It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scamming the 419 scam--hehehe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The 419's are classic and although I've never been fooled, one morning I checked my mail in a blind rush due to being so busy and almost got worked into giving up my paypal info.

In fact I clicked on the link and began to enter info on the form when I suddenly stopped and thought: "What the bleep am I doing!!".

I immediately stopped prior to giving out vital info and reported them to paypal. These phishers had such a convincing dupe papal page it was scary. What was even scarier was that unless I closed my browser and reopened it they made it so if I tried to go to paypal I would instead go to their site.

Funny thing is I knew all the rules and all the scams but when you're in a rush and not thinking about it you forget that these companies never ask you for such information via e-mail.

How about the "International Lottery" one? Anyone ever get that one? First time I saw that I thought, why would I fall for this when I never even entered an international lottery?

Unfortunately many people do fall for many of these scams and that's why we still see them quite regularly. I think they're either getting allot of the newbie's to the web or older people that are becoming confused.

I cheer the OP's chutzpah!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
At work we get emails usually from a hotmail account were the sender says they have been on our webshop and would like to buy several items which total around 30k or so sterling.

They ask would we be so kind as to give them a total price and what major credit cards do we take and what cost of shipping to Nigeria.

My reply is that we do not accept CC payment for overseas only direct payment into our account prior to sending, never had a reply yet after that.

As for the International lottery, well the Holland or Netherlands if you like lottery now owe me millions of euro's since I seem to win every other week lol

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
419eater is probably the website that has had me laughing for the longest time. I heard about it on the radio a year or so ago, gave it a look and it just cracks me.

Its hard to get your man to travel, but you might be lucky i cant wait to see how this turns out, however it goes atleast you know you have wasted hsi time and stopped him finding a real victum.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That 419.com is sweet!
I once recieved something like that and just proceeded to sign up their e-mail address to lots of "websites" never heard from them but hopefully they got rather upset!

MBF

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I messed with one of these guys a while back for over a month. I had him thinking that I was going to the bank and borrow the money to pay for a $65,000 anti-terrorist certificate.

I would give him a play by play update every day or two. He thought he had a real sucker on the line.

I told him that when I put in for the loan, the Department of Homeland Security wanted to know to who and where the money was going. I told him that I wouldn't tell them a thing and we needed to get this done as fast as we could.

When I got tired of messing with him, I told him that I worked for the Secret Service in the Internet Fraud Division and that I would be paying him a visit in Nigeria along with the Nigerian police. He said that he looked forward to meeting me because he dealt with them all the time.

It was fun for a while.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Here is a copy of the latest response of our fish-----

Dear John,
I'm sorry to inform you that I do not have those funds available in that amount. I'm sure I can come up with some of the money (atleast $1000) on the 31st (payday). I haven't recieved anything from the lawyer other than a letter stating completion of the probate registry. I don't know what the registry looks like so maybe that was it. Anyway, I have always said time and money are the same thing. Maybe we could change the split if you could cover these additional expenses. I'm obviously good for the money after the deposit is made.
Also, I would want to exchange the documents for monies at the time of transaction if I was able to procure these funds. I'm not sure how to do this efficiently. We are losing a considerable amount of interest monies in the time it would take for me to produce these additional funds. Would you be agreeable to pay the $3000 and your share of the money would be 3.5M and my cut would be 3M? I know this sounds crazy but I really wouldn't miss the other 250K with 3M in the bank. I'm not sure what the interest on that works out to... but it seems more than fair.
Let me know
Sincerely,
bm

John Hahn wrote:
Hello,
I am very happy to inform you that the Probate Registry has been signed by the commissioner of oaths for payment to the Will. I am very happy because this document is very vital and will be needed in bank records after the funds have been transferred and the lawyer also informed me that a copy have been email to you.

All that is left now is for my lawyer to prepare the Will Certificate in your name as the next of kin and also begin processing of shares/stock certificates owned by Mr. Robert Rice. These documents will also state you as the next of kin at the time of the share purchase and this will tally with all bank documents.

So far I have spent an estimated $9, 000 on Administrative and legal fees remaining a balance of $3,000 before the Will Certificate can be processed.

