It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulletproof Backpacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted anywhere around here.

Saw this on TV a few nights ago and thought, "How terrible is it that we live in a world where children need bulletproof backpacks to feel safer at school?"

The brainchild of this one-of-a-kind book-bag (that looks just like a regular backpack like the ones pictured) came about after the shooting rampage at Colorado's Columbine High School prompted a couple of Boston-area fathers to come up with a way to protect their kids if a gunman ever attacked their school. The result was a $175 (US) schoolbag with a bulletproof lining.

And here's the link to the full story.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by synappz]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I saw a story an interview on this subject a few days ago. Who would have thought an idea as this would even be given a thought 10 years ago.

The designer basically said parents can work to fix the situation by whatever method they feel is right but his children will have a defense mechanism.

Today's world is very different than the one I grew up in. I feel for the children.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
so......are kids with this thing suppose to feel normal when evryone gets to school in september with cool trappers and pens and stuff, while their parents are worried the rest of them are going to kill them. What are they supposed to do curl up in a ball and put the thing over their head like an ostrage. It seems a little dumb to me. they'd be safer at home if you're that worried!

[edit on 16-8-2007 by newyorkee]

new topics

join