It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will you stand up for your country?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Chiming in late I will say this. There is no straw that will break the camel's back. Well at currently none. Those of us that see what is happening and wish to stop it are being ignored and dismissed as nuts by the rest of the country that simply just wants to grumble about the president and our politians, yet still re-elect them. So they can go and watch their crappy little reality shows or play their MMO's or follow every action the celebrities do from afar like some sort of stalker.
Greed rules this country and the "little" people have their heads too far into the sand anymore to do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am already doing my part. I do not drive by choice. I do not buy into the media. I try not to buy things that are taxed. I do believe that most all of the problems do have money at the root. What is money anyway? An idea. It has no real subtance. I try to hit government where it hurts, the pocketbook.

I would like to do more!

How do we get a large number together for a cause? Using the media is probably a great way but do you think that Rupert Murdock would let that happen? Probably not.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mopo573

I agree with you. Please see thread Consumerism as Patriotism. Sorry I'm not great a linking yet.

I would like ATS members to discuss the possible implications and possible outcomes of an economic boycott as a means of peaceful protest. And not just gas.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
First of all-yeah hes been a pretty bad president and made so very bad decisions and put America at the bottom of popularity for sure---but who hasnt played King of the Mountain as kids--we all know,that you can be on top for so long and everyone has a eye out to knock you down--even your so called allies--its a enevitable truth..

but i think we should all remember that-its the people who have been so complacent with their cable tv and nice new cars that have just turned a blind eye to whatever is real and going on in the world---it a "who cares attitude--as long as i have my a/c and a big mac whenever i want--im ok,,and thats all that matters!!!!

let us not forget either that the USA is being invaded by criminals everyday-soaking up your money-through goverment programs--which in turns makes the goverment happy-because now they have a reason to ask for more-------look at the new health care programs--they want billions of american dollars to impliment.....do you know that 85% of americans already have health insurance!!!guess where the health insurance is gonna go too---yep illegal crimminal--and you get to pay for it.........and yes criminals---immigrants come here and obey and apply for citizen ship legally----fence jumpers done---so keep your eyes down america and let the invasion continue---you are all gonna pay-if you are middleclass working types!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This thread was one of the topics i discussed with Dave and Johnny on my ATS mix interview... it airs on the 28th Aug mix ep 15 .. so those of you that want to put a voice to the evil clinton wrong fact doer nows ya chance
i resisted asking the question to the hosts live but i asked them straight afterwards ,, their answers were cool ..

remeber What would it take for you to stand up to Your country ... and when you did how would you pursue this..

thanx all so far for thier contributions

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"Unfortunately, when the democrats took control of both houses, Nancy Pelosi immediately took impeachment off the table and wanted to refrain from anything that could be considered "partisan."

That was stupid, for two reasons. First, the republicans had pursued a totally partisan agenda the entire time they were in power. Second, it was obvious they (the democrats) were going to be accused of pursuing a partisan agenda anyway.

I didn't want Bush, and I'd agree he's certainly the least intelligent president the US has ever had. We're gonna be paying for his tax cuts and his wars for two more decades. Unfortunately, the retardedatti who supported him still nod their heads over neocon spin, and care for more for their political faction than they do about the USA. "

As I stated before, there are no parties guys, they are both bought and paid for by corporate interests. There are no Demecrats and Republicans. They are manipulating each social demographic. They are in it for money and greed. They no longer represent US. The US Military has every right to declare martial Law and Arrest EVERYONE in Congress for treason. All the way down to the house as well and most state government as well. They dont even read what they sign anymore ! We could have free energy and be off planet right now with the worlds energy problems taken care of we could seed the stars and get the hell out of here. But the powers that be want to keep us all slaves. Our goals in life should be this: What are you doing to improve the human race? What can we do to advance ourselves beyond selfish desire and live a life of quality, justice, where our goal will be to improve ourselves and have every human being your brother or sister. To move out into the stars and create an ideal free society. If our energy needs were met (Which can happen) and we focused on learning and advancement of science without profit we would be there.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic

I'll bet whoever is next to be President will probably have his/her legion of naysayers and haters as well.

and the threat of future attacks by nomadic terrorists. (The first attack on the TT's was a terror strike but not along the massive scale as 9-11)

Change is already in the wind. What it will yield, we hope it can only get better, but as far as revolution or revolt....I still say it aint happening until you get EVERYONE on board, and things arent that bad yet.

