It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just does not make sense about conspiracy theories involving hidden symbols

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by interestedalways

Please someone, what or who is Isis and how did she come to represent the most important of mysteries. Is she raw material to manifest or maybe even divine vehicle for spiritual possesion on earth. I'm grasping here, help me out someone in the "know"

Lift the veil of Isis so I can See!

"I am Isis, Keeper and Mother of All Things. No mortal man hath ever Me unveiled."

Keeper of All Things......... Or a keeper more like a system of orderly design that encapsulates the universal laws and manifestion thereof. Even the Keeper of the Flame?

The Mother of All Things....The Mother of Horus who brought us our system of hours and sidereal type of architechture. Firstly and foremost she is Mother of the Sun/Son The Light of the World. She without Sun/Son has no light. By operating within the darkness and the subconscience workings of the mind she remains hidden yet visible in manifestation.

Isis can be viewed in two different viewpoints. Known as Gaia in he Greek Mysteries, She is the Mother, Nature manifested, the Earth, as Osiris is the Sun.

In a more esoteric interpretation, She is Sofia, the Light of the Gnosis, and the High Priestess of the Tarot. She sits enthroned between the Pillars of Solomon and Hermes, indicating that She is the Middle Pillar, and is thus the Way. She is the symbol of subconsciousness, the House of Solomon's Treasures.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i said what I was going to... I'll go deeper into it if someone needs more, or has a differing opinion specifically with what I brought up

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
I would love to indulge in this thread, however judging by how much approval the OP has gotten, it certainly seems like a bad idea. I've seen what happens when you try to swim upstream around here...

I'll just say that symbols are indeed important. You need only to look at the progression of heraldry and family coat of arms to understand how serious some people (and therefore corporations) take their symbols.

Comparing the CIA or Al-Qaeda to Secret Societies is not a valid analogy. CIA is an official organization, which deals with top-secret information. As with AQ, their very validity depends on the entire world knowing who they are, which is the exact opposite of a secret society, and also why secret societies use symbols to communicate, instead of naming things like "Central Secret Society."

[edit on 14-9-2007 by scientist]

Just a couple points

1. The conspiracy theories *I have come across thus far* online regarding symbols seemed to be whacky. That is not to say someone, maybe you, could put forth an eloquent, well reasoned conspiracy theory.

2. Just because some people or corporations hold symbols important, it does not mean a conspiracy exists. Corporations hold symbols important because their is a lot of money in trademarks. For example, McDonald's makes a lot of money charging people all over the world franchise fees. If anybody could open up a hamburger stand, put up golden arches outside and call it McDonald's, McDonald's would stand to lose money in franchising fees.

3. While Al Qaida is out in the open in many regards, parts of its operations are secret. Osama Bin Laden recently made a video tape that was available for the whole world to see, but Al Qaida makes sure that only a few people know certain Al Qaida secrets like: future plans for terrorist attacks, the whereabouts of Al Qaida leaders like Bin Laden, and logistical details like where Al Qaida launders its money.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think the corporations use ancient symbols and the such because they are trying to connect emotionally/spiritually with the consumer. All these symbols in question are age-old symbols, the were created by mankind because they invoke a particular emotional response within people. A symbol of a pyramid is seen subconsciouly as representing something "grandiose" or "highly important", a symbol of saturn brings with it "cosmic" importance, animals represent connections with nature, etc.. I think they use these symbols because they are aware of the human emotional connection to the symbol, as we all are. Ask any graphic designer about his designs, and he'll tell you how he tried to create that same emotional response.

Whether it's evidence of a conspiracy for world domination or if it's just a tactic to get you to buy something, that's up for debate.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
awesome! honestly, this is probably one of my favorite subjects, as I have found symbols to be fascinating since I can remember.

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
1. The conspiracy theories *I have come across thus far* online regarding symbols seemed to be whacky. That is not to say someone, maybe you, could put forth an eloquent, well reasoned conspiracy theory.

Well half your problem is that you are looking for conspiracy theories and symbolism. Look for one at a time. First of all, I would refer you to the works of Carl Jung, especially on his work regarding symbols of alchemy and the unconcious - along with work by Joseph Campbell, which was developed as a branch of similar thinking. Speaking of alchemy, it's a great place to start - alchemists used symbols and etc. to conceal the true meanings of their work from the "profane." That is a common thread of symbols. They can have so many meanings, it's all about context - and to all but those with eyes to see, it's pure speculation. Let me also mention before there were alphabets or languages, all we had were symbols, so they hold a strong influence over our subconcious, which goes right back to Carl Jung.

Now if you are looking for conspiracy based use of symbols, it really depends on what your idea of conspiracy is. Just about everyone has a logo / symbol / codeword for something.

2. Just because some people or corporations hold symbols important, it does not mean a conspiracy exists. Corporations hold symbols important because their is a lot of money in trademarks. For example, McDonald's makes a lot of money charging people all over the world franchise fees. If anybody could open up a hamburger stand, put up golden arches outside and call it McDonald's, McDonald's would stand to lose money in franchising fees.

And it may not even be the corporations doing it. they hire the best of the best in advertising and marketing when it comes to logos and other defining things regarding their image. those in advertising and the media, at least the best - know how to manipulate people through imagery. I wouldnt call it a conspiracy, knowing that the color red makes you hungry, so they use red in logos for food. It's also not a conspiracy that companies have masonic elements in their logos. They can design them however they want, it's their company.

3. While Al Qaida is out in the open in many regards, parts of its operations are secret. Osama Bin Laden recently made a video tape that was available for the whole world to see, but Al Qaida makes sure that only a few people know certain Al Qaida secrets like: future plans for terrorist attacks, the whereabouts of Al Qaida leaders like Bin Laden, and logistical details like where Al Qaida launders its money.

by Al-Qaida, you are referring to the name WE gave to a database of names. That list of names isn't necessarily connected to anything in particular. the people on the list are not in one large group, and many are enemies with each other. It's like saying 'the americas most wanted list is still out there, plotting against us'

WeaponsOfMassDistraction - agreed. are you familiar with Michael Tsarion's research on symbols in media?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Yeah, saw one of Tsarion's video lectures recently. I was happy to see others feel the same way about these symbols. I think he gets a little out there every once in a while, but he does make some great cross-discipline connections; he makes you think. This was my favorite of his video-lectures.

I'm not so concerned with the 'world domination' side of things, but it does concern me is the 'spritualization' of consumerism. The use of these symbols in advertising and marketing completely subverts the original intent of these great symbols. I wonder where we are headed spiritually if the companies keep this trend going.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by WeaponsOfMassDistraction]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
yes, anything Tsarion says is to be taken with a grain of salt. I certainly don't agree with him on much, but his research in this particular matter is very comprehensive.

I would also suggest you look into Derren brown, specifically a video about subliminal advertising:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Well,let me point out that Al Quaida is the C.I.A.They were created by the C.I.A in the 70s.Secondly,these secret societies are not afraid to put their symbols on everything because they already own everything.The real question here is not IF they are doing it,but why.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join