It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore is a FAKE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

Solar, Turbine, Geothermal and tidal.

Lets go, hurry up and build.

None of those can be used to power the entire world.....

Tell those people to grow some skin and feel the cold or warm for once and use slightly less effective, but less harmful, products.

Riight, tell all those people who die in winter, or die in summer due to heatwaves and such.....

Was someone saying something about "being an absurd person"?....

No, it isnt, and this is such an arrogent statement.

.... People have a right to think whatever they want even if they are wrong...that is not "arrogance".......

Well i have a few ideas.

1. Condoms and new forms of birth control. Also, the mainstream acceptance of Abortion.

Right, look at how well that is happening in China.... and go ahead and make sure you "force" those people from certain cultures who disagree with you.....

2. Begin the colonization of our orbit and the moon.

Colonization of our orbit?.... whatever that means... Anyways, you do know that the Moon does not offer a replanishable habitat for colonization right?.... there is no water on the Moon at all, as far as we know, and no GHGs to keep it warm for any life to live on it...

And there is alot of stupid people who deserved to be beaten with an Iron bar.

Wow, the anger... you don't love me no more?... *snif*....... want a hug?....

so...you dont realise he was joking?

Wow, yeah nice joke....

its the middle of winter here, im wearing jeans and a T shirt and its 2:22 in the morning

Great, want a cookie?.... Anyways, i guess old people and children should "grow some skin" too huh?.... instead of using energy to keep them warm in winter and cool in summers huh?....

Why are you wasting valuable tissue when all your brain can do is create sarcasm?!

I am not the one claiming people waste too much energy yet uses a computer just to post "his opinion" in a forum like this one....

remember that iron bar i mentioned earlier? i think you need it.

Naaa, that's ok, i don't know in what dark places you might have put that iron bar of yours you keep talking about....

Doesnt mean you cant feel bad for them.

....but i guess it is ok to want "kids and old people to get thicker skins in winters and summers", but instead "let's feel sorry for the animals who died billions of years ago"....

The next level. Also known as Crazytalk.

i can see that you have learnt that lesson yourself pretty well..

perhaps yo ushould be one of many who has received the honour of the 'Iron bar', struck over the forhead?

*does his best Al Pacino impression*..... "i can stomp you like a cokcoroach punk.... i am Tony Montana OK?....".... "you wants a piece of me?.... "say hello to my little friend".......

Or perhaps you are an absurd person?

I kind of doubt you even know what "absurd" means. i'll let you get your dictionary and look it up....

I will end with what i usually say in these threads.

Let's see what these words of wisdom are all about....

Al Gore started the ball rolling. He used eloquence in speech to give us the examples we needed to begin a global reform on technology and methods of power.

........ Al Gore is a politician who uses more power than 30 people put together, keeps flying in his personal jets, still is making millions from the stocks he has in oil companies, and now is making millions off those people who see him as the "savior of the world"....

Now people have realised that when sitting on a couch with your air conditioner, radio and Television on its much easier to point a finger than to change their lives.

Are you a psychic that knows what people are doing?.... Anyways, why are you sitting in that chair of yours just wasting energy writting nonsense?... Shouldn't you get out there and be trying to save the world?....

Al Gore may not be a saint, but he wanted to begin something greater.

Al Gore saw a new opportunity to make more money, and use a new controversial issue to gain political power by scamming those people who can't see the trees in the forest....

each person who rejects global warming and human influence on the planet on the basis that they dont like Al Gore is just a moron in a very bad disguise.

Humm, i wonder if it is not more moronic to actually think people would base their doubts on AGW just on the statements and actions of Al Gore, the president of the "Morons' Association"....

Its not just Global warming...its pollution.

Since you are talking about Al Gore, and since Al Gore blames CO2 mainly as the cause of the warming, I think it is safe to say you are claiming that CO2 is a pollutant....and apparently it seems that you alongside some others still don't understand that this world would not be green and inhabitable by any species if there was no CO2....

