It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are they in control, or do they just try to be?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've seen it suggested in the past that secret societies (or a secret society) is firmly in control of human events. Some would say that it was the same society that has guided human civilization since its beginning, some would say that various societies have disappeared and their task picked up by others. Personally, I don't know. I believe in secret societies; I think their existence is quite obvious. Also, I believe that these secret organizations, when they constitute members of a so-called "ruling" or "upper class," can have an effect on world events. An effect, I said; control is something else entirely.

So I ask, "Are secret societies in control, or do they just try to be?" Is there just one? Or are there many vying for this control? Or are they perhaps all just trying to exert some influence on the world stage, bumping into each other every once in a while? My main motivation in asking relates to the dreaded "NWO." The notion of secret societies and the NWO usually intertwine; the whole purpose of these societies to is bring about "the NWO." I wonder though if these organizations have as much control as we think they do.




posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I am a goal oriented type of guy. My goal is to make it into heaven and let nothing detur me from that path. As a Christian I put all of my faith and heart into God and run with patience and his goal in mind, whether it's for me to die today or 77 years from now, it doesn't matter, I am ready.

So you no what? Let the secret societies have thier secrets. My faith is no secret, just read the Holy Bible.



posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luap
So I ask, "Are secret societies in control, or do they just try to be?"


Secret societies have no control over the ultimate which we all face alone. Masonry reiterates this point and "making good men better" thing is a legacy for
the living.



Originally posted by LuapThe notion of secret societies and the NWO usually intertwine; the whole purpose of these societies to is bring about "the NWO." I wonder though if these organizations have as much control as we think they do.


The notions are intertwined in the minds of those who don't know any better. As to the second question? Nope!

HTH



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
secret societies can not be in control when people like us foil there plots of world domination nwo will not win we must fight



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
secret societies can not be in control when people like us foil there plots of world domination nwo will not win we must fight



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
secret societies can not be in control when people like us foil there plots of world domination nwo will not win we must fight



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't see "Secret societies" controlling anything. Take a good look at the world right now. What do you hear in the news everyday?Those that you hear about every day are the one sthat are controlling everything.

All of this "secret society" boogeyman hoopla is just that, hoopla. Besides, I am not completely sure what most people are labeling "secret socities." If you are talking about Masons or the Rosicruscians, I don't see where they are really influencing world events.

Let's take a really good look at what is going on in the world. There is practically a renewed crusade instigated by the Muslims and Christians going on right under our nose and we, in our ignorance, choose to turn a blind eye to it and look for other boogeymen. The culprits are right in front of yoiu, and most are too blind to see.



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luap
.... Also, I believe that these secret organizations, when they constitute members of a so-called "ruling" or "upper class," can have an effect on world events. An effect, I said; control is something else entirely.


OK, that's a good starting point. WHY do you believe that "secret societies" have an effect on world events. What secret socities do the "'ruling' or 'upper class'" belong to?

What is your definition of a "secret society"? If it's secret, how do we know about it?



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
I don't know about you but I am a goal oriented type of guy. My goal is to make it into heaven and let nothing detur me from that path. As a Christian I put all of my faith and heart into God and run with patience and his goal in mind, whether it's for me to die today or 77 years from now, it doesn't matter, I am ready.

So you no what? Let the secret societies have thier secrets. My faith is no secret, just read the Holy Bible.



Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Secret societies have no control over the ultimate which we all face alone. Masonry reiterates this point and "making good men better" thing is a legacy for
the living.


I've also thought about that. No matter what is happening right now in the world I'm comforted by the idea that what happens at the end of our lives is beyond the reach of other humans. Even if a 1984-esque world was created and we were all in effective servitude to an authoritarian government, it is hard to imagine humankind will ever control its own mortality.



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance911
secret societies can not be in control when people like us foil there plots of world domination nwo will not win we must fight


By typing on this forum? I doubt I'm foiling anything, and I'm certainly not "fighting." Unless punching buttons on a keyboard counts.



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I don't see "Secret societies" controlling anything. Take a good look at the world right now. What do you hear in the news everyday?Those that you hear about every day are the one sthat are controlling everything.

All of this "secret society" boogeyman hoopla is just that, hoopla. Besides, I am not completely sure what most people are labeling "secret socities." If you are talking about Masons or the Rosicruscians, I don't see where they are really influencing world events.

Let's take a really good look at what is going on in the world. There is practically a renewed crusade instigated by the Muslims and Christians going on right under our nose and we, in our ignorance, choose to turn a blind eye to it and look for other boogeymen. The culprits are right in front of yoiu, and most are too blind to see.



I agree, partly. It's just that I've seen talk about all these events in front of our eyes being "controlled." Evidence seems sparse if not nonexistent, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Perhaps this "new crusade" was an event provoked on purpose by these allegedly insidious societies. Or perhaps the news we're seeing is controlled. I'm not proposing these as some serious theses, but rather just as food for thought. Anyway, as I said, I agree partly. If we cannot find evidence of some vast network of global control, then we should not waste our energies on it. Rather, we should work on the obvious troubles that we KNOW exist, like a surge in ethnic and religious violence or poverty or hunger or disease, etc.



posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
OK, that's a good starting point. WHY do you believe that "secret societies" have an effect on world events. What secret socities do the "'ruling' or 'upper class'" belong to?

What is your definition of a "secret society"? If it's secret, how do we know about it?


I don't believe secret societies in general have an effect on world events; maybe they do, maybe they don't. I don't know. I simply said that I believed that if a "secret society" consisted of upper class individuals, it could have an effect on world events. I believe this because the an "upper class individual" is generally someone that has political or economic power. If a lot of these individuals get together, that power could potentially accumulate, thus potentially having an effect on world events.

I'm not really sure what a secret society is, btw. What is the difference between a "secret society" and a "secretive society"? I guess if a secret society is truly a secret society, then we don't know it exists. On the other hand, there are varying secretive "societies" of powerful people like the Bilderberg Group or the much less clandestine World Economic Forum. Talk about the Freemasons or the Illuminati might properly be called "formerly secret societies," but I doubt much of a change in terminology will occur.



posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luap
Perhaps this "new crusade" was an event provoked on purpose by these allegedly insidious societies. Or perhaps the news we're seeing is controlled.


Well, if you look at the history of Islam and Christianity there is not a need to presuppose that there is some "insideous" society trying to "set up" Islam and christianity to realize what is currently going on. Both religions have done enough in their histories to alleviate such a suggestion. Islam and christianity, even though I do consider myself Christian, are centered around power and lots of it.

Look at the inquistion. It really was nothing more than an effort to rid the world of ideas that aren't co-essive with doctrine. I don't see where groups such as the Masons and Rosicrucians wield nearly as much power as Islam and Christianity do.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join