It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just does not make sense about conspiracy theories involving hidden symbols

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

"On one hand he asks why if the secret societis wished to maintain secrecy why would they flaunt their symbols all around on hamburger wrappers and logos for all to see. "

They wish to remain secret because their beliefs contradict the Bible and Chritianity. Something Freemasons do not want to be scorned for. They think that the truth lies in Stonehenge and another star system. Could the celestrial lodge be all of the stars in the sky?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There could be something else going on, maybe the people who work or own these places know they are under threat by these secret organisations and they make it suttle to say look we are in trouble. The reason being is because what they are dealing with is very powerful no way out type thing like spiritual slaves or something. Just a theory but don't knock it, its becoming like this: No conspiracy- then a conspiracy- then sceptic and now maybe it was right scenario.

The ones in the negative part of the sequence could actually be that wrong and a form of disinformation, go by the patterns.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Symbols are indeed a bit too obsessed about at times.

Take the classic "All Seeing Eye" for example which is just a triangle with something prominent in the middle... notice a similarity to the "recycle" symbol?

I doubt the environmentalist recycle fanatics are Illuminati in disguise, but hey...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7

They wish to remain secret because their beliefs contradict the Bible and Chritianity.

That really doesn't make much sense. Why would someone think it was necessary to remain secret because their beliefs contradict the Bible or Christianity. People are perfectly free to disagree with the Bible and Christianity if they want, and have the right to speak against those things openly if they want, and in fact, they do so all the time.

Something Freemasons do not want to be scorned for. They think that the truth lies in Stonehenge and another star system.

What "truth" are you talking about? Or are you just making this stuff up?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeingevil
Symbols are indeed a bit too obsessed about at times.

Take the classic "All Seeing Eye" for example which is just a triangle with something prominent in the middle... notice a similarity to the "recycle" symbol?

I doubt the environmentalist recycle fanatics are Illuminati in disguise, but hey...

Umm, there is obviously some agreement in coorelation to the two symbols you just blatently posted. I guess there are some environmental protectionists that also practice Freemasonry. Just my observation.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus8
You're about as masonic as the Mcdlt wrapper. There hasn't been a real Mason around since Manly P. Hall kicked it. Anyone that props up any organization is merely afraid to stand on their own in life. If you can't walk alone, you certainly bring nothing to a group.

OK dude... You're obviously the expert. I'll inform my lodge-mates with a heavy heart that no "real masons" exist today and that their personal explorations of the hidden mysteries of nature and science are a sham and a waste of time.

Meanwhile, have you got anything to add (apart from broad generalisations whose validity you can't possibly demonstrate), or could you perhaps elaborate on your previous vagaries?

However, if you want to go back to ranting about how ignorant everybody is, except you of course, that's fine too.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
First of all, I think that we should all just disregard Horus8's posts since they seem to dragging a lot of people off topic.

Now, back to the original discussion. I do believe that there are some nutters that just see things in everything, i.e. All seeing eye in Recycling, Jesus in my potato chip, etc... Obviously these could just be coincidences combined with an over-imaginative mind looking for the answer to the irrational universe in everything they see.

Of course there are legitimate symbols from Organizations such as the Illuminati or Masons. I believe that for the most part these are illegitimate claims. The Illuminati was a group of freethinkers who met in private in the 1700s and was essentially defunct by the 1800s. The Masons are just a society with secrets (note: not a secret society) and a rich culture of their own involving symbols. I hardly think that a dead organization and a perfectly harmless fraternal order will put symbolism in your burger.

Supposing that these secret societies are alive and kicking and planning on taking over the world so are recruiting more followers, then there arise the problem you mentioned with understanding the symbols. You say that you do not understand it and would not recognize it. That, my friend, is just your mind, and it would appear that the message was not for you. Secret Organizations would not try and recruit any willing hand from the street, otherwise it would be rather not secret... They want dedicated recruits to seek them out and be inducted by seeing these secret messages that not just anybody will understand and decipher. Why in God's name would the Illuminati induct some lardass who happened to notice a pyramid on the 27th Big Mac he was eating that day? They wouldn't.

The symbols you are talking about seem rather more like coincidence or the result of an overactive imagination. If there are secret societies out there recruiting through symbolism, it wouldn't be obvious, and it wouldn't be easy to understand. That's my take on the subject at any rate.

Nef

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Local radio guy goes off on rants every now and again about blue ovals. He's just joking but his point is valid. If you need to believe in a conspiracy pick any shape, symbol, number, or date and you're going to start seeing them everywhere. Once, playing poker, I was dealt a 2,9 4 times in a row on feb 9. Obviously the Illuminati trying to brainwash me. OP might be the first sane person I've come across in 2 days of skimming this site for laughs.

And y is it noone ever sees Jessica Alba in a water stain? That would be impressive

[edit on 21-8-2007 by acetrippps]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Assume an Al Qaida operative is living in a lilly white, rural American town and wants to hide himself, while at the same time try and recruit others to his cause.

I think symbols would be used to find other initiates. Say you in one of these secret organizations and move to a new town. You would go around town and look for these symbols, just probably not on the big mac wrapper.

