It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah warns Israel against attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

BEIRUT, Lebanon - The leader of the militant Hezbollah group warned Israel on Tuesday it would face a "big surprise" that could shake the entire Mideast if it invades Lebanon again.

In a speech to mark the one-year anniversary of the cease-fire that ended last summer's war between Israel and Hezbollah, Sheik Hassan Nasrallah also reiterated claims that his group possessed rockets that can reach any area deep in the Jewish state.
Full Article

So what do you guys think about this threat? Are they just playing the bluff
card? or might they have missiles that could shake Israel up?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It is public knowledge that since the completion of last summer's war that massive amounts of weapons have been flooding through Syria into Hezbollah hands in Lebanon. It is likely that some of these weapons include longer range munitions, because they will be sure to make improvements and adjustments to their battle plan after all they learned in 2006. I think Iran is the major player here.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
LOL-Israel attacking someone with Olmert in charge? I dont think so. He is the biggest wussy of a leader that Israel ahs ever had. I dont think Israel will be attacking anyone as long as he is at the helm.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I dont think Israel will be attacking anyone as long as he is at the helm.

which for some people who dont like to see
thousends of people being killed and made homeless as a good sign

you should really change your name to Princeofwar

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think Hez recieved iranian made Rapier air defence systems.

According to Debeka they are the Rapier-2 models which i'm not exactly sure but are something similar to Rapier-FSC? Any body have any more clarification to what model this would be.

Any way here it is :

Hizballah Has Missiles for Downing Israeli Warplanes One Year after Lebanon War

DEBKAfile Exclusive Military Report

Another major difference between then and now is that Hizballah has established its first air defense unit armed with ground-to-air shoulder-borne Strela-7 missiles and the mobile Rapier 2s.

www.debka.com...

Debeka is quite unreliable most of the time with it's information so we may not know what they really have. To be fair i wouldn't be surprised if they did actuall have these.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Like i said earlier, why does Hezbo issue such statements? Israel isnt going to attack anyone with Olmert atb the helm. I mean Israel barely fought back last year during the war.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Like i said earlier, why does Hezbo issue such statements? Israel isnt going to attack anyone with Olmert atb the helm. I mean Israel barely fought back last year during the war.

littering farms and so on with cluster bombs?
destroying infrontstructure, things which are proteced under the International laws at a time of war?

are you sure Israel didnt fight back?

because those thousends dead and countless thousend homeless say diffrent
compared to the couple Israeli (most military) and a few homes

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think those bombs were dropped by birds. I believe this threat is going to
change from Lebanon to any Muslim nation. Just wait and see in time what
the outcome will be.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Um....yes even with the cluster bombs etc, Israel was barley fighting back. Be glad thats all it was, because it could have been MUCH worse with full scale invasion and holding nothing back if that conflict was led under different leadership. That was an extremely restrained campaign on Israels part.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Um....yes even with the cluster bombs etc, Israel was barley fighting back. Be glad thats all it was, because it could have been MUCH worse with full scale invasion and holding nothing back if that conflict was led under different leadership. That was an extremely restrained campaign on Israels part.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by princeofpeace]

Yea they could always break out the bulldozers and run over another peace activist armed with a sign and possibly a bullhorn, then back up and run over her again.

She looked very dangerous huh?

I have no idea where the "Orson Wells" thing came from lol.

"[Between 16:45 and 17:00], one bulldozer, serial number 949623, began to work near the house of a physician who is a friend of ours ... Rachel sat down in the pathway of the bulldozer ... [It] continued driving forward headed straight for Rachel. When it got so close that it was moving the earth beneath her, she climbed onto the pile of rubble being pushed by the bulldozer. She got so high onto it that she was at eye-level with the cab of the bulldozer ... Despite this, he continued forward, which pulled her legs into the pile of rubble, and pulled her down out of view of the driver ... We ran towards him, and waved our arms and shouted, one activist with the megaphone. But [he] continued forward, until Rachel was underneath the central section of the bulldozer ... Despite the obviousness of her position, the bulldozer began to reverse, without lifting its blade, and drug [sic] the blade over her body again. He continued to reverse until he was on the boarder [sic] strip, about 100 meters away, and left her crushed body in the sand. Three activists ran to her and began administering first-responder medical treatment ... She said, "My back is broken!" but nothing else ..

Israel got their ass kicked in the offensive that you guys are talking about and the world knows it.
Dont think for a second that I am a supporter of Hezbollah, In fact I am against all terrorism, including the state sponsored terrorism that Israel practices.

