It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for the first time in my 4 year marriage, i am upset with my wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i'm pissed.
this is gonna be dumb to most of you but it is important to me.
i have been into ink for as long as i can remember and started getting ink when i was 13.
i have about 80% sleeves.

now, part of the whole mojo(for me), of having sleeves is to have the knucks done too.

now, a couple years ago i told my wife i wouldn't get them done...at the time, it was not as important as it is now. since then, i have gotten several on my lower arms and hands, and it would look much better if my knucks were done as well.

i keep bringing it up be for lack of a better word, she won't 'let' me.

now of course i can go right now and get it done, but i am trying to be respectful of my wife....thing is, i changed my friggin mind and i want my knucks done and she still is not caving.
she keeps telling me if i go do it, she's gonna be pissed and i'll just have to deal with it.

now, i don't want to upset her but man, i am VERY uptight about this.....it's throwing my whole deal off and frankly, i don't understand......i have my neck, throat, and hands done....what the hell does it matter at this point if the knucks are done.

very frustrated man....

*what do i do?

i feel like i am torn.

respect my wife and don't get them cause she does not want me too, or, get em and deal with it..

it's not like we'd be talking divorce or anything...our relationship is solid....she would be mad...i'm thinking very mad but it wouldn't last long and i would have my knucks.

thing is, i don't want it to go down like this but you have to remember, i have had a plan for my arms for 20 years now.....

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A woman scorned and all that.

You walk in heavy boots on the thin ice and you're gunna fall in.

Don't be getting all over excited about it, and then you can slowly wear her down! At the end of the day you both just want your own way.

I'd really like to get my little boy's name inked on somewhere. The wife should be ok with it as long as it's not on my face!!

If you can really show her that you really need to do this then she will cave in. she loves ya man, but she has to have a certain amount of control it's female nature. (They're wired up wrong) I'm gunna get some stick for that!!

MonKey

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

it's not like we'd be talking divorce or anything...our relationship is solid....

Solid according to you my friend, but let me tell you from personal experiance that sometimes when things appear solid they are in fact not so solid.
Let me also tell you that even if your relationship is 'solid', doing this knuckle tattoo thing will be like removing a brick from the solid foundation.
I guarentee you she will never forget, even if she doesnt mention it.
Women have a tendency to let things build up and build up, kinda like a dam, and when the pressure gets to much the 'solid' dam bursts.
Respect your woman. If she aint happy aint nobody happy.
Tats are fine and dandy and all, but a good woman, if thats what she is, is VERY hard to come by.
If I were you I wouldnt do anything that was expressly against her wishes.
Like I said, she will never forget.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, one of you will be angry, might as well be her.

Roper

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Well, one of you will be angry, might as well be her.

Roper

you're right

SR

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
lol what did your wife say? those rock btw the way dude seriously!! This thread woke me up to the thought that i'll probably end up a divorcee if i get married due to doing the same thing and get inked up even if the missus is against it or more peircings etc. You only live once might as well do what you want.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
nah, we talked before i did it....she has been telling me no for more than a year....she always calls me at lunch and when she called today, i just told her that i am kind of upset that she won't let me do it cause i have wanted my knucks done for literally about 20 years and it is throwing off the whole mojo of my sleeves.

we just talked a bit and she said cool, go for it....

thanks for the compliments on it...

dude, these hurt like hell. i am up to 62 tattoos now if you count each set of knucks as one.....it hurt, BAD.....if you ever are going to go get your knucks done, just know it hurts.

all worth it though....

wwfd baby?

edit* i am wililng to compromise on darn near all things and i have been compromising on the ink but, i have been collecting ink for 16 years now and i'm not gonna stop.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What does the lettering mean????

Roper

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I believe WWFD is What Would Frank Do? As in Frank Zappa. Am I right, BD?

Nice work, but I think I'll pass on knuckles. I still want to fill my back before I go for sleeves.

See if there's something your wife really wants that she's been putting off and reward her with it. You'll get so many points for that, man. Take it from me.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yep i gave up on the ink for about 5 years after i got married, too many other things that we needed. But now, with my wifes best wishes i've been given the go ahead to get my back finished at last. Dont think i'd ever get the knuckles done though.
I agree with MM make sure you do something nice for your girl.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
you're right major.

what would frank do?
the other is pretty self explanatory but that is a zappa reference too.
his band was the mothers, then the mothers of invention.

back then, round frisco, mofo(the full term) was actually like a compliment.
if you could 'play like a mofo(full term), then you showed prowess on your instrument.

she got her hair done today. cost more that my knucks.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission.

'Nuf Said!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
My advice was to talk to her about it and tell her how much it really means to you. I'm sure she will agree.... but looks like you did, and she gave the green light. Way to go.

Course if you wanted to go underhanded... is make a bet with her on something your sure you win, that whatever the forbidden thing is, you get to do it with no complaint. Then when you win... she has to live with it... and the beauty is she now has to agree.... course, um... that should be a last resort.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
My advice was to talk to her about it and tell her how much it really means to you. I'm sure she will agree.... but looks like you did, and she gave the green light. Way to go.

we have been talking about it but t is my fault for not stressing to her just how important they were to my sleeves.
we have a very open dialague and a great, solid marriage. thats why when i get these little qualms, i don't quite know what to do.

when she called me yesterday we just talked and i told her how it's important to me and that for the past couple days i have been going back and forth with myself about it...do i not do it cause thats what she wants to do i do it cause thats what i want?
i let it all out and she said if thats gonna make me happy then to do it...she didn't realize how bad i wanted them.

all is well now.....she got her hair trimmed and had highlights and lowlights put in...looks real good and cost twice what my ink did....

now i have to talk her into letting me get my palms done

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The skull on your right hand is AWESOME!!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
The skull on your right hand is AWESOME!!

thanks man....both hands are freehand skulls

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
out of curiosity what do you do for a living?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
out of curiosity what do you do for a living?

first, why?
so you can give me the lecture about how i will never be able to get a good job?

anyway, i don't do anything. i have a degenerative condition in my back that causes my discs to crumble. i had a fusion done several years back. they took out one of my discs and fused it with a titanium cage, a cadaever bone, and a piece of bone from my right hip....
it failed, so, i sit here in pain all day.

before i got hurt, i was a mechanic. i worked for goodyear and i worked for a chrysler/gm dealer.

good enough answer?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
pinkus, for the record, sorry to sound hostile about it but whenever the question comes up of what do i do for a living, it is almost always followed by an e-lecture about how dumb i am and won't be able to get work and blah blah...

i got it covered....if i ever actually get to have another surgery and it actually takes, i will be back in the shop, no problem.

as it is now, i give guitar lessons to a couple kids.....don't really make any money to speak of but i know their parents so i give em a cheap rate, i show them some fundamentals, and i mess with the guitar.
also, it gets kids into music and more importantly guitar, so, i'm cool.

if i ever actually get better to where i am at a managable pain level and i have a good range of motion, getting a job will not be a problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nah m8 i wont give you a lecture as im sure your old enough to know what your doing

Also sorry to hear about the back problems, hope that works out.

Just my curious oldself so thats why i asked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join