As you know, I am a family man and have other responsibility which makes me low on funds at the moment. I am using this means to ask for your assistance in raising this sum to complete the procurement of the Will Certificate.

I have also been instructed by the lawyer to make the payment to their agent in the United States, Atlanta Georgia.

As i stated in my previous email, all expense incurred in this transaction will be splitted between us as i have kept to my words by raising the sum of $9,000.I need you full cooperation to complete this transfer as fast as possible.

If you are unable to come up with the full $3,000, I need to know how much you will be able to assists me with.

It is important that you note that all expenses encountered during this transaction will be deducted from the total sum after the deal has been sealed. I hope and trust that you will not fail me after the funds have been paid to you. I have spent a lot of time and effort into this and I require your trust and assistance.

Acknowledge receipt of this email.

Regards,
John Hahn.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
THE most fun possible;

-Mask your IP,
-Create a temporary .gov domain,
-Make it look passable,
-Email the senders telling them they are under investigation pending trial for fraud!

Who knows, if you're feeling ballsy you might even offer them an 'out of court settlement'!

Ahem, not that we do that kind of thing here, of course - as posing as a government official is a crime and is naughty. Nothing wrong (that ive found in said regulations) with claiming to be in a QANGO though!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
nyk537, if you want to get into eating U2U me. im an active baiter and love fooling with these Nigerian lads. ill give you some good hints. some of the hardest laughs ive ever hard were from making these guys squirm. they will do just about anything for money, its pretty ridiculous what you can get them to do. im active on 419eaters.com as well.

[edit on 8/21/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
another reply---

John,
I appreciate your patience. I have contacted Citibank and can get a sizable loan but it will take 3 days. Therefore, I need a final "total" figure that will guarantee the delivery of the documents. I plan to pay the loan off as soon as the funds are transferred from your bank. I have some emergency funds available in a savings for the kids. I can pull money from that account so long as I replace the funds " I prefer not to do this and prefer to use the bank. Please give me a total monetary figure to secure all documents including any possible additional monies necessary to complete this transaction. Once I have the funds available where do I send the monies.You mentioned an agent in Atlanta but did not provide details. I will expect a receipt from the agent and the Original Will Certificate upon transfer of funds. I plan to go to the bank during lunch to finish this by Friday. Please give me a total figure. After this any additional monies will be paid by you. I await your immediate response.
Sincerely,
B M

John Hahn wrote:
Hello Bruce,
Attached to this email is a scan copy of the Probate Registry and i advice you keep it somewhere safe.

Like i said earlier, i do not have all the $3,000 at hand and i also have financial issues that i just sorted out.

The earlier we make funds available for the Will Certificate, the better and time saved.

Regards
John Hahn

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
nd another --

Hello,

I acknowledge receipt of your email and all content well noted. I will instruct the lawyer to resend a copy to you as soon as possible.

I clearly understand your position in assisting me in raising these funds. I am not asking you for the full $3,000. I stated I needed your assistance in raising the funds to complete the Will Certificate. I am a family man and I have other financial issues on ground I am handling.

Well since you have stated you will be able to raise the sum of $1,000, can you make it before the 31st?

If not, I will find other means to make an upfront payment so the process of the Will Certificate will begin and make the balance once you are able to secure the $1,000.

I await you response and leave me an update once you receive the copy of the Probate Registry.

Regards

John Hahn.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
[

[edit on 22-8-2007 by airtrax007]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
[edit on 22-8-2007 by airtrax007]

MBF

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScriptKiddie
THE most fun possible;

-Mask your IP,
-Create a temporary .gov domain,

How do you do that? I would like to mess with them some more. I've only messed with one for any length of time.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
what i like to do is string them along. create a skype account or get an fax/voicemail account from www.k7.com. call them at 2am, when they ask for info just rename a .dll file to .pdf and send it to them. when they cant open it, tell them its probably because they arent using vista. make up anything, they want your money so bad they will go to great lengths. you can mess with them for months if your witty enough. at eater we do whats called a safari... its when you can get a lad to travel to another town and you can confirm it. usually because you tell them your flying in and need a ride from the airport, or get them to book you a hotel room. it takes some time to gain their trust to get them to do things like that, but dont worry, they're dumb enough to fall for it. seriously, if you want more info go to 419eater.com, they even have a mentoring program where other b8ters will help you out. its a good time, and a waste of a scammers time. the only rule is you shouldn't waste more of your time than the scammer. so just have fun.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
tHE LATEST RESPONSE--------

Dear John,
I have been to the bank and completed the loan paperwork for 3500 dollars. I had to have a cosigner as I obviously was unable to explain the circumstances for which I needed the funds and my ability to pay the loan back. A divorce made my credit a mess and it has been a long time fixing it.
Anyway, according to Citi the money will be available in check form for me to deposit/cash this Saturday afternoon.

