It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China in the face of War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
China has always given me a bit of a spook, I will be honest with all of you. However, they haven't even been in a war since I have been alive and I still feel this way. There are a number of reasons for it, mainly revolving around their communist society I'm sure, however in the face of war China would be a terrifying enemy.

I'm not sure how much they really share with us involving their military, however I know that they are right on top of the 'arms race' and its obvious they have nuclear weapons. If they had it out for America don't you fear they would win? They have quite an enormous population, and on top of that they have an industrial production line for everything. They mass produce a ton of crap that we get in America, which is also scary that they are 'picking a fight' so to speak when they threatened to halt the US Economy.

However the direction I would like to guide your minds today is towards history. They say we can learn everything about the future by knowing history, so let's try it out. World War 2 lead America to produce as much military stock as possible. This means guns, ammunition, rockets, tanks, etc.. If China were faced with going to war with a national giant such as America, they would surely do the same thing. What's the difference?...

Whats the difference?!?! China's population dominates any other nation. They have more factorys and produce more than any other country. If this communist country were faced with war we would see a very different attitude then we do today. They would immediately turn all of these factorys into weapon production facilitys and could potentially pump out more arms then we have on the face of a planet in a years time. With a potential World War 3 looming in the future, will China be on our side? All I can say about that is "Let's hope so."

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think a lot of people here drastically overestimate China.

Yes, I will admit they are a powerful nation and would pose a considerable enemy in a war.

But China has a lot of problems too. The country's morale is rock bottom, due to the countrie's iron rule. They even have to gain permission from the state to get married.

Their immense population is also their downfall. I remember once during a geography lesson being told that the majority of their countrie's food is grown along the same river. I have no doubt that America's battlehardened air force could succeed in taking out China's agriculture, and the vast population would starve. (Some others on here may disagree with me).

Just my thoughts. In my opinion the US military are better trained, and by faaaar more experienced that the Chinese military.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by DragonsDomain]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Two points:
An army marches on its stomach-so as a strategy for war having a gigantic army could be a disadvantage,which is why China would probably try to rely more on technology/ICBMs and the like.

In "the art of war" it is said that the way to do it is to make your enemy believe he is your best friend,then when he trusts you totally-BAM.China have always considered America as an enemy,and the way they Trade/lend money etc could be in order to lull us into a false sense of security.All they would have to do is call in those debts at a time when the US economy is teetering and its goodbye US/western economies in short order.

The chinese regime has always scared me,look how they treat their own people-They would be an horrific enemy IMO.

Lets hope it does not come to it though,and hope that in the end the communist regime will fall and the people of China get a better way of life.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Perhaps change the title to 'Chinese Government is the face of war'?

I don't think the citizens have much of a choice in what their leaders decide.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The only way the USA will be "at war" with China is over only 2 way. China is incredibly stupid and tries to invade Taiwan OR we just go to war.

Taiwan would involve the US navy. How much navy remains to be seen. Others will claim we will just talk and do nothing. Taiwan has been a long time ally of the USA in a bad part of the world. We will help defend themselves.

Any other war with China will involve ICBMs. The USA will not invade China as an occupying force and China can not invade the USA. As was already stated, logistics would be impossible.

You have over estimated China and it's military. It is huge and 20,000,000 guys with rifles can do a lot of damage. But this is WW2 thinking in a WW3 world. You give me large troop concentrations, and you would be amazed at what conventional weapons would do before bringing out the tactical nukes. Their armor is on par with Russian, some good and a lot bad, but it would be millions of vehicles. A target rich environment.

The USA has a problem of producing and stockpiling enough smart weapons to take out a large force. Iraq had the inventory go to below levels all military leaders were comfortable with. A Chinese type war would be an immense use of resources.

The problem for this type of war is where would we attack from. If the USA had a reason for this type of war, I guarantee that an attack of some type took place on American soil. At that point, we would have "taken out" a city or 2 with nukes. China only has 25 to 30 missiles capable to hit the lower 48 states. The USA has a couple thousand. There would be a loser and a much bigger loser in this type of war.

Now, for your point on whose side China would be on. The only foreseeable war, and this will happen, that China and the USA would be allies also involves Russia and they would be allies, also. All 3 of these have a common enemy and all 3 are at war to some point already. It's radical Islam. China has problems in it's western states. Russia has all kinds of problems in the break-a-way states. You don't hear much of the Chinese due to censorship, but articles have appeared. Russian attacks occur weekly at best with suicide bombers or just terroristic attacks on something.

