It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Unit to Be Labeled 'Terrorist'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sourgrapes,
Its an unprecedented move by a government rife with scandals, accusations, curropted and corporate interests.
Remember, this government lied about 911, lied about Iraq... and has put us next door to these people.
Now all of a sudden we are declaring them the enemy, because we believe they are helping Iraqi's?

Why do you think Fatwa and jihad exist?

Wouldnt be because we're killing thousands of innocent muslims with our jets, our missiles and our bullets would it ?

Let me ask you this,
in the year 2000... did ONE SINGLE solider die, from Iranian or Iraqi actions?
Why did a large number of Saudi's, who trained in Afghan kill 3000 americans.. yet we invade and occupy Iraq?

Surely, you can see why the arab world hates us and declares a fatwa or jihad.

War very soon?
You betcha.

The thing is though,
When it starts... who do you want to fight for... good or evil?
Would you of 'chosen' to fight for the nazi's in ww2 if u were a peasant german farmer?
So why would you chose to fight on the side of evil... this time?

[edit on 16-8-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Something tells me this is America starting to dig its own grave...

No doubt the Iranian guard see the US marines as terrorists, like the rest of the world does.

Goodbye America, the playground bully is gonna get its just desserts.

You think England is going to be safe mate? All free societies will be under attack. You see Islamic extremist dont care about attacking the military if that was the case it would be a fair fight IMO. Except islamic extreamist kill innocent women and children with thier cowardly attacks. Im not saying at all that the revolutionary gaurd are terrorist, they are mearly the elite fighting force of IRAN. This being the case I do believe IRAN is envloved in IRAQ somehow, its in their best interest to see a shia government whihc thinks as they do in power. Its the smart move for IRAN. However If muslim terrorist decide that attacking innocent people here in the states is the way to go. then yes I see a War over religion in our future. Im not a very religious person myself but I see it coming as do many others here. i will defend me and mine till my last breath.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
Except islamic extreamist kill innocent women and children with thier cowardly attacks.

I can name a dozen other terrorist movements that do the same thing. Why do many seem to think terrorism has only just started? It's been going on since ancient Greece.

Im not saying at all that the revolutionary gaurd are terrorist, they are mearly the elite fighting force of IRAN.

define "terrorist" please.

according to the FBI;

The FBI defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

----------

To say a nation's army is a terrorist organisation is hilarious.

A paramilitary can be declared a terrorist outfit, like the IRA, UDA, etc but a sovereign army is a completely different thing.

Wanna know why the US is doing this?

Bush warns Iraq over ties with Iran

But "if the signal is that Iran is constructive, I will have to have a heart to heart with my friend, the prime minister, because I don't believe they are constructive," said the US president.

According to the state-run IRNA news agency, Maliki thanked Iran for its "positive and constructive" work in "providing security and fighting terrorism in Iraq."

"My message to him is, when we catch you playing a non-constructive role, there will be a price to pay," Bush said in remarks which could have been taken as a criticism of Maliki.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

So, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki of Iraq isn't allowed to build relations with his neighbours?

That's like me telling you what you should post on ATS.

Iraq needs to grow on it's own. Iraqi's have the right to build their own nation. Declaring its neighbours "terrorists" is restricting their ability to govern themselves.

Iraq is not a colony.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder
attacking our troops who invaded and continue to occupy a sovereign country?

Right, Iran is just fighting evil America...by influencing Iraq. But if Iran does it, it isn't imperialistic or bad. Well according to nearly everyone on this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Right, Iran is just fighting evil America...by influencing Iraq.

Actually Iraqis are fighting America influenced by the occupation.
US government is pointing its finger to any groups that has tagged terrorist to blame.

Remember that in the middle east when it comes to fighting its a fight for religion, ideologies, sovereignty and what they see as a threat to their way of living.

I already forgot what my own nation is fighting in the middle east for . . .anymore.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If say the Chinese invaded and occupied say Canada there is no telling me that we would not be involved in an insurgency there somehow.

Same thing goes with Iran in Iraq. They have; not because its against the Americans, but because Iraq is their immediate neighbor, a vested interest in the region and what happens there.

Why is that so hard to understand without getting so bloody jingoistic about it?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Why is that so hard to understand without getting so bloody jingoistic about it?

Grover the lack of understanding comes with the American mentality, the issues in the middle east are seen from an American propaganda point of view this type of mentality makes imposible for people to use their razional mind and take at least for once a middle easter point of view.

Because that is un American, and you may be aiding terrorist if you allow your mind to even try to think like a middle eastern man, woman or child.

pity

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
For some reason my parents taught me to think for myself, and they've regretted it ever since.

AND I've been at it ever since.

Also I try, do not always succeed, but I try to look at people and events from their perspective as well as my own; and even if I fail the excercise is always interesting and enlightening.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think this is a mistake by the USA-sure they should capture Rev Guards in Iraq if they are up to no good,but to designate them as terrorist is a bad move,heres why I say that:
The rev guard are close knit with the Iranian Government,and now that they are "terrorists" the USA will surely take steps to ensure no one trades with them...well China and Russia deal with Iran and will be most cheesed off if they are restricted in trading.
Now is not a good time to peeve the Chinese Gov,as America(and the entire west)are teetering on a razors edge hanging over a cliff in high winds in terms of the economy just about now.This move could well push up oil prices and contribute in a big way to accelerating the biggest global recession in living memory,especially if China calls in some debts/ditches the dollar.
Many have said that the recession will be engineered by design,and what the USA have done to the Rev guard lends credibility to that hypothesis.
Hell,I just watched "the war game" and "Threads" last night... dealing with a nuclear war starting in Iran and going global.
Now I wish I had not.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My Opinion

LOL Governments around the world are all funny.