Things aren`t that bad yet??....aren`t that bad yet??

your kidding right? you really believe this?.....man are we in trouble.

And you seem to be one of the sensible ones(rare).

why do they train cops(I don`t mean you personaly) to be so damn mean, robotic and completely un-feeling and or caring.
and you can come back with any reply you want but i believe
that the attitude towards citizens are horrible.

and they say"but we have to protect the citizens from terrorist"....BS
The terrorists are our Elite world Mob of LUNATICS.
Do you actually believe the official 911 terrorist attack story...
....because its TOTAL BUNK.

and they will say "An officer must treat every situation as if it
was dangerous so they can not be 'Nice or Polite".......BS....BS....BS

Any Police Officer who thinks their job is justified is brainwashed.
Any soldier who thinks their job is justified is even more brainwashed.

there is no shame in admitting you were brainwashed.
WE WERE/ARE ALL BRAINWASHED to some degree.

the only difference is that some of us choose to realize our
mistakes and learn from them.

I get so angry,frustrated and made to feel like a scared RAT
when i, for example walk across the street from my home in a
rather quiet neibourhood at night and get stopped and questioned.
and I am COMMANDED to show my ID , and they look at me like
I am THE ENEMY.......And I`ve done nothing wrong but go for a pack of smokes.
I get home and wonder WTF ....I don`t even know who these poeple were(exept for the fact that they were cops)
so here are these complete strangers with guns and attitudes
shaking me down.

and this little story is nothing...a drop in the bucket compared
to the outright in-justice being commited on the people.

I know i`m off topic for this thread but.......

I`ve really been wanting to ask these kinds of questions to any law officials who might frequent ATS.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Jesus christ. I can't believe how many people here just tried to deviate the answer one way or the other by talking about either Clinton, Bush or him being british. Just answer the OP's question. How's that so hard to do?

To the OP. I think, personally, what will have to happen before the american people will actually do something, is that the NWO will have to be visually self evident, and their actions against americans will have to be personal.

Yes, I am saying that in order for the majority of americans to actually stand up against the govt. and the NWO. The NWO will actually have to come out and publically state "We are the NWO and we know own you bia**es!" Why? Because as long as the evidence of their existence remains incredibly minimal and can easilly be put down by cynical/illogical/irrational skeptics, people will forget about it and numb their brains back to "TV mode".

Think about it for a minute and look at Nazi Germany. The majority of the german population REFUSED to believe that hitler's reich was capable of doing such atrocities, despite the fact that they could clearly see, feel, and touch the very human ashes that were covering the german homes. Why didn't they believe it? more than likely it was they being apathetic, not wanting to believe it. So they decided instead to buy whatever propaganda excuse the nazis came up with and leave it at that. I guess part of it could be, that the majority of the germans, as well as americans just wouldn't be able to cope with the fact that their country really isn't as great as they'd like to believe.

Look at it today. I was honestly SHOCKED that both Kerry and Bush admitted publically in the news that they were both members of the secret society Skull and Bones, and yet, no one seemed to care. They probably bought the propaganda similar to Hannity's when asked about the Bohemian Grove "It's just a bunch of kids acting like kids..." Did I miss something? Is worshipping the skull of famous dead people a new fad kids are doing today? Silly I know, and yet people probably bought it if they heard it and it was promptly dropped from the media, never to be heard of again.