Also, these symbol are mostly simple geometric shapes that are used by numerous cultures with multiple meanings. Maybe they effect our subconscious, or just created by our subconscious. I do know 90% of the time when i sit and doodle at work or school, not paying attention to what im drawing, its either a triangle or a star. the other 10% would be circles and spirals which probly have some meaning too.

Then, i don't know if this is the same category, there are people who drive around with laptops and look for wireless internet connections. when they find one they put a mark on the wall of the building so others can come use it.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If symbols are a language you would have to understand the language being used to interpet the symbols.

It would simply confuse most so they would stop thinking about it.

Maybe

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You seem to not understand the power behind a symbol, maybe this will help you elaborate?

Secret symbols & and there cosmic powers:
Like the ones on the US dollar bill for example are part of the cosmic
language by which spiritual being's make themselves understood to one
another.The communication between spiritual beings, no matter of what ever
hierarchy, is effected intellectually by means of the so-called metaphorical
langauge. The thoughts are transferred by symbolic images acoustically,
telepathically and by emotion -- from being to being.The langauge or the
spiritual beings, being imperfect, therfore is only a partial aspect of the
cosmic language. It is magically speaking, not so eeffective since the
beings do not make use of quadripolarity when making themselves understood.
The cosmic language is the most perfect language that exists, for it is
analogous to the laws, that is. it expresses the universal laws in their
cause and effect. The cosmic language is therefore the great fiat "it shall
be"

In many writings of the Freemasons and the secret societies, the lost key,
the lost word of God is much discussed.Rituals that were practiced by these
societies are now largely just imitated traditionally without their deeper
sense in relation to the cosmic laws being understood. therefore the rituals
which , in the days of yore had been introduced and practiced by genuine
initiates are, naturally quite ineffective today since the key to their
correct interpretations has been lost.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

I enjoyed your post and found it to be an intellegent way of explaining concepts and ideas on the subject.

But I have to pause and think, how would something so important and part of the universal song just get lost?

I mean how does one just lose a third of the puzzle???

Could it have to do with the calcification of the Pineal Gland and that whole inner world,

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
These symbols illustrate for the left brain how there is truly only one consciousness, one spirit, one God, and that we are all part of that oneness, but as I stated in Many FREEMASONRY Writings. Rituals that were practiced by these
societies are now largely just imitated traditionally without their deeper
sense in relation to the cosmic laws being understood. therefore the rituals
which , in the days of yore had been introduced and practiced by genuine
initiates are, naturally quite ineffective today since the key to their
correct interpretations has been lost. Due to mindless men performing the ceremony with no deeper meaning than the one they can comprehend.

Also Many humans have been conditioned to see and believe in a limited perspective of smallness. Elephant trainers of the far east tie a thin rope around the ankle of a baby elephant and throughout their lives reinforce the boundary of the rope. The adult elephant is fully capable of breaking the rope but the elephant has been so conditioned to believe he cannot, that he does not understand his own power to free himself. We are like those elephants, just learning about our self-imposed belief in limitation. Living with our limited perspectives of ourselves, we rarely see past our limitations and, as a consequence, we bind ourselves to our habits. Then the Habits become reality and all is lost in the sacred teachings. Look at home teh deepr meaning to teh tree of life and teh symbols within how many people can actually comprehend stuff like thsi not many...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
We are like those elephants, just learning about our self-imposed belief in limitation. Living with our limited perspectives of ourselves, we rarely see past our limitations and, as a consequence, we bind ourselves to our habits. Then the Habits become reality and all is lost in the sacred teachings. Look at home teh deepr meaning to teh tree of life and teh symbols within how many people can actually comprehend stuff like thsi not many...

That is very insightful.

Habits and vices are probably the two biggest barriers, in my mind, anyway. Not least of all because just comprehending doesn't mean you will actually live by those teachings.

I'm perfectly capable of understanding the concepts, but actually walking that path is not easy. I'm not perfect by any means, I struggle just like everyone else. Granted I'm only a Master Mason, and I haven't delved too deeply into Qabalah and all that but it's the same. Alot of people go through the motions without learning a whole lot or affecting much change in themselves. That's why the Masonic scholars (Namely Pike) talks about the "Adepts;" those are they that actually comprehend and are able to conform and actually practice True Masonry. There are lots of Master Masons, and sadly most of them do not live up to what that is supposed to mean; myself included, of course.

Your average Mason is no Adept... it's true.

That's why it's so funny for people to be claiming that Masons have some power or worldwide influence... Masonry is about improving the individual and thereby improving society as a whole, but most Masons don't even really know what it all means to them; how could they know what it means for others or use it as a tool to affect others? The simple answer is they can't, and they don't.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaDewd

Assume an Al Qaida operative is living in a lilly white, rural American town and wants to hide himself, while at the same time try and recruit others to his cause.

I think symbols would be used to find other initiates. Say you in one of these secret organizations and move to a new town. You would go around town and look for these symbols, just probably not on the big mac wrapper.