Don't worry about China and never underestimate your own military.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
US missile defense for Europe attacked by Iran

China, Russia, and Iran agree that America's position as the sole superpower must not go unchallenged, and critics worry about a new arms race.

Source:
www.csmonitor.com...

I don't think its that silly of a prediction that someday we will war with China, especially after reading this. Is nobody else afraid of China's power?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
US missile defense for Europe attacked by Iran

China, Russia, and Iran agree that America's position as the sole superpower must not go unchallenged, and critics worry about a new arms race.

Source:
www.csmonitor.com...

I don't think its that silly of a prediction that someday we will war with China, especially after reading this. Is nobody else afraid of China's power? Especially teamed with Russia and Iran? This could be the worst war in history!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't see what their problem is? These countries so busy worrying about what everyone else is doing, they're neglecting the poverty and issues on their own doorstep.

Oh well, thats the world we live in I guess. What people are failing to take into account so far are other countries. It wouldn't be USA vs China, or USA vs Russia. There are many other powerful countries who wouldn't stand idly by whilst missles are flying overhead - Britain, Germany, France, Japan. What is everyone's opinion on how these countries would act in the event of a war?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am a bit paranoid, but anyways...

I have seen chinese population counters alot here in newyork city. This is not uncommon, I have seen these guys before with their little counters and clip boards. The thing that gets me is that I have seen alot of strictly chinese population counters, something that is uncommon since there are usually teamed in pairs or by them selves. To see most "teams" to be of a particular ethnicity doesnt say much, but for an extended period of time. I mean maybe a chinese gov think tank is doing a study for marketing or whatever or the company doing them is a chinese coorporation. any one seen them? I guess its wiered when a newyorker singles out a single ethnicity being the melting pot we are, but If they hadnt given me this suspiciouse look I might not have looked twice. any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDomain
I think a lot of people here drastically overestimate China.

Yes, I will admit they are a powerful nation and would pose a considerable enemy in a war.

But China has a lot of problems too. The country's morale is rock bottom, due to the countrie's iron rule. They even have to gain permission from the state to get married.
Have you been to China.. they are known to be highly nationalistic.. and Morale is at the highest as they ever been.. stop reading blindly from the MSM. FYI, They do not need permisson to marry.

Their immense population is also their downfall. I remember once during a geography lesson being told that the majority of their countrie's food is grown along the same river. I have no doubt that America's battlehardened air force could succeed in taking out China's agriculture, and the vast population would starve. (Some others on here may disagree with me).
You mean China is defenseless ? And your Geograhy lessons is crap... there are quite a huge few rivers, because they grow rice which requires plenty water.

Just my thoughts. In my opinion the US military are better trained, and by faaaar more experienced that the Chinese military.
Of course, America has fought more wars than any other in this world... but has US fought any strong country ?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
China's Threat To The American Economy Is Real

US Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, just back from Beijing, where he gave China orders to raise the value of the Chinese yuan “without delay,” dismissed the Chinese announcement as “frankly absurd.”

Both the professor and the Treasury Secretary are greatly mistaken.

First, understand that the announcement was not made by a minister or vice minister of the government. The Chinese government is inclined to have important announcements come from research organizations that work closely with the government. This announcement came from two such organizations. A high official of the Development Research Center, an organization with cabinet rank, let it be known that US financial stability was too dependent on China’s financing of US red ink for the US to be giving China orders.

www.countercurrents.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
With a potential World War 3 looming in the future, will China be on our side? All I can say about that is "Let's hope so."

Nope, they won't! Too bad considering all the nuclear secrets Clinton sold them.

The Chinese Defence Minister gave a speech a while ago about the possibility of China going to war withing the next 5 to 10 years in order to gain more land. This is after the results of 2005 online poll in China which revealed that 88% of Chinese citizens are willing to kill you for more land. The target of this mighty nation was the USA, which the defense minister admited had always been their ally. Despite our good terms, by buying most of the stuff in your house "made in China" you are financing the greatest threat to our country, and the world.

The following is quoted from the HALTURNERSHOW.COM website. I saved this webpage to my hard drive, so I don't have a link to it. You may be able to search for it or email them and ask for the entire text, or I can email it to you if you want.