They just go a declare things all willy nilly and expect everyone else to respect

what they declared.

Just like when putting a flag somewhere meant that you own that land LOL.

well thats my Opinion

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
An MP in defence of the Guards:

"Those who are enchanted by the material world fail to realise the depth of the spiritual power and iron determination of the devoted members of the IRGC, which have roots in the religious beliefs of the people, and will witness the definite victory of the children of Islam against global infidelity,"

LMAO!

What are they on about? And how is that a rebuttal of the US's accusations?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Claiming USA as evil is wrong, claiming Iran as evil is also wrong. The politicians are the ones who make the country sound evil.

Is the US going to war soon? Nope, they are already in a war. The war started
when they invaded Afghanistan, and then Iraq. Now they are just expanding the
war in the middle east. Every country has good people in it and terrible people,
but the whole country is labeled by their politicians.

Once the next terror attack happens in the US you will see a new level in the
war on terror. You can't forget that if USA goes to war with Iran, they will have
to fight with Syria. Israel will probably be attacked by Hezbollah, then chaos
will be unleashed. Who knows what other countries will start fighting.

You must also see that your rights to protest against wars is dwindling. Pretty
soon you can not protest for any cause. I will not say "evil America" because
I have met people here from America and they are a very nice bunch of people.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Every day these guys chant "death to America" and they have been doing so since the peanut farmer was POTUS (for about 28 years). They blame the satanic US for everything including earthquakes and cinema fires. Yet this has not led to a US invansion of Iran.

So, why is the reverse going to start a war? If the US invades Iran, it is not because they labeled the rev guards as terrorists.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre

"Those who are enchanted by the material world fail to realise the depth of the spiritual power and iron determination of the devoted members of the IRGC, which have roots in the religious beliefs of the people, and will witness the definite victory of the children of Islam against global infidelity,"

LMAO!

Well, the guards were established to protect the Islamic Republic of Iran and the values of their country.

Just like the Royal Guards who protect the British Monarch.

If we follow the logic here then all military units in every sovereign nation should be declared a terrorist organisation.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Except islamic extreamist kill innocent women and children with thier cowardly attacks.

I can name a dozen other terrorist movements that do the same thing. Why do many seem to think terrorism has only just started? It's been going on since ancient Greece.

Name one that routinly kills inocent women and children through suicide attacks under the guise of thier religious beliefs. Key words are religious beliefs.

And just to make a point I never stated the revolutionary gaurd were terrorists. However I do believe Iran funds, trains and sends terrorist out into the world to create anarchy where they can.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Name one that routinly kills inocent women and children through suicide attacks under the guise of thier religious beliefs. Key words are religious beliefs.

The Knights templar did during the crusades. It's documented.

Tamil Tigers are another.

shall I go on?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

However I do believe Iran funds, trains and sends terrorist out into the world to create anarchy where they can.

The UK has funded terrorism, so has the United States and probably even more European countries too. Certain African government support warlords, Saudi money goes to radical extremist..

We are all guilty of the same sin's in this world.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre

LMAO!

Well, the guards were established to protect the Islamic Republic of Iran and the values of their country.

Just like the Royal Guards who protect the British Monarch.

If we follow the logic here then all military units in every sovereign nation should be declared a terrorist organisation.

Why 'all' millitary units. Are the Royal Marines in Iran arming insurgents/providing finance and training? No.

The guards have over 125,000 troops apparently, a state within a state.

They are being labelled as terrorists as they are contributing knowingly to the deaths of innocents in Iraq, purely to change public opinion to lead towards a Coalition pull-out. That is cowardly, and they are doing it that way because they cannot match the west in a straight fight.

They are not being labelled as terrorists because they are 'spiritual' and 'brave' defenders of Islam.

The way they are being described is a parallel to groups like the Templars in the crusades. An Islamic army.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The Knights templar did during the crusades. It's documented.

Tamil Tigers are another.

shall I go on?

I would need to be directed to any proof the Nights Templar did anything which resembles what we see today with respect to the outright targeting of innocent people by radical terrorism.

Yes, the tigers are ruthless but we don’t see them moving all over the globe committing acts of terror. They wage their war against the Government in Sri Lanka in an attempt to secede and create their own Country. It is not religious at all but my knowledge is limited but from what I have read its mearly about secession. Seems we in the states did that once or twice. I also wouldn’t classify what they do as the same terror in any way shape or form of the terror committed by Islamic terrorist. Islamic terrorist seem to have little concern for life in any capacity for those who don’t believe as they do. They travel to where the fight is against the western mindset The only cause they seem to have is for the overthrow of the other religion. This my friend goes back to Isaac and Ishmael.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The UK has funded terrorism, so has the United States and probably even more European countries too. Certain African government support warlords, Saudi money goes to radical extremist..

We are all guilty of the same sin's in this world.

So the US and Great Britain are equal in sins to African WarLords and Saudi Wahhabism? I can not disagree with you more on that comparison infinite so I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join