Also, these symbol are mostly simple geometric shapes that are used by numerous cultures with multiple meanings. Maybe they effect our subconscious, or just created by our subconscious. I do know 90% of the time when i sit and doodle at work or school, not paying attention to what im drawing, its either a triangle or a star. the other 10% would be circles and spirals which probly have some meaning too.

Then, i don't know if this is the same category, there are people who drive around with laptops and look for wireless internet connections. when they find one they put a mark on the wall of the building so others can come use it.

The problem with your theory is that the symbols are often too vague, so anybody could accidentally flash a "masonic" signal and flush out members of the secret society leading to the society to blow its cover.

For example, I might wear a sweater with a certain geometic pattern that my wife picked up for me. A member of the "masons" could spot me out and introduce himself to me as a fellow member of the society because of the pattern on the sweater. If this happens enough, the society would soon blow its cover as many people would be approached after accidentally flashing a "mason" signal.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
One way they could be useful, and I'm sure - no, positive - it happens all the time, is that the symbols spark an interest in the individual, then he goes to research and see what kind of information he can find on that symbol, and if he digs deep enough, he might end up where the symbol originated.

How many people never knew what Freemasonry was until they saw a square and compass and started searching for the meaning? *raises hand*

It was just mentioned on another thread about the band Tool; on their sites, in their music, lyrics, etc (yes, even in the music - music is just audible numbers), there are hints and subtle use of symbols of various occult ideas... plenty to get the interested and resourceful person going in the fright direction to learn about such things.

Just look at Danny Carey's (the drummer) website for starters...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
One way they could be useful, and I'm sure - no, positive - it happens all the time, is that the symbols spark an interest in the individual, then he goes to research and see what kind of information he can find on that symbol, and if he digs deep enough, he might end up where the symbol originated.

How many people never knew what Freemasonry was until they saw a square and compass and started searching for the meaning? *raises hand*

It was just mentioned on another thread about the band Tool; on their sites, in their music, lyrics, etc (yes, even in the music - music is just audible numbers), there are hints and subtle use of symbols of various occult ideas... plenty to get the interested and resourceful person going in the fright direction to learn about such things.

Just look at Danny Carey's (the drummer) website for starters...

The resourceful person could find out if fellow members were in his town by looking them up in the resources he would check anyway when his interests were sparked in a particular individual or he would meet the person at the next meeting.

For example, those "fake" masons that post here that are in the dark about what masonry is *really* up to do not use subtle hints to seek out fellow members when they go to another town. They use conspicuous symbols like bumper stickers or they will go to the other town's lodge and meet fellow members there or look up the members in a membership directory.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
hotpinkurinalmint, you are starting to see the light.

You are beginning to become aware that all Illuminati/NWO propaganda is based very clearly on horse manure.

You no longer blindly swallow the words and propaganda of Illuminati/NWO propagandists.

You can see that Illuminati/NWO propaganda is very illogical.

You are starting to analyse and think on your own, without the influence of anybody.

This is good.

Here is a link to help you:

academic.bowdoin.edu...

Soon, everything will become clear to you hotpinkurinalmint.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Ickey]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ickey
hotpinkurinalmint, you are starting to see the light.

You are beginning to become aware that all Illuminati/NWO propaganda is based very clearly on horse manure.

You no longer blindly swallow the words and propaganda of Illuminati/NWO propagandists.

You can see that Illuminati/NWO propaganda is very illogical.

You are starting to analyse and think on your own, without the influence of anybody.

This is good.

Here is a link to help you:

academic.bowdoin.edu...

Soon, everything will become clear to you hotpinkurinalmint.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Ickey]

I am aware we are exposed to propaganda that is horse manure, but I would not necessarily call it "Illuminati" propaganda. For example, if you turn on Fox News in the USA you will hear stories describing the "victories" the US is having in Iraq, but most people in the US are not buying these stories any more. The one form of propaganda we are all bombarded with is advertising. Again, it is not "illuminati" based, but often promotes misleading ideas to get people to buy things that we do not really need.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The resourceful person could find out if fellow members were in his town by looking them up in the resources he would check anyway when his interests were sparked in a particular individual or he would meet the person at the next meeting.

True enough for people who are members already, and already know what the symbols mean. But it could hypothetically be used like you guys were talking about earlier, as a recruiting tool. I'm not saying that it is, but it could.

I am reminded of a somewhat controversial (within the Craft) "marketing" strategy that included nothing more than a huge Square and Compasses on a billboard, with the text: "Your Grandfather knew what this means," or something to that effect. It's like the symbol would pique the interest of an unaffiliated individual, for whatever reason, and in turn that individual would try to find information about the origin of the symbol, and wham! Indirect recruiting.

For example, those "fake" masons that post here that are in the dark about what masonry is *really* up to do not use subtle hints to seek out fellow members when they go to another town. They use conspicuous symbols like bumper stickers or they will go to the other town's lodge and meet fellow members there or look up the members in a membership directory.

I'm unsure to whom you are referring, or if you are being facetious, or what.

I can't say 100% for certain, but it certainly seems that all that post here under the mantle of Freemason are genuine. There have been a few fakes on the boards over the years, but they are invariably called out and don't last long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join