It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Unit to Be Labeled 'Terrorist'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigJoeNYC
Its about time!!!!! They have been funding attacks against our troops in Iraq for some time now
I fully back my government is there decision. They need to be stopped.

wow that's pretty ignorant. if my next border's country was invaded, I would fund their's separatist groups to fight off the united states. get the hell out of Iraq then you can express your opinion, otherwise just shut up.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Equinox99,Loved that post a lot!Its good to hear from people who lived in Iraq from before this war and can tell people what it was realy like

I have seen some saddening vids of Iraq just before this travesty of a war and it pains me to see that beutifull and western looking country being bombed to hell and back just because Bush is a murdering religous maniac

Yeahh,it wasnt all rosy in the garden but at least they had a garden then instead of the scorched earth they have now.Iraq used to be the cradle of civilization now its nothing but a broken country

LOL with odessy.That is rediculous. Your probably a terrorist for disagreeing with this decision.Your spot on mate,got to laugh at this situation with the army painted as terrorists

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thank you noangels2006! I just had to share my opinion, I can't to see
people bashing other countries. Just because every country I look at has
it's shares of innocent lives, and another war would just cause more innocent
people to die instead of the leaders.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow, people here defending Saddam as a bit of a brute but at least he could run a tight ship.

It won't be long before most of the world 'outside the US' will be cheering every time another US soldier goes home in a body bag...

no that's scary, even if it is self inflicted.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The US citizens never asked for this. It was a Bush agenda, and now the
citizens will have to pay because of 1 mans actions. That is the way it works,
I am hoping the best for the US troops, but I am also hoping the best for
innocent civilians in Iraq.
Either way there is going to be more wars, and more deaths so we must
be prepared to feel the pain and anger.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Here we go again.

What will the USA do when the day comes when China (or Russia, or The EU, etc.) applies the same distinction to the CIA? Or Blackwater?

You're right, my kamikaze friend
! And one could also include Delta Force on the list; if you compare the modus operandi of terrorists and SF's, you'll find quite a bunch of similarities. This reminds me of one famous ww2 pilot's quote:

Bombing is often called 'strategic' when we hit the enemy, and 'tactical' when he hits us, and is often difficult to know where one finishes and the other begins.
— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Patriotism is a real killer, be it tribal or national.

What a shame people are still lining up to be cannon fodder for their belief in a patch of dirt on a spinning ball as 'their' land and a few crooked hoodlums as 'their righteous leaders'.

Now if all the soldiers/terrorists in the world upped and quit one day, we could all get back to playing football/soccer

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Now there's an idea.

The US soccer team vs whoever soccer team, winner gets whatever they want.

Certainly a lot better then waging war.

While we're at it let's work on this peace thing as well

- W -
* All we are saying, is give peace a chance *

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woulfe
Now there's an idea.

Better still, how about the neo cons field a team and the iranian national guard field a team. where'd you think condi should play? (I mean which position, not which team - edit)

[edit on 15-8-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see how this changes the "rules of engagement" on the ground. How will US troops now react when the see Revolutionary Guards the other side of the border ?
Increased likelehood of border clashes ? Now a real possibility.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
BigJoeNYC earlier brought up iranfocus as an unbiased (I'm assuming) reference. I've read the iranfocus news before, and to be perfectly honest it's anti-farsnews.

It doesn't even have a Parsi/Farsi language version.

Basically it reeks of anti iranian disinfo. Please trust me on this, there's alot wrong with that country but iranfocus is a propaganda site. We in the west wallow in ignorance of Iran's past and present, I lived there for many, many years and I can't see the current system of fundamentalist government lasting more than a couple of hundred years max. The US is simply making the situation worse, and that makes the hardline government stronger.

Sometimes I despair that the world is being run by such shortsighted fools.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by DenyAllKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Better still, how about the neo cons field a team and the iranian national guard field a team. where'd you think condi should play? (I mean which position, not which team - edit)

[edit on 15-8-2007 by RogerT]

Condi? Hmmm. maybe goalkeeper? But the team is already in a trouble... Rove got a red card

And the coach... uhmmmm.... Henry Kissinger, maybe?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woulfe
Now there's an idea.

US? soccer team? sounds too much like the Jamaican bobsleigh team from the Calgary Winter Olympics...even Charlton Athletic couldn't fail to win that trophy-challenge!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If the US is to have a soccer team they need Stallone and Pele. They saved WW2 remember....VICTORY!!!!!

