It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 members of Kurdish sect Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

200 members of Kurdish sect Killed

news.bbc.co.uk

At least 200 people have been killed in a series of bombings apparently aimed at a Kurdish religious minority group in northern Iraq, officials say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is disgracefull and cannot be allowed to continue

200 people killed because they were members of a special sect
Disgracefull

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

This is disgracefull and cannot be allowed to continue

200 people killed because they were members of a special sect
Disgracefull

news.bbc.co.uk

Isn't this one of the "reasons" the US invaded Iraq, because of crimes committed against the Kurds by Hussein? Seems the military is really doing its job over there liberating the Iraqi's from their awful dictator. At least those people had running water with Hussein in power.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
At least 250 now
www.jpost.com...

Its probably gonna rise to 300. All this for one girl getting stoned?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So wait when the Kurds, and Turks killed 2/3 of the Assyrian population, and 2/3 of the Armenian population no one even cared. Once 150 Kurds died
everyone is crying to save them? Hmmm, sounds like Kurds needs less help
then my fellow people need.

Kurds have about 30 million people, Assyrians only have about 3 million and
they are still decreasing because of attacks in Iraq.

"As a result of persecution in the wake of the First World War, there is now a significant Assyrian diaspora. Major events included the Islamic revolution in Iran, the Simele massacre, and the Assyrian genocide that occurred under Ottoman Turkish rule in the early 1900s. The latest event to hit the Assyrian community is the war in Iraq; of the one million or more Iraqis reported by the United Nations to have fled, forty percent are Assyrian, despite Assyrians comprising only three to five percent of the Iraqi population."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A quite atrocious attack, all because a young boy had previously switched to Islam as his religion, becasue he fell in love with a muslim girl who was then stoned to death. Hmmm What a lovely religion Islam is, really brings out the best in people. Religion needs to be put down, period.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Is this the main news story on the American mainstream media? It is here in the U.K, and is being portrayed as an example on how the U.S surge is failing. How is it being portrayed your side of the pond?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I notice on the usa news lately they have changed stance on the surge, trying to con people its working. But if you see the alternative news you know its not. Its interesting to see that you say the uk news says its not working, are they doing that for there own troops.

Shocking stuff like this, and its still amzing that usa even have the will to say the surge is working, how do you contain millions of people, with just a few more thousand troops.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
260 dead now. This has to be al-Qaeda.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
[edit on 15-8-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Is this the main news story on the American mainstream media?

You mean in our propaganda ridden media, well we have to feel sorry for the killed people because Islam is so evil.

Plus the littler love story adds some soap-opera memento to it also.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I heard it was 500 on the radio...!!!!

I check drudge i can't find info..

Now i see its 500 killed in suicede bombs now!!! It says Al-Quidia is funding terror to attack the Kurds... WHY... is it becuase Kurds help us.. because the kurds want to unite Iraq, but what is going on here...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Cnn now confirmes the death toll is 500. probably because a lot of houses collapsed.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Now i see its 500 killed in suicede bombs now!!! It says Al-Quidia is funding terror to attack the Kurds... WHY... is it becuase Kurds help us.. because the kurds want to unite Iraq, but what is going on here...

Are you sure about that? There was an article on 60 Minutes recently which says just the opposite. The video ias available, and here is an excerpt from the article:

Try to imagine a peaceful and stable Iraq where business is booming and Americans are beloved. Now open your eyes because 60 Minutes is going to take you to a part of Iraq which fits that description: it's called Kurdistan.

Technically, it's inside Iraq but the Kurds who live there behave as if they already live in a separate state. As correspondent Bob Simon reports, they have their own prime minister, their own army, their own border patrol—even their own flag. And the overwhelming majority of Kurds will tell you they want nothing to do with Baghdad and the rest of Iraq.

www.cbsnews.com...

Emphasis added.

I think that the referendum mentioned in the OP will show the Yazidi voting to join the Kurds, when it is held.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Current estimates say the bombs killed up to 500 people, which would be the highest single death toll from one single attack in Iraq since the start of the war, and the second deadliest suicide attack ever, behind the September 11, 2001 attacks in the United States.
en.wikipedia.org...

Al-Qaedas work, no doubt.

top topics

join