Edited to add the source page

[edit on 8/16/2007 by Kr0n0s]

Mod edit: Removed the 'Orson Wells' bb code from a Halloween long past.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
For "not fighting back" Israel sure managed to kill quite a few Lebanese civilians

Hezbollah fighters, not so much...

Israel got their behinds kicked, not because "Olmert is a wimp", but because they tried to fight a conventional war against an unconventional enemy, on hostile territory. Funny thing is, had Israel focused on Hezbollah instead of the Lebanese in general, they might have found some allies, as Hezbollah is not exactly universally loved in Lebanon. But they lost their chance at that once bombs started falling in downtown Beiruit.

Not only did they fail to seriously damage Hezbollah, they made them look like heroes to the Lebanese and made them more powerful by far than before in Lebanese politics.

[edit on 8/16/07 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Theres nothing heroic about cowards shooting rockets at innocent civilians on purpose. Israel does not purposely target civilians, accidental killings of civilians and damage to non military targets is a reality of modern warfare.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Theres nothing heroic about cowards shooting rockets at innocent civilians on purpose. Israel does not purposely target civilians, accidental killings of civilians and damage to non military targets is a reality of modern warfare.

how can you accidently blow up a fuel depo? and cause a envirometal disaster?
how can you accidently destroy an air port runway?
how can you accidently drop thousends of cluster bombs on cuvilian farms
how can you accidently destroy so many homes with state of the art missiles?
how can you accidently kill 3000+ cuvilians and only a handfull of their intended targets?

Israel must have sent their most mentaly challanged piolets if all those were accidents,

and on hazbullah atleast they didnt destroy israels infrontstructure, kill a couple thousend israelis and destroy a couple thousend homes

and not kill more then 3000 cuvilians/
supprisngly cuvilian death to miliatry is lower then the actions israel took.

so to you they may be cowards but they killed more miliatary personale to cuvilians which was only a handfull.

modern war fare has rules which israel doesnt follow, but they expect the rules to be followed for them

[edit on 16-8-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Israel does not purposely target civilians, accidental killings of civilians and damage to non military targets is a reality of modern warfare.

If they don't "purposely target civilians" then they must be totally incompetent, because they sure killed a whole hell of a lot of them

Many more civilians, by the way, than Hezbollah's rockets managed to kill.

Don't kid yourself - Israel clearly intentionally targeted civilian targets during the 2006 Lebanon War, including gas stations, bridges, civilian vehicles etc...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Statements made at the time by the Israeli's made it quite clear they deliberately were targeting civilian infrastructure.

On the back of that, I really don't see how anyone can claim Israel didn't target civilians deliberately, seeing as civilians tend to occupy or use civilian infrastructure.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Israel thought by bombing the hell out of Lebanon, the good people would get angry and kick out Hezbollah. It didn't work, and now there even more powerful. Israel does have a right to protect it's self from terrorism, but it doesn't help itself one bit with the tactics it uses. Israel is the same as the USA with it's current polices, there unsustainable and they're leaving themselves isolated. As he the Badboy agent says in the Matrix it's inevitable that Israel will suffer sometime in the future for all her wrong doings, and I'm afraid not many countries will have any Sympathy.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Israel used a fraction of its forces both personnel and equipment. It was a campaign limited in military action by politics. They did NOT even come close to fully unleasehing their military might. Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluded.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
All these years of Israel kicking ass with there fancy army has made her complacent, her enemies have regrouped, trained and armed up, there battle hardened men who will gladly die for the cause. Israel with her splendid army could kick ass, but with major losses. And if fighting on more than 1 front could find herself in dire trouble.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Israel's army hasnt gotten complacent, it takes it orders from its leadership and its leadership is undecisive and weak. Point blank. Its that simple. Israel can fight off any of its surrounding enemies but it must be given a complete green light to do so...not a yellow caution light.

Even Nasrallah himnself admitted that if the war went on few a few more days then they would have capitulated. The ONLY reason Israel didnt completely annihilate Hezbo is because it was trying to do a balancing act of not starting a wider regional war which would have happened if Israel had chosen so.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Uh-huh...

Israel had very clearly defined goals at the beginning of the war, it had achieved exactly none of them by the time it ended. They lost.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Israelis are human, they can fail and lose like any other group of human beings, and this time they did. They are no more invincible than anyone else.

Thanks to their unfettered access to the US's defense technology (not to mention the US Treasury) they've had a massive technological advantage for 40 years, but technology can't hold territory (as the US is learning in Iraq).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join