It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Congress have to approve a war with Iran?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. In that case, the US hasnt declared war on anyone. If the US conducts a strike against Iran and Iran responds with an all out war effort, then yes that can lead to war but that is a risk that has to be calculated and possibly expected. That being said, that also doesnt mean the US is declaring war on Iran as it did against Iraq.

Many people on here try to draw the comparison between what the US did to Iraq and they act as if the same will be done to Iran when that is not the case. The US explicitly wanted to overthrow the Iraq'i regime which required an all out war effort. The US wants to eliminate Irans nuclear program and thinks it can do so with surgical strikes.

Clinton lobbed missles at Iraq several times in order to set back variou weapons programs and it didnt lead to war. I think folks are thinking something similar but a little more substantial against Iran. Problem is Iran will probably fight back but that goes back to the risk i was talking about. Either way, the US wont be declaring war against Iran with a strike.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
this is bs america saying the rev guards are terrorist to me it sounds like the us are desperate to go to war or turn the people against iran doesnt seem to be working.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
this is bs america saying the rev guards are terrorist to me it sounds like the us are desperate to go to war or turn the people against iran doesnt seem to be working.

I agrre with the statement but don't agree with the"LOL" icon. It's not funny.

If Bush and Congress get us into another un-Constitutional War, it'll only be another nail in the coffin of the U.S. Republic. And brother, once we get into full fledged imperialism the world better start really taking notice.
We're doing some rough stuff now but wait until we start lashing out like Napoleon or Hitler. Arbitrarily engaging in conflicts without any sort of democratic means of oversight.
People, both here and abroad seem to like to characterize the U.S. as a big, dumb, cowboy: occasionaly dangerous when drunk but fairly easy to fend off. That could change real soon. It's changing now. Don't laugh.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

I agrre with the statement but don't agree with the"LOL" icon. It's not funny.

If Bush and Congress get us into another un-Constitutional War, it'll only be another nail in the coffin of the U.S. Republic. And brother, once we get into full fledged imperialism the world better start really taking notice.
We're doing some rough stuff now but wait until we start lashing out like Napoleon or Hitler. Arbitrarily engaging in conflicts without any sort of democratic means of oversight.
People, both here and abroad seem to like to characterize the U.S. as a big, dumb, cowboy: occasionaly dangerous when drunk but fairly easy to fend off. That could change real soon. It's changing now. Don't laugh.

the lol was a mistake i ment to put ?
what you say at the end its changing and people think us is dumb etc whats chaging war with iran the us will have a major defeat

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

the lol was a mistake i ment to put ?

Ok, no harm there, simple mistake.

what you say at the end its changing and people think us is dumb etc whats chaging war with iran the us will have a major defeat

Think about what I'm saying here. I'm not simply beating the chest of American bravado. The fact is if the U.S. continues upon the path of imperialism, everyone better start to be afraid.
Iran? The U.S. has the potential to exterminate most of the world's population. That's not something I am exaggerating. And not something I am advocating. What I am warning is that the potential exists. And I am afraid that if the U.S. continues it's current course, such an event might not seem so unlikely.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

Ok, no harm there, simple mistake.

Think about what I'm saying here. I'm not simply beating the chest of American bravado. The fact is if the U.S. continues upon the path of imperialism, everyone better start to be afraid.
Iran? The U.S. has the potential to exterminate most of the world's population. That's not something I am exaggerating. And not something I am advocating. What I am warning is that the potential exists. And I am afraid that if the U.S. continues it's current course, such an event might not seem so unlikely.

yea they do have alot of nukes damage there but no way would the world allow them to strike countires in a mass advance yes america is strong as a country good army etc every once noes there will be war with iran just turn the tv on and tell me whats in the persian gulf america is dependant on there air power iran is steadily building there air deffence up they no there jets wont stand much of a chance once america loses air dominace then what?

plus iran has unlike saddam cruise missiles likely some will get throught and hit us ships they have moblile missile launchers hard to find at times irans population has high morale and loves there country unlike the people under saddams rule and the iranians will fight till the death.
there army/military is alot stronger than iraqs they have developed there own equipment and weapons.

irans army has orders to disband if an attack arrives there generals say we have watched what happend in iraq and afganhistan and have learned fromt here mistakes they have spread out building and military personal and dugg in tite they no war will happen thats why they have held mass country wide war games preparing for the show down, the mid east will be a huge war zone fronts in iraq and possibly israel syria and iran have a treaty if one is attacked the other to join meaning israel will be being flanked by syrians while hezbollah hits from lebanon we dont want that do we? if iran wins in my eyes there rapid advance will become to a stop.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

...once america loses air dominace then what?

YES. Then what?

if iran wins in my eyes there rapid advance will become to a stop.

Right. But don't make the mistake of thinking the way the U.S. is doing things now that it will continue that way. What I am saying is that the U.S. is rapidly deteriorating in the area of public control of the military (check out Eisenhower's speech on the Military/Industrial complex).
That means potential bad times for Iran. Reaaalllllllyyyy bad times, if things evolve as they are.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
well to the part when us loses the skies what will happen gues either iranian counter attacks or if there objective isnt met ground troops maybe?

but it wont just be bad realy bad for iran but basicaly everyone and thanks for replying interesting disscusion but i am off now got my gcses comeing through tomorrow

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Does Congress have to approve a war with Iran?

No.

Truly... the only people that need to approve a war with Iran are the coalitions financiers.

In the end, the fed controls the US money supply. Money talks and congressional bs walks.

The fed is privately owned by international bankers.

So.

If anyone has to approve the war with Iran, it is the international banking elite.

I suggest:

Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers - Robert Greenwald
America Freedom to Fascism - Aaron Russo
The Money Masters

All are available on google video and if you haven't taken the time... you need to.

I am,

Sri Oracle

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join