It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, so what would you expect from the real deal?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
As someone who has seen a real non-conventional air/space craft I will say that the videos that show a 'ufo' drifting/gliding along or darting away fast but not that fast are extremely laughable. The ones that 'blink' away are also rediculous. They are really fast but they don't disappear into thin air.

I expect a 'ufo' video to show a vehicle sitting perfectly still in the sky or leaving the scene. Real 'ufo' are either stopped or moving to their next stopping point. They don't fly around, they aren't airplanes.

From my personal experience the craft I saw sat solid as a rock in the sky and when it left I couldn't even see the craft flying away, just the direction it went. It left a streak of red light where it once was parked in the sky.

The more elaborate, longer or having the appearance of being staged (a steady shot of the background and not an attempt to film the 'ufo' in the frame is an example) a filmed sighting is the less credible it becomes.

Here's a link to the report of my sighting if anyone is interested in reading it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS

I hate the term UFO, I prefer gravity distortion vehicle/craft (GDV/GDC) because it clarifies what everyone is talking about.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
For starters I would like to see one, just ONE "UFO" video that had ZERO, and I mean ZERO, NONE, NADA CGI elements in it that wasn't just an obvious hoax.

Many "Ufologists" decry the CGI argument but the facts are EVERY SINGLE "high quality" UFO video has SEVERAL, indisputable CGI elements in it.

Many have some "real" elements too, that's called composting, some even have seemingly impossible effects, but they STILL have CGI elements that would NOT be in a genuine video PERIOD.

IMHO of course.

Springer...

+100

i'm in the (visual) industry, and i couldn't agree more.
the bad part is, the more sensational footage people see, the more *unbelievers* there will be from just seeing "internet stuff" and being numb to seeing uber-realistic CGI
that's now pretty much at the "fool ya" level, on a regular basis.

it really cheapens a lot of would-be credible evidence of this UFO phenomena.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

Exactly, a great description. Me and my roomate saw what I believe was some cloaking aircraft off our backporch that after doing some very erratic maneuvers shot off causing us to run into our wet lawn full of snakes at 3 am in Florida, and you put it perfectly, you could see the craft's direction it "shot off" in by the trail or streak of light it leaves. The one I saw got very bright prior to doing it's departure and was followed immediately by a craft with 6 lights in the shape of a rectangle with 4 white lights on each corner and 2 red ones directly in the center side-by-side which had no clear wing pattern though it flew directly overhead, and this one made a sound but not loud whatsoever and the sound delay was like 30 seconds after it flew overhead.

And stuff.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Brock Landers

Thanks. I don't think any CGI video will ever truly replicate the streak of light or the way they shoot away. It's the signature of the technology in a way.

I've said that I like to think that humans were on board but I heard about Vimanas recently and it really made me think about things in a different light. Vimanas are mentioned in the Vedas.

The Vedas are a large corpus of texts originating in Ancient India. They form the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest sacred texts of Hinduism.

According to Hindu tradition, the Vedas are apauruṣeya "not human compositions", being supposed to have been directly revealed, and thus are called śruti ("what is heard"). Vedic mantras are recited at Hindu prayers, religious functions and other auspicious occasions.

This quote threw me for a loop the first time I read it.

According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets."

www.hinduwisdom.info...
www.crystalinks.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
For me a video will never be enough for proof positive of anything.

Reports from multiple sources of the same event by different means is going some way there. Take the recent phone camera footage of that Chinese jet burning in Okinawa. If it were just that footage, it could have just been a lark. But multiple news sources and multiple witnesses say it was so. Now even then the paranoid element of my psyche has not washed out the rather huge and ridiculous possibility that the whole world media was in on the gig, paid off by large corporations but I doubt it!!!

As has been said by other posts in this thread multiple sightings by multiple witnesses from all angles, with multiple video / camera footage. hopefully with narrative. Amongst that footage I would need close ups of the craft...no dots on the horizon, no seagulls, no "Technically it is a UFO because we can't identify what kind of bird it is!" and absolutely no CGI artefacts!! That’s getting closer to me accepting that this stuff is more than delusion or belief over-expectation. People are gullible, go to the Paranormal Forum. people there really believe Chris Angel levitates by the power of Chi-kinesis

I want to know, not believe, as someone once said and I get fed up of flocks of birds as UFO fleets and CGI UFO's. Everytime a new pic / vid gets posted here I think "Here we go again!!" Something else that also gets my goat is the way the "believers" immediately round on someone who says it is a CGI / Photoshop. Don't jump on the sceptics, jump on the hoaxers who make them sceptics!!!

Going by the rate of fakes at the moment, the believers should be thankful that the expert sceptics are getting it right. If it were not for the debunking going on here we would be expecting non human craft, of various designs to be appearing outside every window!! Humans do lie, they do hoax and hide away from the real world, keeping our identities secret...how many here use their real names in the forums? Hoaxing will always be part of life, as much as paranoia and wishful thinking is.

Personally, I say thank you to the debunkers. They are keeping it real. So for me, loads of lovely footage from loads of lovely witnesses, with loads of data...time, date well basically a checklist like Leibolmai suggests.

One more thing that gets me, is that people only seem to look for the visual clues. That Haiti jobby got me thinking with the narrative. You the autolevel of the camcorders microphone appeared to be right up....you could hear people in the street some distance away. But all you got from the alleged "videographer" was a sigh / gasp, that has been shown to be an available sound file. How many people here would be struck dumb...however awesome the sight was? I have put myself in the position of the hoaxer and my narrative would be nearer....."Fuggin 'ell, sheet, sheet its real...I've got some news!!!" Not a sad embarrassing post orgasmic sigh......well actually you might get the sigh as well!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join