It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore is a FAKE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Everybody has at least heard of the book and movie "An inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore.
This movie is supposed to warn us of the dangers of global warming, and the horrors we face as a consequence.
Al Gore places the blame for GW firmly on the shoulders of man, and insists that we must reverse climate change.
What I'd like to look at in this thread, is the man behind the movie/book, and whether he does as he preaches, or (as usual for a politician) just wants to make more money off the back of telling the rest of us how to live our lives.
Basically, is the man a hypocrite, or does he actually believe what he's saying.

This is not a debate about the relative merits for or against AGW, although I accept that any look at Al Gore must take some of it into account.

Al Gore is a politician, businessman and AGW campaigner, he began his political career in the House of Representatives and the US Senate, before becoming VP to Clinton in 1993.
He was also the democratic nominee, losing a controversial election to Bush, and has carved out a business career, particularly in media companies.

He first came to global prominence after the release of AIT and the publication of it's companion book.
He frequently travels, to make speeches about his book/movie and the global implications of AGW, and has forged a successful and highly lucrative career from this.
Many political commentators believe that Gore really wants to re-enter politics and has used the forum of AGW to further his own goals.

But does Gore practice what he preaches? Does he hell.

Gore has frequently travelled by private jet in order to promote his books and various business interests - seemingly not caring that travelling this way produces more than 4 times the carbon emissions of flying by commercial jet. During one trip, he reportedly made, the emissions were 22,000 pounds of CO2. source

He also owns 3 luxury homes, with an estimated sq footage in excess of 20,000 square feet. source
I would question the need to own 3 homes of such size, and also question the environmental impact - 3 homes = 3 times the number of electrical appliances, and that's before heating, aircon, land usage etc is taken into account.

There are no easily verified facts about the types of cars that Gore drives, apart from the hybrid car his son was busted in, but it is fair to assume that away from the public eye, he travels in some style.

So, what I say to Gore, is this - practice what you preach, or keep your nose out of other peoples lives.
Stop using scaremongering as a political tactic to further your own career.

[edit on 15/8/2007 by budski]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hear, hear

He's a fraud.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Just because he doesnt do what he preaches you mean that what he says cant be true?

sorry mate. i dont care. Al Gore was swindled out of an election by a man who looks like a skinny elephant and sounds like a traffic jam in slow motion.

He is a brilliant Orator, something i am passionate about.

People wouldnt be looking at these facts of his lifestyle if he didnt begin this movement.

dont go all judgy because he made the idea of analyzing a carbon footprint 'popular'

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Its a shame most real eco friendly people who dont use lush amount of power, or gas for cars ect ect. Are homeless people, and most folks dont listen to what homeless people have to say about much of anything.
Big time people like this are preachy and up their ends with all this. I think most things speak for themselfs in this world, we are just to lazy to change anything about it.. Sure its good to recycle and think of other ways to find energy. But so many problems, homeless people in our own country, the poor getting less and less, while these people sit on their thrones and talk about issues that are putting the carriage before the horse.

[edit on 023131p://1419 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
he forever lost any of my respect for him right at the point in his movie an inconveniant truth, he started wimpering about is election loss, i mean what in the world does that have to do with global warming, absouloutley nothing, this guy is just a narcissist trying the get all eyes on him, all he wants is to come out the hero and come out with a big cheque

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Of course he is a fraud, alongside some others in the AGW crowd.

I could not agree with you more Budski, but to this day and probably for decades to come some people will see Gore as "an enlightened teacher"....a "saviour of mankind"...

Watch as melatonin, and the rest of the Gore crusaders come to defend their master...

He might try to ignore this, but this is going to nag at him and nag at him until he can't take it anymore, and then will have no choice than to defend his master an idol Gore...

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus
Just because he doesnt do what he preaches you mean that what he says cant be true?

sorry mate. i dont care. Al Gore was swindled out of an election by a man who looks like a skinny elephant and sounds like a traffic jam in slow motion.

He is a brilliant Orator, something i am passionate about.

People wouldnt be looking at these facts of his lifestyle if he didnt begin this movement.

dont go all judgy because he made the idea of analyzing a carbon footprint 'popular'

If you are going to hold all of humanity accountable for "global warming" as he has, and continues to do; walk the walk. To do any thing else is hypocrisy.

Given the evidence, I would say that the only reason he's involved in the "global warming" issue, is to make money, which he is, making money I mean.

Brilliant Orator? Are we even talking about the same man? Al Gore? The one who put an entire convention floor full of people to sleep? That Al Gore?

Swindled? Still, 8 years later, no proof other than hearsay, of that. That horse died long ago...get over it.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hey!

Lets shoot the messenger, and stick our fingers in our ears and all shout "LA LA LA" really loud every time the subject matter he brings up is discussed.

Thats really going to help, isn't it?

I asked this question on a few of the Live Earth threads and no one ever answered it, so I'll try again here.

Whats so damn scary about living a bit greener, and a bit cleaner, and looking after the environment? Why the incessant need to shoot Gore down?