CO2 makes life in this planet possible, just as much as water does, or oxygen.....the sooner the AGW crowd realise this, the better before they start wanting to claim that water vapor/water is a pollutant too because it retains more than twice the amount of heat than CO2 does, and a lot more people die each year from water related accidents than by CO2 inhalation....

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

I don't think anyone would suggest we do otherwise. Just that we can if we so desire do things better. Be more efficient and be cleaner.

So go Ahead Melatonin/regenmacher, go and save the world, tell everyone what they should do and how to do it. If they don't do it for whatever reason just force them...because after all, haven't you been claiming that it is because of mankind that Global Warming is getting worse even when you really have no proof to back your claims?....

Again, who here is proposing wiping out humanity or even culling people. That's just silly.

All Essan is saying is that IF we disappeared. The earth won't end.

Actually...that's the "silly statement"....

Tell us melatonin, have you ever though what happens when the powerplants around the world don't have the workers making sure there are no breaches, or workers don't keep filling up the water tanks that keep the nuclear fuel cool?...

What happens when all the water is evaporated and there is noone to replenish it in the nuclear plants around the world?...

What happens to forests when there are no firefighters to help prevent or stop forest fires? yes, granted that sometimes they can't stop forest fires, but how many have been prevented and stopped by firefighters?....

Particular environments will recover. And all will be well. We just wouldn't be there. Knowing our own stupidity we might just wipe out large portions of our own population, we have the means to do so.

No melatonin...you just haven't thought it through...

Without humans on this planet within a week or so all nuclear powerplant stations will evaporate the water used to cool nuclear fuel rods, and all powerplants would cause thousands of chernobyl like accidents all over the world...

Forest fires will be rampant all over the world with noone to even try to stop them..

There will be noone trying to save any of the animals caught in the environmental catasthrophes which will happen once "mankind is out of the face of the Earth".....

And that's just some of the examples of what will happen if "mankind dissapears from the face of the Earth"....

Population will become a growing problem in the future. In the developed countries, we're doing quite fine. No massively growing population. But in the third world, it's all rather different.

Now, in many ways, it's not their fault. They are polluted by religious BS and have little infrastructure for decent birth control. And more kids can means more money. But, again, it''s a myopic approach to their problems.

I guess we need some country to get into the affairs of all third world countries and make sure that people follow to the letter the new laws that a "melatonin like dictatorship" would install in those third world countries....

If the sun does cool, then we should be happy. It would mean an offsetting of human influences on climate.

Wouldn't mean that human activity is insignificant though. Just that one of the numerous natural forcings was falling.

No, it would mean the AGW crowd has been wrong with their claims anthropogenic CO2 will cause temperatures to reach up to 7-10 F by 2100....and they have been exagerating out of their arses trying to claim "mankind will cause the destruction of this planet"....

Oh, and let's not forget that the AGW crowd have done this by emitting countless amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere with their speeches, or the constant inputing of words through a computer which uses energy half of which comes from coal, and killing trees with all the papers they have used to try to blame manking for Climate Change....

That's what it would mean... not mentioning the fact that the AGW crowd has never been able to prove without a doubt their claims that CO2 is such an evil GHG....

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
So go Ahead Melatonin/regenmacher, go and save the world, tell everyone what they should do and how to do it. If they don't do it for whatever reason just force them...because after all, haven't you been claiming that it is because of mankind that Global Warming is getting worse even when you really have no proof to back your claims?....

There is lots of proof muaddib. You just choose to ignore it.

I wouldn't force anyone to do anything. Compelling people via means other than force is sufficient, make it in their best interests.

Thing is, for all our expansive neocortex, we are still pretty myopic and stupid.

Actually...that's the "silly statement"....

blah blah

What happens when all the water is evaporated and there is noone to replenish it in the nuclear plants around the world?...

blah

The earth will get over it. As I said, if we disappear, the earth won't end.

Muaddib, you always seem to go on about how people who think we are having a negative effect on the earth think we are just too important in this big wide universe, our impact is just blown out of proportion. Now you want to claim the earth needs us, heh.

Don't be silly. In the grand scheme of things humans are just another carbon-based lifeform. The earth went along happily for millions of years before humans appeared a few hundred thousand years ago. And will do the same if and when we leave the earth.