As to the other thing that will have to happen. It will have to become personal. the NWO will have to actually invade your home, your family and drag you out, take out your stuff and put you in a labor camp against your will. Nothing angries an american more than a govt. physically taking away his property and forcing him to do slave labor at some labor camp. Once they get into their neighborhoods and they start seeing their neighbors being dragged away from their homes. The americans that will be able to (finally!) be able to read the writing in the wall, will start to think about doing something. Again, it's sad that it has to come to gross measures. But unfortunately, many americans are bitten by the "as long as it's not affecting me, my loved ones, then I don't care" bug.

Now as to what would I do? Well to be honest it's kind of hard to decide. Part of me would want to stick around for the civil war to occur so I can join the battle. But part of me also believes that I might be better off living a nomadic lifestyle out in the woods with my family. So unfortunately I can't answer you concretely until I've made up my mind.

But don't believe we here at ATS have not thought about this. I'm sure many of us have. But the problem is that it's such an awful big question with so many variables depending on what really ends up happening that we don't know for sure what will end up happening. But, if you go to the Survival forums, you'll see that a number of us are starting to ask around and see how we can be better prepared for the inevitable, whatever that ends up being.

Cheers mate.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Question]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
i put this thread up a while ago, with the current situation in the world, i ask again Americans when will you stand up for your country?

Yet again your administration amazes me .. the current situation aka Georgia and russia , all i here from the U.S side is 'this does not happen in the 21st century blah blah'

This comming from a country that has invaded 2 countries in the past year and a possible 3rd in the pipeline.

i guess most of you choose the 'when there is a mushroom cloud hanging over washington' option. to stand up and do something

Post after post of something should be done , lots of posts saying well wait and see , they will be gone soon. you can no longer afford to wait.

Have you ever considered they might wanna go out all guns blazing and take the rest of us with them? while they sleek off to safety.

Either of the above choices are not good for your society and the world in whole .. do something now!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
i put this thread up a while ago, with the current situation in the world, i ask again Americans when will you stand up for your country?

We do not need to stand up for our country. Our country stands up for us. It also stands up for many others around the world who cannot defend themselves.

Yet again your administration amazes me .. the current situation aka Georgia and russia , all i here from the U.S side is 'this does not happen in the 21st century blah blah'

This comming from a country that has invaded 2 countries in the past year and a possible 3rd in the pipeline.

What exactly amazes you about our administration w/ regard to Georgia?
Does Russia's leadership amaze you?

What 2 countries have we invaded in the last year? I guess you mean the last 7 years?

Iraq was invaded by a coalition of many countries, with the authorization of the UN, after repeated sanctions and deadlines. A dictator who brutalized shia muslims and Kurds was removed, and a democratically elected government was formed.

Afgahnistan was invaded by a coalition of countries and the Taliban was removed form power. This was done with widespread popular support from around the world. The Taliban provided safe harbor to a terrorist organizatiuon responsible for the deaths of thousands of Africans - embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, Arabs - (Khobar Towers), Spanish (Madrid Train Station), Indonesians (Bali), And the attempted murder of British in London (trains and buses July 2005).

Russia has invaded Georgia with no popular support from anyone...none.

i guess most of you choose the 'when there is a mushroom cloud hanging over washington' option. to stand up and do something

I don't even know what this means? Our government is going to bomb itself???

Post after post of something should be done, lots of posts saying well wait and see , they will be gone soon. you can no longer afford to wait.

Please explain why we cannot afford to wait any longer. This seems like irrational fear mongering to me.

Have you ever considered they might wanna go out all guns blazing and take the rest of us with them? while they sleek off to safety.

Either of the above choices are not good for your society and the world in whole .. do something now!!!!

What do you suggest?

One last question for you. I assume you are are a citizen of the UK? When will YOU stand up for YOUR Country?

When will you demand the 24 hr. surveillence on every street, in every train station, in every airport, in every footbal stadium be removed?

When will you stop handing over you country to a small radical faction within the islamic community that wants to turn Britain into a theocracy?

[edit on 8/21/2008 by darkbluesky]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join