It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Warns of Home Grown Terror Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

NYPD Warns of Home Grown Terror Threat

news.yahoo.com

The New York Police Department report released Wednesday describes a process in which young men — often legal immigrants from the Middle East who are frustrated with their lives in their adopted country — adopt a philosophy that puts them on a path to violence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Interesting Stuff. Never thought of it in this context. It makes perfect sense though. I suppose this might be a major side effect of polarizing the country to think of all Muslims as terrorists. The pressure to convey self image and the stereotypes must put a a giant weight on the Muslim community.

At the same time, it is good to know that the NYPD is thinking "outside" of the box.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-8-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think this is the same post as this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Didn't see that when i checked to see if it was up. Sorry...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A news thread and a forum thread are permitted.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I had a completely different view of this NYPD report in my thread,

BTW you should be OK with posting it in the NEWS section,

I think they still allow a news thread and one thread in another area.

I thought it was more of a way to further intrude on the citizens privacy,

trying to justify it with "the terrorists" are in our own country and it could be anyone of us so for your protection, we will have to increase surveillance techniques and dig deeper since we don't know who these "potential" terrorists could be.

Could be you,

could be me,

could be anybody....

scare tactic.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Soooo, if you are a muslin and happen to gather in "cafés, cab driver hangouts, flop houses, prisons, student associations, non-governmental organizations, hookah bars, butcher shops and bookstores," you may be a terrorist in the making, right?

So what this makes of the rest of the population that gathers in cafés, flop houses, student associations (like my daughter), Butcher shops and bookstores (like me)? aiding to terror organizations?

I tell you our nation is run by morons on a witch hunt.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There is a small segment in every society of every nation that is at risk of bwecoming so radicalized that it spawns domestic terror groups. America is no exception. As our domestic situaiton continues to deteriorate, it'll be more and more likely that terror groups will form. They'll have names we never heard of before, and in some cases they'll champion some things that won't make a lot of sense to us.

We should expect the Federal government to keep on growing. As our leaders take more intrusive action against the people they're supposed to defend, they'll be radicalizing more people who will...eventually...take action. In the earliest stages, most of these radical groups will get caught, or do things that result in their own destruction. Eventually, some leaders will hit upon the right formulas for success.

I don't make my living doing this conspiracy thing, but I do rub shoulders with enough radicalized people to know they really are out htere, and they really are...paying attention. Waiting. Some are smart enough to know that he right 'moment' is coming. Others are just hoping to jump in and copy what others are doing. the impetus for all this can't be entirely blamed on the degernation of society. A lot of it can be blamed on the pressure that government is putting on society to knuckle under.

new topics

top topics

join