No melatonin...you just haven't thought it through...

Why push this stuff to absurdities? What happens if we all disappear and have left the gas-hob on. Who's going to feed the dogs? Who'll clean the windows?

I guess we need some country to get into the affairs of all third world countries and make sure that people follow to the letter the new laws that a "melatonin like dictatorship" would install in those third world countries....

I was suggesting empowering and providing these people with the means to stem their own population growth. Who's talking about dictatorship? We don't have dictatorship and our population growth is much better than in developing and third-world countries.

You pushing it to absurdities again.

A good start would be to break the power of churches in these places.

No, it would mean the AGW crowd has been wrong with their claims anthropogenic CO2 will cause temperatures to reach up to 7-10 F by 2100....and they have been exagerating out of their arses trying to claim "mankind will cause the destruction of this planet"....

Do you think the model predictions apply to every single scenario that could happen? Predictions are made based on certain scenarios. That the sun will act a certain way, that volcanoes happen at a certain rate, that a 10 mile comet doesn't land on uzbekistan.

What happens if we have a major volcanic eruption every five years for 50 years? I think we might see a lot of negative forcing from sulphates. If the sun also happens to show a significant downturn in output, that would also reduce positive forcing from that source.

Ifs, buts, and maybes. The scenarios used in models make predictions under certain conditions. If those conditions are met, then they are more likely to be correct. If we have 10 major volcanic eruptions in the next 50 years, then they likely won't apply so well. I think they allow them at an average historical rate.

But whether the sun cools strongly, or volcanoes pump out cooling aerosols at rates greater than predicted, the forcings from CO2 and other human effects would still be relevant. Just starting at a lower baseline.

I don't think I've ever claimed we will destroy the earth. But I see you think it can't live without us. Awww, that's touching, heh.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
it's easy to warn us all and tell everyone what we should be doing. he can tell you we need to use less and i'm sure he's trying to. he has a large schedule and in todays world flying commercially and getting to so many places on time is not a possibility. so yeah i guess since their are no energy saving fuel efficient jets it must make him a fraud. wow he owns three homes? big deal i own 7 and if i'm not there its not using energy. no one there to cook, have on all the lights and so on. I rent a few of them so they use and pay for the rest. if someone is at those houses of his using energy big deal because if they werent there they'd be somewhere else using energy. The thing you may want to know is what type of appliances and light bulbs he's using because then it be good. those people in his homes could be elsewhere using appliances that aren't energy efficient. all he is saying is we need to watch how we use and waste energy and recourses. He states how we is trying to do just that. pick him apart but i'm sure he's doing better then most of us. the simple fact is there isn't enough products out there that seriously eliminate the amount of wasted resources. he has hardly any other choice then to use whats available. so invent it and sell it to gore to keep him worthy of good praise.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

each person who rejects global warming and human influence on the planet on the basis that they dont like Al Gore is just a moron in a very bad disguise.

Originally posted by Essan
I've been saying for as long as I can remember that the only real problem is that there are too many people on the planet. Almost every issue you can think of would be solved or avoided were the global population 10% of what it currently is.

It seems that the elite would have little resistance in such a population reduction scheme if Al Christ and the rest succeed in indoctrinating everyone with their human-hating views. I'm sure they see things the same way you do, only they feel like they own the world and all of us damn cattle are ruining "their"planet. Long live the NWO, right?

[edit on 18-8-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
We now come to the crux of the matter - guilt

This is what gore wants - for us all to buy into a big guilt trip, with him as the priest waiting to give us absolution for our crimes against the planet.

Well, sorry al, I was brought up as a catholic - I could give you lessons in guilt - the problem is, it doesn't work on me anymore.
I've renounced guilt, just as I denounce gore.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yo, you guys may be interested in the lengthy blog I just wrote up on Gore and his DU + terrormongering etc:
link

Budski, your op and this thread helped me hone in on a few subject

um, whats with the link code?
test

[edit on 18-8-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

mod edit: fixed long link

[edit on 2007/8/18 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You guys crack me up , except Octavious, well actually, octavious does as well. Sad but funny seeing someone who cant think for themself.