On a serious note, this is part of the act that was passed after 9/11, and it gives us the ability to stop the flow of arms from Iran. To me, we are going about it the 'legal' way the way we went into Iraq after the UN sanctions were not met. The US is not stupid. They are creating the one of the greatest CYA's ever. We have proof that the IRanian guard is in Iraq, fighting us, so know we can claim that we are killing terrorists, not Iranian soldiers.

The interesting part will be when the first reported UAV strike against a convoy is made. Remember not to long ago they stated that they are sending the unmanned drones armed overseas, and this would be a prefect flashpoint to try it out in.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
OK, something that we most remember is that Bush is doing all this against Iran, using executive power.

Regardless of what he and Cheney wants, specially Cheney Congress will never allow Bush to wag war on Iran.

Already Edwards and Obama has come public with bold statements on Bush.

If we see an attack like the one on the boder with Syria I will be very worry as who the perpetrators will be.

The congress has been silence taking into consideration that they are on leave.

But be ready because I see some very strong arguments between the president new executive use of power and what congress may seem as him pushing another war that we can not afford, specially when one of our financier is not happy with what is going on with their bad goods and the billions that they could lose if US attack Iran.

I think that we are becoming our worst enemy if other nations now can influence what we do and how we do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You have to live in the present not the past. There is no time machine that that can erase what was done. Its time to fight to preserve our way of life and if that includes killing 10,000 terrorists to save 1 freedom loving person. I'll bring the ammo boy's…it's on me. Hell I would donate the money for a missile if I knew it would kill some Al Qaeda.

If I am not mistaken, we study history to help ensure it doesn't repeat itself. Obviously we don't share the same views.

Why don't you marinate your .556 rounds in porkblood before you ship off to shoot the terrorists? I am serious, if you aren't disabled, I expect you to enlist, and ship off.....

God help the innocent civilians if your platoon rolls up on them.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
George Carlin rather stingingly said about bush minor that he was a man who knew nothing about history being led by men who cared nothing for it.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by grover]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is an attempt to "wag the finger" at Iran. It would be STUPID to actually go to war with them at this time. Especially since Russia is a tight ally of Iran. (and what the cia did to russia in afghanistan)
A fresh war might boost industry for a little while but the debt would kill us. (it already is)

The US cannot afford world war three. So in order to appease war-hawks and keep our butts out of full scale war, we isolate just the revolutionary guard.

also stillz,
I'm afraid Danny Carey could hang Neil out to dry,
sad but true

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It would seem as the dominos are setting up for another war.
Its beginning to make sense,all the new talk about "national service",is just another step further into a disasterous war.
Whats after Iran?China?North Korea?Syria?
How many more wars have to happen because of this administration?
When will someone come and liberate us from these jackasses?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder

In my opinion to survive in today's world its not about self defense its about self preservation. when you have to defend against it, it's already too late.

What are we defending ourselves against?

Good question.

Tell us what you think we are defending ourselves against?

What were we defending ourselves from by attacking Iraq? 9/11? Nope, your own pResident finally admitted, on t.v. no less, that Iraq was not tied to 9/11. And he did it after repeatedly inferring that Iraq was involved...then later had the nerve to say, on t.v. that they never 'said' Iraq was involved.

And before you say this is not so, fyi, I've got it on tape.

Next it was because they had TERRIBLE WMD. Only problem with this one was that it was nothing but a LIE! Now one can suppose all they want that those WMD went here or there...doesn't matter, nothing was found, so therefore it would be much easier to prove it was a lie than to prove otherwise.

So then it was changed to, "we are bestowing the gift of freedom and democracy'...at the point of a weapon, whether they want it or not. From where I come from, that is neither democratic NOR free.

Now your pResident is accusing Iran of doing the things that he himself is guilty of doing. And just because information tends to disappear (shades of 1984) DOES NOT mean that we the people are allowing it to go down the memory hole as well.

There is a reason that the ranks of the brainwashed believers are shrinking.

My goodness, just compare the stories that were used to ramp up their 'justification' to attack Iraq to the story being put out to 'justify' hitting Iran next...they're almost the same...the only real difference between the stories is that the name of the 'offending' country has been changed.

Don't expect so many to fall for it this time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join