It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Sheriff Arrests Wife For DUI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nevada Sheriff Arrests Wife For DUI

www.wave3.com

An off-duty sheriff's deputy was pulled over and charged with driving under the influence -- by her husband, a fellow deputy.

Charlotte Moore, 36, a jail deputy and 11-year veteran, was driving her 2004 Pontiac Grand Am when she was pulled over by her husband, Elko County Sheriff's Deputy Mike Moore, a police report said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I watched the report on Fox News this morning, and to my surprise, 2 of the 3 commentators did not agree with the officer's actions. Excuses such as "He could have driven her home" were given. The reason seemed to be the sanctity of the husband-wife relationship.

I say, the officer did the right thing.

www.wave3.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Normally in personal/domestic issues I say it's none of the cops' business unless third parties are involuntarily involved. But in something like this... well hell!

I smell untold issues in this however. Perhaps the wife has a drinking problem and this was the husband's way of getting her to realize how serious it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Perhaps he didn't know it was his wife driving the vehicle when he was pulling it over for suspected driver under the influence. When he gets to the window and sees his wife he realizes he could get in trouble for preferential treatment and decides to play it safe. She can contest it in court if she wants.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
She shoudn't have drove if she was drinking. She's a cop she KNEW this. My husband said he'd arrest his own Mom if she violated the law to this degree. You don't drink and drive no matter who you are.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My understanding is that he recognized the car and license plate as he drove behind her. When he pulled her over, he knew she had been drinking from the odor. He told her to sit tight while he retrieved a breathalyzer kit from his patrol car. As he was walking back to his car, she took off. He then called for backup and the rest we know.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I love Nevada.

I suppose that's why they call it the Good ole BOYSnetwork around here.
I'd love to hear the gossip in Elko right now.
It's a fairly small town..I'm sure somebody knows SOMETHING.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

I smell untold issues in this however. Perhaps the wife has a drinking problem and this was the husband's way of getting her to realize how serious it is.
Me too! This has way more behind it than we know.
He's probably sick and tired of his alcoholic wife.
I think if this is the case, he did the right thing. I doubt this is a happy marriage.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Imho, He had no choice. If my lady was DUI'ing, I would have had to stop her. If not me, someone else, and preferably before she had killed someone, or herself!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
From a professional standpoint, the officer clearly did the right thing. Spouse's breaking the law aren't subject to special privileges, regardless of whether or not the lady could possibly have a drinking problem that her husband is sick of.

It doesn't matter if this was the first time she'd ever consumed alcohol in her life, she deserves the same treatment as any other motorist driving under the influence.

Aside from that, it'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall in their home and listen in on the chit chat about now... Let this be a lesson to the women who think cops look sexy in uniform, he's till going to bust you if you screw up

new topics

top topics

join