What he's talking about doesn't just affect him, it affects everyone.

[edit on 17/0807/07 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Oh right....so he keeps using more energy than 20 people put together, he keeps flying around in his personal jets, then he claims that paying carbon credits is going to solve everything and save the Earth when all that is doing is squeezing more money into some rich envirolunatics meanwhile this starts a cascade effect in which new taxes are implemented, the poor and middle class will incur the bill, and at the end like carbon credits have shown it is only a farse to squeeze money from you and me and you want to claim this is going to help the environment?....

You want the Earth greener?.... The Earth has been greener when there were higher levels of CO2 in the atmosphere...

This lie that CO2 is a pollutant and is going to destroy life on Earth is the biggest scam/lie perpetrated by people like Gore just to make more money.... and most people now-a-days are too naive and too uneducated to realise they are being scammed...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yes lets. Shoot the messenger, I mean.

If you want your message to resonate with folks...live it, don't preach it one way whilst living another. Sooner or later, people are going to clue in, and judge you a hypocrite, and ignore the message. It won't matter whether or not the message is correct or not.

Mr. Gore is a hypocrite, plain and simple. He wants to be a leader in the (trumpet fanfare, please) War Against Global Warming (end trumpet fanfare, please)? He needs to lead by example, to do otherwise is to reveal himself as what he is, a posturing poseur of *ahem* global proportions.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Whats so damn scary about living a bit greener, and a bit cleaner, and looking after the environment? Why the incessant need to shoot Gore down?

What he's talking about doesn't just affect him, it affects everyone.

He owns a Carbon Credit Trading firm, and as such, stands to makes millions from the countries stupid enoiugh to have bought into the Kyoto lie.

He is a fraud, Kyoto is flawed science, and the complete man-made Global Warming theory is bunk.

You're right Neformore, it doesn't just affect Mr. Gore, he's attempting to screw the planet into thinking he is the saviour of the world. And we know what the Good Book says about false prophets.

Global Warming has happened before, it will happen again. The Antarctic ice records show it. Gore conveniently misses that part of the puzzle, and skims through abything that does not fit his model. Shameful.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

You want the Earth greener?.... The Earth has been greener when there were higher levels of CO2 in the atmosphere...

And there weren't any pesky humans chopping down most of the trees and covering everything in concrete and asphalt

Must say I've never watched his film nor read his book. But I get the impression it's about as accurate as a tabloid newspaper..... Takes a lot of time to work out the kernels of truth from all the rhetoric, hype, misunderstanding and misinterpretation.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Of course he is a fraud, alongside some others in the AGW crowd.

Watch as melatonin, and the rest of the Gore crusaders come to defend their master...

He might try to ignore this, but this is going to nag at him and nag at him until he can't take it anymore, and then will have no choice than to defend his master an idol Gore...

You're a very naughty person Muaddib

I'm pretty sure that Al Gore is indefensible - given the evidence it'd be pretty hard to stick up for him

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

:rollseyes:

I'd rather Gore didn't get involved, sorry to say, and I've been consistent on that. The science can speak for itself without someone inextricably linked with politics muddying the waters. Just a pity that scientists aren't so well-versed in media BS.

So, no defense of Gore per se. Smear away my little Rove-ling, means nothing to the big picture.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It seems there's no shortage of people condemning gore for the levels of hypocrisy he has:
findarticles.com...

Makes interesting reading - does the man have no shame?

As for green issues - I'm all for them, provided they are tempered with some common sense instead of the "we're all going to die" hysteria which has been inflicted on us for the last few years.

And gore? carbon footprint my ass

[edit on 17/8/2007 by budski]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
[play nice]

Okay, here's the deal.
Please discuss budski's post about whether or not Al Gore is a fraud.
Let's NOT discuss what other pro- or anti- GW posters may or may not have to say on the topic.
That type of remarks can incite more off topic comments and ruin a good thread.
Let's not go there.

This is a one time only deal. Further off topic remarks will not be allowed.

[/play nice]

[edit on 17-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Peyre

Yes....He is a Liar...can't believe people believe all that garbage..bunny hugger generation.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
OK, Al Gore as a spokesman for conservation and anti global warming is about like having someone as a spokesman for pro life, that keeps having abortions!

Do as I say, not as I do should be his motto. Or, whatever stunt I can pull to keep me in private jets and 3 beautiful homes

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Dont forget about Depleted Uranium weapons used by the military including under the "Clinton-Gore Administration". This is the ultimate[b/] chink in Gore's armor:

Redefining Hypocrisy: Al Gore's Assault on Reason & Depleted Uranium

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Al Gore preaching about GW is on par with John Edwards talking about a "war on Poverty". Tell me about the mansion you got built in North Carolina, Johnny, and your hedge fund money.

Back on track. I think that we are going thru GW, but I think if that there were no humans here, we'd be going thru the same thing.

I think man made GW is a bunch of crap, but I do believe in living as green as you can.

Anyway, don't bad mouth Al Gore or he'll shut off the internet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join