Its Spelt Octavius, for christs sake. I cant believe so many people can spell Octavius Maximus wrong, its not that difficult!

Well i dont think its sad but funny. I prefer to think of other people first.

HEHEH

"With more than 3 million posts on over a quarter-million topics, you could say "The Truth is in here"

1000 Monkeys with 1000 Typewriters. heheh

The only thing that gore wanted was to further his own enrichment and relaunch his political career.

How do you know that? What kind of Psychic do you claim to be?

but I don't care for characters like gore sensationalizing something and laying all problems at the door of mankind

Ahh of course. because Greenpeace should be a restricted club.

perhaps Gore was laying it at the door of mankind so Mankind would begin to change a few things.

I would like to point out that Gore says the word "Pollution" about the same amount of times as he says "CO2" in The Inconvenient truth.

None of those can be used to power the entire world.....

Wheres your proof? Houses with solar panels, wind farms...every little bit helps.

Riight, tell all those people who die in winter, or die in summer due to heatwaves and such.....

Was someone saying something about "being an absurd person"?....

Last summer we had 3 weeks of 50 degree celsius weather, for those who use farenheit thats half boiling.

This is in the city, not some desert somewhere.

I lived, so did everyone else.

human evolution has been stunted due to these kinds of technologies. I wonder, if we never invented the air conditioner, would we be more resistant to heat?

.... People have a right to think whatever they want even if they are wrong...that is not "arrogance".......

No, its stupidity, which is worse.

Right, look at how well that is happening in China.... and go ahead and make sure you "force" those people from certain cultures who disagree with you.....

Ive studied chinas one child policy, and i would like you to think of the alternative.

Imagine, Chinas population being MUCH higher than now. It wouldnt be able to take it. Something like the Bubonic Plague would come, i promise you.

anyway, if people want more children they can always leave?

Colonization of our orbit?.... whatever that means... Anyways, you do know that the Moon does not offer a replanishable habitat for colonization right?.... there is no water on the Moon at all, as far as we know, and no GHGs to keep it warm for any life to live on it...

Space stations? who knows. Biodomes, etc. Theres alot of answers which can be done but people havnt tried yet.

Wow, the anger... you don't love me no more?... *snif*....... want a hug?....

I only get angry when faced with overwhelming idiocy.

Anyways, i guess old people and children should "grow some skin" too huh?.... instead of using energy to keep them warm in winter and cool in summers huh?....

Theres the difference though. In winter a person can wear jumpers and warm clothes and they will be 'warm'. But people dont want to be only 'warm' in winter anymore, they want to be comfortable in 26 degree heat, at least.

I am not the one claiming people waste too much energy yet uses a computer just to post "his opinion" in a forum like this one....

Well im using a computer, and ive worked myself to be fairly non pollutant with my household. Ive done all the math and sent money to an organisation to plant some trees (and gone and helped on occasion) to offset the rest. can you claim youve done the same?

....but i guess it is ok to want "kids and old people to get thicker skins in winters and summers", but instead "let's feel sorry for the animals who died billions of years ago"....

People wanting to not be cold AT ALL during winter get no respect from me, really. its Winter, deal with it yourself.

........ Al Gore is a politician who uses more power than 30 people put together, keeps flying in his personal jets, still is making millions from the stocks he has in oil companies, and now is making millions off those people who see him as the "savior of the world"....

heheh, i never said he was a saint. He started the movement, and is now using his intelligence to profit from whats happened. Go him.

I dont see him as a saviour, of course. That is reserved for me. But i know he communicated the right idea to his audience.

Are you a psychic that knows what people are doing?.... Anyways, why are you sitting in that chair of yours just wasting energy writting nonsense?... Shouldn't you get out there and be trying to save the world?....

Being Telepathic would kick ass. But see above, ive already offset most of my pollution, have you?

Al Gore saw a new opportunity to make more money, and use a new controversial issue to gain political power by scamming those people who can't see the trees in the forest....

You mean he cant do both? Start a better environmental movement AND profit from it?