*** EXCLUSIVE *** MUST CREDIT HALTURNERSHOW.COM
Chinese Defense Minister Gives Speech About WAR plans against the United States
Says China can only afford to wait another 5 to 10 years before being forced to attack to gain "living space"

August 12, 2005
By: Hal Turner

(Update, August 24, 2005 -- This story is NOT Satire or presented for "shock value." It is real.)

Chi Haotian, China's Minister of Defense and vice-chairman of China's Central Military Commission, gave the following speech in a SECURE BRIEFING to his military leadership.

It was not intended for public dissemination. It was obtained by The Hal Turner Show via covert means through contacts in Shanghai, China.

Defense Minster Chi Haotian
Comrades,

I'm very excited today, because the large-scale online survey sina.com that was done for us showed that our next generation is quite promising and our Party's cause will be carried on. In answering the question, "Will you shoot at women, children and prisoners of war," more than 80 percent of the respondents answered in the affirmative, exceeding by far our expectations

As everybody knows, the essence of Comrade Xiaoping's thinking is development is the hard truth. And Comrade Jintao has also pointed out repeatedly and empathetically that development is our top priority ... The fact is, our "development" refers to the great revitalization of the Chinese nation, which, of course, is not limited to the land we have now but also includes the whole world.

Not only are the average Chinese citizens willingly to kill American (or other) non-combatants; they believe that they are the real "Master Race." Sounds familiar, 'eh?

As everybody knows, according to the views propagated by the Western scholars, humanity as a whole originated from one single mother in Africa. Therefore, no race can claim racial superiority. However, according to the research conducted by most Chinese scholars, the Chinese are different from other races on earth. We did not originate in Africa. Instead, we originated independently in the land of China.

Hitler's Germany had once bragged that the German race was the most superior race on Earth, but the fact is, our nation is far superior to the Germans.

Our Chinese people are wiser than the Germans because, fundamentally, our race is superior to theirs. As a result, we have a longer history, more people, and larger land area. On this basis, our ancestors left us with the two most essential heritages, which are atheism and great unity. It was Confucius, the founder of our Chinese culture, who gave us these heritages.

Let me skip to the meat of the speech..

The first issue is living space. This is the biggest focus of the revitalization of the Chinese race. In my last speech, I said that the fight over basic living resources (including land and ocean) is the source of the vast majority of wars in history. This may change in the information age, but not fundamentally....The second issue is our focus on the leadership capacity of the ruling party...What is the third issue we should clinch firmly in order to accomplish our historical mission of national renaissance? It is to hold firmly onto the big "issue of America."

This appears to be shocking, but the logic is actually very simple... Only countries like the United States, Canada and Australia have the vast land to serve our need for mass colonization... I sometimes think how cruel it is for China and the United States to be enemies that are bound to meet on a narrow road! It is historical destiny that China and United States will come into unavoidable confrontation on a narrow path and fight each other! The United States, unlike Russia and Japan, has never occupied and hurt China, and also assisted China in its battle against the Japanese. But, it will certainly be an obstruction, and the biggest obstruction! In the long run, the relationship of China and the United States is one of a life-and-death struggle.

The hidden message is: we must put up with America; we must conceal our ultimate goals, hide our capabilities and await the opportunity. In this way, our mind is clear. Why have we not updated our national anthem with something peaceful? Why did we not change the anthem's theme of war? Instead, when revising the Constitution this time, for the first time we clearly specified "March of the Volunteers" is our national anthem. Thus we will understand why we constantly talk loudly about the "Taiwan issue" but not the "American issue." We all know the principle of "doing one thing under the cover of another." If ordinary people can only see the small island of Taiwan in their eyes, then you as the elite of our country should be able to see the whole picture of our cause.

Only by using special means to "clean up" America will we be able to lead the Chinese people there. This is the only choice left for us. This is not a matter of whether we are willing to do it or not. What kind of special means is there available for us to "clean up" America? Conventional weapons such as fighters, canons, missiles and battleships won't do; neither will highly destructive weapons such as nuclear weapons. We are not as foolish as to want to perish together with America by using nuclear weapons, despite the fact that we have been exclaiming that we will have the Taiwan issue resolved at whatever cost. Only by using non-destructive weapons that can kill many people will we be able to reserve America for ourselves. There has been rapid development of modern biological technology, and new bio weapons have been invented one after another. Of course we have not been idle; in the past years we have seized the opportunity to master weapons of this kind. We are capable of achieving our purpose of "cleaning up" America all of a sudden. When Comrade Xiaoping was still with us, the Party Central Committee had the perspicacity to make the right decision not to develop aircraft carrier groups and focus instead on developing lethal weapons that can eliminate mass populations of the enemy country.

