It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behavior Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The newest weapon in the war on terrorism or just another excuse to detain and search people?

Source page

WASHINGTON — Next time you go to the airport, there may be more eyes on you than you notice.

Specially trained security personnel are watching body language and facial cues of passengers for signs of bad intentions. The watcher could be the attendant who hands you the tray for your laptop or the one standing behind the ticket-checker. Or the one next to the curbside baggage attendant.

They're called Behavior Detection Officers, and they're part of several recent security upgrades, Transportation Security Administrator Kip Hawley told an aviation industry group in Washington last month. He described them as "a wonderful tool to be able to identify and do risk management prior to somebody coming into the airport or approaching the crowded checkpoint."

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Source page

WASHINGTON — Next time you go to the airport, there may be more eyes on you than you notice.

Specially trained security personnel
They're called Behavior Detection Officers, ."

Yeah,, Kr0n0sapien a lil advice,, what ever you do when either getting on or off the plane.

MAKE SURE YOUR BLADDER IS EMPTY.

MAAAAAN they are all over you if you gotta pee real bad

hee hee

-=[conspiriology]=-

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
How ridiculous! BUT it doesnt surprise me. I suppose they got the geniuses of body language interpretations?
Like there is a "real" need for this profession?

I've never seen it as an elective subject in college.

I suppose next will be Psychics and mindreaders.

Wake me up when its ova.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Who needs people studying body language?

It is envisaged that the technology to use computer monitored CCTV systems to watch and judge your every movement and to alert security officers of any anticipated illegal act will be with us very shortly.
www.newscientist.com...

Big Brother and Minority Report.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm for profiling - want to get that straight - but here's the problem I have with this. An airport setting is probably the worst place to tag people based on things such as body language, facial expression, nervousness, etc. There's a good number of flyers who have to overcome a lot of fears even to get on a plane. I just see the potential for innocent folks to be stalked by security simply because their nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof just from the thought of having to fly.

You know, if you're employing some type of behavior analysis at a bus stop or a subway station that's one thing, but in an airport? I think there are going to be a lot of "false positives".

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don't think is going to be any help to anyone.

Most people at the airport are stressed, tired and in the majority of cases, trying to get the feeling back in their buttocks. Their behavior isn't going to be normal.

This is going to cause more problems than it prevents.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
thats jst wrong that wouldn't help anyone it will do more harm to those who are paranoid "LOL" this just goes to show that they've gone/or going mad with their power

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Having taken a couple of domestic flights in the last few weeks, I have to say airport security (in Australia) is complete overkill and a waste of traveler's time not to mention the amount of Federal money spent on this kind of thing.

Perhaps for international flights this may be warranted. but on reading articles like this and reading about the security restrictions imposed in most airports the world, I also believe many of these restrictions are also overkill.

Peace

top topics

join