However I have one final request. To be completely honest, I discussed these matters with my wife and we have been arguing at the idea of me sending money to someone I have not met. I have come up with a solution to this problem.

I know this arrangement is on the level and this may seem a ridiculous request but it will serve 2 purposes.

1. This will stand as a handshake agreement between us and a gesture of good faith on your part. "It will also shut her up"

2. I am a collector.. I collect stamps coins and currency and as you are an employee of the Bank of the Phillipines, I'm sure my request will not be to much of a problem.

Basically, I want a Dalawang Libong Piso note for my collection. This is a 2000 piso note and is currently the largest denomination paper note in the world and of the 300,000 produced,.. I want one. Preferably, in the cleanest condition possible. It was agreed between my wife and I that if I receive the Dalawang note the agreement is genuine and I should wire the money and if I don't receive it I won't.

I came up with the idea because I know you can get one and i was already going to ask you to find one for me anyway..... but she didn't know that.

This note will stand as a physical binding agreement between us and will confirm beyond any doubt to all parties the validity of this arrangement between us.

Please send the note to the address I provided you.
I know this is last minute issue but it is absolutely essential for the completion of this deal.

I will wire the funds upon recieving the Dalawang note from you.

Sincerely, bm

John Hahn wrote:
Hello,
I acknowledge receipt of your email and all content well noted. I appreciate your effort and contribution in making this transaction a successful and progressive one.

The total fee required to secure the Will Certificate is $3,500 which includes postage fee for all Original relevant documents (Probate Registry and Will Certificate) that will me mail to you.

I spoke to Susan(lawyer) and she informed me that her representatives will be leaving the US to the United Kingdom and there funds should be transferred to via Bank Wire Transfer. Find below is the details of their accountant in the United Kingdom required for the Bank Wire Transfer;

BANK NAME: BARCLAYS BANK,
ADD: 100 magdalen street, Norwich. NR3 1JB.
ACCOUNT NAME: U RICKEY
IBAN-GB31 BARC 20626860198579
SWIFTBIC-BARCGB22

Once the transferred have been done, kindly send me a copy of the transfer slip. Upon acknowledgement of fee by the lawyer,a receipt will be issued out to you and all document mail out via next day delivery service.

I have completed all paper work on my end (Bank related matters) awaiting the Will Certificate for payment to be transferred to you. I wish to complete this transaction as soon as possible.

Note: The sooner funds is made available to them, the sooner the Will Certificate is processed and funds transferred to you.

I await your response.

Regards
John Hahn.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
airtrax, keep nagging them. they will keep replying with scripts unti they run out of them. the key is to get them off script. just be careful with the route you've taken because asking them for money makes you a scammer and you can be legally held responsible as one.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I do believe I have found a new hobby!

Show no mercy to 419 scams!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I got this and are far to deep into it, but i have no intention to send any money.
What should i do.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My buddy almost got scammed outta his Jeep by these Nigerian F$%#.

He had it advertised for sale in the money saver and they contacted him, wanting to pay him top dollar to ship the Jeep over to them in London I think it was.

He strung them along for a while knowing it was a fraud deal, finally I spoke with one on the phone, posing as my friends representative and turning the heat on him we got them sissy bastages to stutter and bumble till I finally laid into him.

Never heard another thing gain.....buncha candy boy milky lickers!!!!

I wish I could get my hands on 'em....

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Man this is way too cool. Now all i have to do is wait for my next scam email but for some reason i dont really receive any anymore.

I am ex military however my proffession now is a fraud investigator and i now work for a well known UK bank. I am sure i could have lots of fun with these guys it would be like homework but FUN

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join