From a humanitarian perspective, we should issue a warning to the American people and persuade them to leave America and leave the land they have lived in to the Chinese people. Or at least they should leave half of the United States to be China's colony, because America was first discovered by the Chinese.

As for the several million Chinese living in the United States, this is of course a big issue. Therefore in recent years, we have been conducting research on genetic weapons, i.e. those weapons that do not kill yellow people. But producing a result with this kind of research is extremely difficult. Of the research done on genetic weapons throughout the world, the Israeli's is the most advanced. Their genetic weapons are designed to target Arabs and protect the Israelis. But even they have not reached the stage of actual deployment. We have cooperated with Israel on some research. Perhaps we can introduce some of the technologies used to protect Israelis and remold these technologies to protect the yellow people. But their technologies are not mature yet, and it is difficult for us to surpass them in a few years. If it has to be five or ten years before some breakthroughs can be achieved in genetic weapons, we cannot afford to wait any longer.

Old comrades like us cannot afford to wait that long, for we don't have that much time to live. Old soldiers of my age may be able to wait for five or ten more years, but those from the period of the Anti-Japanese War or the few old Red Army soldiers cannot wait any longer. Therefore we have to give up our expectations about genetic weapons. Of course, from another perspective, the majority of those Chinese living in the United States have become our burden, because they have been corrupted by the bourgeois liberal values for a long time and it would be difficult for them to accept our Party's leadership. If they survived the war, we would have to launch campaigns in the future to deal with them, to reform them.

It is indeed brutal to kill one or two hundred million Americans. But that is the only path that will secure a Chinese century, a century in which the CCP leads the world. We, as revolutionary humanitarians, do not want deaths. But if history confronts us with a choice between deaths of Chinese and those of Americans, we'd have to pick the latter, as, for us, it is more important to safeguard the lives of the Chinese people and the life of our Party. That is because, after all, we are Chinese and members of the CCP. Since the day we joined the CCP, the Party’s life has always been above all else! History will prove that we made the right choice.

Now, when I am about to finish my speech, you probably understand why we conducted this online survey. Simply put, through conducting this online survey we wanted to know whether the people would rise against us if one day we secretly adopt resolute means to "clean up" America. Would more people support us or oppose us? What turned out to be very comforting is they did not turn in a blank test paper. In fact, they turned in a test paper with a score of over 80%. This is the excellent fruition of our Party's work in propaganda and education over the past few decades.

This is commentary written under the above article:

HALTURNERSHOW.COM

If you get on the website using key words to search, you will find out that a while ago, comrade He Xin pointed out to the Hong Kong Business News during an interview that: "The US has a shocking conspiracy." According to what he had in hand, from September 27 to October 1, 1995, the Mikhail Sergeevich Gorbach Foundation, funded by the United States, gathered 500 of the world's most important statesmen, economic leaders and scientists, including George W. Bush (he was not the US president at the time), the Baroness Thatcher, Tony Blair, Zbigniew Brzezinski, as well as George Soros, Bill Gates, futurist John Naisbitt, etc., all of the world's most popular characters, in the San Francisco Fairmont hotel for a high-level round table conference, discussing problems about globalization and how to guide humanity to move forward into the 21st century. According to what He Xin had in hand, the outstanding people of the world in attendance thought that in the 21st century a mere 20% of the world's population will be sufficient to maintain the world's economy and prosperity, the other 80% or 4/5 of the world's population will be human garbage unable to produce new values. The people in attendance thought that this excess 80% population would be a trash population and "high-tech" means should be used to eliminate them gradually.

Ok, well our own leaders want to kill us too, oh well... Where I'm sitting right now is going to be a Chinese colony in 10 years.. let's go to wal-mart and buy 'made in china' products to hurry them up, I can't wait 10 years!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Mhmm! And you just have to take Hal Turner's word for it that that speech actually took place.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The United States has little to fear from China.