Humm, i wonder if it is not more moronic to actually think people would base their doubts on AGW just on the statements and actions of Al Gore

ive seen it on this website many times already "Al Gores a fake, so im going to go out and buy an SUV"

I think it is safe to say you are claiming that CO2 is a pollutant

So im not allowed to have my own opinion? i have to suscribe to a representative? no. im sorry, but no. I defend Gore because what he said was a step in the right direction, but the response wasnt big enough. heavier taxes on pollutants and more money taken off the military bill and onto the new energy R & D would be good.

CO2 makes life in this planet possible, just as much as water does, or oxygen.....the sooner the AGW crowd realise this

ive realised this, so did Gore. if you actually LOOK at his presentation, you will see that the graph shows how much human influence has influenced the Global Warming trend. We are reducing HUMAN CO2, the kind which is above the natural average amount.

The faster you realise this, the faster the world can move forward. if not, then you shouldnt be here.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
WOW! Ignoranceisntbliss! i am so now your friend! you can prove points using only the power of sarcasm and Photoshop!

Goddamn, your so fricking pointless it should be illegal

It seems that the elite would have little resistance in such a population reduction scheme if Al Christ and the rest succeed in indoctrinating everyone with their human-hating views

Alright, wheres the proof for this population reducing scheme?

wait, ill help you.

proof /pruf/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[proof] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
2. anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
3. the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.
4. the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.
5. Law. (in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.
6. the effect of evidence in convincing the mind.
7. an arithmetical operation serving to check the correctness of a calculation.

I know you claim many things to be "proof" in your literal barrage of badly written posts and blogs, but ive yet to see anything tangible.

This is what gore wants - for us all to buy into a big guilt trip, with him as the priest waiting to give us absolution for our crimes against the planet.

We have done crimes against our planet. how about Oil tankers? The amount of times they have crashed and spilt Oil into the oceans is too many (ie. More than 1.)

So, is oil good, now? Or should we try something better?

Well, sorry al, I was brought up as a catholic

Im sorry.

I've renounced guilt, just as I denounce gore.

You renounce guilt? You mean you never feel guilty anymore?

Wow, you must be a great person to be around.

Yo, you guys may be interested in the lengthy blog

No, actually. Ive become bored with your blogs, posts, and annoying wit, or witty annoyance, im not sure which yet. I know they both arnt welcome though.

Sorry, Ignoranceisntbliss.

I would like to take you seriously, but your use of your proficiency with photoshop to 'prove' your point just means i cant trust anything you say anymore. not that i really did in the first place.

Your arguements need some working on, you need to know your foe a tad better than you think you do. I enjoy watching 'an inconvenient truth' whenever these arguements come up simply because in it there are the answers to most of your evidence. You just forget, or ignore them. Or blow what Gores intention was out of preportion.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If the only rebuttal you have is sarcasm and name calling, perhaps you should try counselling.
I've heard it works very well for people with anger and emotional issues.
In the meantime, why not address the points raised in a polite and reasonable manner.
Or is that beyond you?
Then again, I forgot you're the environment expert who'd never heard of the little ice age

As for evidence in AIT

It's sooooo wide of the mark, full of half truths, hyperbole and outright lies.

[edit on 19/8/2007 by budski]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Just because he doesnt do what he preaches you mean that what he says cant be true?

sorry mate. i dont care. Al Gore was swindled out of an election by a man who looks like a skinny elephant and sounds like a traffic jam in slow motion.

He is a brilliant Orator, something i am passionate about.

People wouldnt be looking at these facts of his lifestyle if he didnt begin this movement.

dont go all judgy because he made the idea of analyzing a carbon footprint 'popular'

So basically, your argument is that he should tell everyone to give up their luxuries for the sake of the environment but he doesn't have to?

Would you listen and take to heart a mass murderer giving a speech against murdering? Or a full fledged carnivore preaching vegetarianism?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Hey, I saw a documentary on the little Ice Age that wiped out a third of the population and It freaked me out how "they?" can introduce something to us like this, and something that big that we were not taught in school???? I'd like to see a pole on how many knew and how many do not know anything about such a huge event?????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join