely the "grays" the "nordic" and the reptilian caste, please correct if this presumption is incorrect.

Sad, but correct. We even have members that
are in contact with said beings. Well, according
to them. One even has a website with pictures.
Done in realistic crayola.

that would be thousands of technologicaly advanced civilisations out there hundreds, thousands or even millions of years ahead of where we are today.

(trimmed your paragraph, sorry)
Keep in mind, those dots of lights we see
as suns and galaxies are just their light
reaching us.
Ponder how many of those stars have
super-nova'ed by now. We won't know
for hundreds or thousands of years.

Bearing their advancement of technology in mind, the idea that faster than light or inter-dimensional travel to them may be as commonplace as popping into the car for the weekly shop to us, so what if our solar system is just one of the Towns, boroughs or blocks on the way

I'd think they would be seeking a new home. Not just
sight-seeing.

For all we know the edge of our solar system may have the inter-galactic equivilant of the "Do not feed the animals" sign.

My Lord, I hope so !

because i'm sure there is a number of more interesting things in this or any other universe, than a few apes scuttling about on a rock.

I agree. I'm here. (shameless plug)

We could be really completely and utterly alone, and what really bothers me is once we destroy this planet, which considering man's destructive nature we will eventually, the universe will be completely empty of anyone to really appreciate it.

May I be brutally honest ? Thanks.
I'm not sure if you're religious. Doesn't matter if you are.
I'm being honest.
As of right now, there are no aliens.

To think so little of humanity that we couldn't get
where we are, on our own speaks volumes about
the person who says it. (not directed at you, Rancid)

When we die, we only live on in others memories.
Photo's, videos and drawings all go the way that
memories do.

I truly hope mankind isn't stupid enough to destroy
our planet. For, there are no aliens to come rescue
us.

I hope one of us finds the "Do Not Feed the Animals"
sign, and places another along side it.

Please educate the animals.

Rancid, I've rambled.
Thank you for your post, my friend.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'll chime in my thoughts here as I haven't made up my mind, nor will I ever until it's proven either way... proven to me is personally being introduced and taken for a ride in their ship out to their home world where ever that may be.

I'm pretty skeptical about it all, I've never really seen a ufo, always hope to, and continue to be aware most of the time of any bizarre activity up above.... still looking up.

So, there's a few things I don't fully understand about the UFO community and forums that dedicate themselves to the exposure or disclosure on the Internet. Before the internet, as a teen the only thing I really had access to on the subject of aliens or ufos were the very few books tucked away on the bottom shelves of various public and school libraries. Fascinating books, all crammed right next to the books on Witchcraft, Nostrodamus, Ghosts, and (insert other esoteric subject) that maybe took up 1 or 2 shelves in the whole library at most.

These are different times now, and with as much that's being shared in everyone's daily lives through technology, easily, in blogs, photos, videos, journals.... there's just no way any government could supress all the information from leaking out.

So what have we achieved so far?.... more hoaxes, blurry pictures, points of light up above that seem to avoid the most obvious explanation becuase there's really nothing to distinguish one light source from any other in the known world. Dissapointing really.

I say, go out there on the web, poke around on blogs, livejournal, myspace... high traffic websites that have the most general non biassed guide for sharing and discussion... see how many UFO stories or experiences you find out there. You won't find many. No, you will find them in ATS and other websites dedicated to the topic daily, and this alone should raise an eyebrow. Not becuase it's the logical place to share on such things but becuase people enjoy talking and sharing about their experiences anywhere (especially the neat and one of kind events and things that happen in our daily lives).

I'll give some thought to the fact that some people probably don't want to post or discuss such things for credibility / harrasment reasons, but I can only imagine a small percentage who would make this choice among the millions of people on the internet that are posting, sharing, and observing the world around them.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The odds are greatly in favor we are not alone. It would be a huge mystery and like winning the mega lottery 50 times in a row if we were.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As far as all the species of aliens making the rounds on the net I kind of doubt there is any truth to it.

Don't get me wrong....I am a believer,but when you really think about it,in reality if ET's were visiting here wouldn't at least one species introduce themselves worldwide and make themselves known rather than fifteen different ones all popping up at once.

The only "species" theory I find interesting is the "Alien Astronauts"/Annunaki,because it could provide a valid answer to our beginnings and where we came from other than what is accepted in society as absolute truth these days.

For a very refreshing look at some theories of Alien visitation check out Michio Kaku.

After hearing him on C2C a couple of times it was like a breath of fresh air.A very scientific approach to aliens and UFO's.

new topics

top topics

join