Sure China could put the United States into a recession but thats not going to win them a war.
Reasons why they could never win...

1. The chinese military like much of their population is malnourished.

2. Their weaponry and equipment is outdated. Current estimates puts the chinese about 40 years behind the United States (and the only reason theyre even that close it their espionage program).

3. The Chinese navy is clearly no match for the US navy. Any war would be fought on chinese territory. Any attempt at chinese troop ships landing on US shores is zero.

4. The chinese airforce is no match for the US airforce. Very early in the war, the United States would quickly establish complete control over the skys above China. Chinese fighters lack experience and their planes are 30 years behind US fighters.

The US wouldnt even need to put troops on the ground. Ships and bombers would level half the country without us ever putting any soldiers on the ground. And if we did later send in tank divisions backed by attack helicopters, whatever was left of China would be quickly demolished.

And this isnt even touching on using nukes which could put China back into the stone age many times over.

There is no country on this planet that can defeat the United States militarily. However, ironically the US citizens apathy and ignorance to the NAU might be its downfall.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog
Have you been to China.. they are known to be highly nationalistic.. and Morale is at the highest as they ever been.. stop reading blindly from the MSM. FYI, They do not need permisson to marry.

I don't even know what MSM is. I have watched countless documentaries all saying that in every village, town, and city block there are minder-like "Nanny" figures, who keep an eye on everyone, and you have to go to them for marriage permission, and permission to have a child. This way the government can keep track on how many children couple's have.

I don't know if this is 100% true personally, because no I havn't been there, but I'd rather believe documentaries (no matter how biased) than some anonymous person over the internet. If you can provide me with solid proof contrary to my own beliefs, then I will probably reconsider.

Of course, America has fought more wars than any other in this world... but has US fought any strong country ?

That is a null point. The fact that American forces have racked up a lot more combat time than Chinese forces will make them better prepared to handle situations which inevitably arise. And just because Iraq wasn't as strong as China, doesn't mean they didn't shoot back.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
*yawn* Another "finding-a-new-enemy-making-yourself-less-boring" thread. Seems like the radical muslims, Al Qaeda is Out-Fashioned and boring to discuss

Like someone pointed out, there will be a loser and a much bigger loser in a war between China and USA. "Only a few missiles"? Dude, wake up, in an all-out war between China and USA you can be guaranteed that neither Americans or Chinese will survive, not to mention if Earth will survive! And these nukes they WILL use. Thus the 'loser' will most likely not even exist to celebrate any victory.

@ViolatoR:
I really am interested in the source of the Hal Turner Chi Haotian's speech. It is quite peculiar you have the webpage saved, but no link or address. Yet, managed to post a speech that is so dramatic and huge that none of the other media channels ever reported! IF the Minister of Defense of China did say this, what do you think Bush and his masters would have already done and announced in public?

@DragonsDomain:
Haa, someone claiming they know a culture by watching some documentaries, please give me the titles of these documentaries, I am very interested to check who produced and directed it
Don't believing the words of some "anonymous" internetters, but yet you will take another "anonymous" internetter's fearmongering claims for granted

[edit on 17-8-2007 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I didn't bookmark the website, I just saved the page to my harddrive so when I open it, it doesnt need to connect to his site. So I don't know the original URL but if you care that much you can probably find it, if it's still on his server.

Also, if you can read Chinese you might be able to find the Chinese poll at the website it was hosted. "sina.com" Probably around 2004-2005.

China owns many ports on the American coast () which they consider 'military assets.' If the Chinese are looking towards genetic weapons to wipe us out, they dont even need to go to war. They can walk a barrel of bio-weapons into one of the ports they control, or right accross our southern border. Or drive it up the NAU highway. Or put it in a childs toy or some food, since despite the massive recalls, we love to buy "made in china." Didn't a Chinese company take over the inspections at ports which look for radioactive signatures? I think it's a Chinese company which is protecting our ports against.. the Chinese. The pieces are all in place. Its like that line from Independence Day, only not as lame, and more realistic.

Here I did your homework for you. internet archive of the speech. Follow up article says that the Defense minister was fired shortly after giving the speech!

Internet archive of HALTURNER web-blog
Monday, August 15, 2005 3:14 PM EDT
CHINA OUSTS DEFENSE MINISTER!
ABRUPT CHANGE MAY BE DUE TO REVELATIONS OF A SPEECH HE GAVE DETAILING CHINA'S SECRET WAR PLANS AGAINST THE UNITED STATES!

Just days ago, this web site published remarks made by Chi Haotian, China's Minister of Defense and vice-chairman of China�s Central Military Commission, which outlined horrific war planning by China against the United States. Tens-of-Thousands of Internet users worldwide read the text of that speech which is still available lower on this page as a story titled "CHINA'S MINISTER OF DEFENSE LAYS OUT WAR PLANS AGAINST THE UNITED STATES!"

Today, The Hal Turner Show has learned China has replaced Chi Haotian with General Cao Gangchuan of the People's Liberation Army (PLA)

While it presently cannot be confirmed that Chi Haotian was replaced for revealing China's secret war plans, it is clear he has been replaced.

If the war plans attributed to Chi Haotian were FALSE, there would be no reason to replace him. The fact he has been replaced indicates to ME that Haotian slipped-up in a huge way. Why else would a long-time Communist Party member and key, high-ranking military official, be summarily replaced as both Minister of Defense and Vice Chairman of the Central Military Commission in such an abrupt manner like this?

edit:Checked spelling! After all, a person's credibility is only as good as his spelling.

[edit on 8/17/2007 by ViolatoR]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Personally, if you take nuclear missiles out of the equation, which i know is hard to do but do it anyway, i think China would eventually crush the US. The US military has been shown to be severly flawed in Iraq, in training, leadership and even it's mighty weapons systems.

China hs an enourmous populaiton and would basically have an endless stream of forces where as alot of people in Ameirca are illegal immigrants so wouldn't even be on file to be enlisted.

Chinas production ability would outstrip the US hugely. I sort of look at the Germans invasion of Russia. Better trained, better equipped troops but time played the vital role, as long as China survived any inital onslaught on it's infrastructure and government offices, it would eventually prevail.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I don’t know if the article about Chinese Defense Minister speech that was posted in the HALTURNERSHOW website is true.
But interestingly I have find a CCN article date back March 25, 2003. It is not has menacing as the other articles but never the less still interesting.
The link bellow .
“China readies for future U.S. fight”

www.cnn.com...

kacou.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Personally, if you take nuclear missiles out of the equation, which i know is hard to do but do it anyway, i think China would eventually crush the US. The US military has been shown to be severly flawed in Iraq, in training, leadership and even it's mighty weapons systems.

China hs an enourmous populaiton and would basically have an endless stream of forces where as alot of people in Ameirca are illegal immigrants so wouldn't even be on file to be enlisted.

Chinas production ability would outstrip the US hugely. I sort of look at the Germans invasion of Russia. Better trained, better equipped troops but time played the vital role, as long as China survived any inital onslaught on it's infrastructure and government offices, it would eventually prevail.

Are you forgetting World War 2 where the United States manufactured millions of tanks, planes, etc ? Most of China is rural, the only manufactoring plants they have are for toys and dvd players.

And how exactly would China manage to transport troops across a 3,000 mile ocean ? The United States Navy is the largest, most advanced navy on the planet. I seriously doubt a single ship would leave dock much less challenge a legion of US ships.

Any war with China would be fought on chinese territory. US Air force would eventually destroy all manufactoring plants similiar to what we did to Japan. By the end of WW2, Japan was completely helpless and had no ability to fight or feed its troops.

No missile system can likely hit the B2 bomber or the F117 stealth fighters. They like in Iraq would reign down thousands of bombs each day. Or have you missed the last two wars the US fought ?

And if China was foolish enough to launch a nuke at the US, they would be completely destroyed. China has approx 30-40 nukes. Their accuracy is not even close to US technology. Its doubtful they would destroy more than 50% of their targets. Yes their nukes might kill a few million and destroy half dozen cities but China would be completely gone. Every square inch of China would be completely scorched.

Numbers matter little. See the Iraq war (both). In the 1st Gulf War, Iraq troops outnumbered US troops by more than 2-1 margin.

China is no Soviet Union and we all know how that possible war would have ended. Its no coincedence that the Soviet Union crumbled around the 1st Gulf war when soviet officers saw what the US could do. Iraq was heavily equipped with soviet gear and its officers were trained in Russia. Yet the 1 million strong army was utterly whipped by the United States.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join