It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA Evacuation Message (not a test) for subdivision in MT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

NOAA Evacuation Message (not a test) for subdivision in MT

www.weather.gov

Evacuation Immediate

MTC095-150315-

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
EVACUATION IMMEDIATE
MONTANA EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY BILLINGS MONTANA
RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BILLINGS MT
703 PM MDT TUE AUG 14 2007

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE
STILLWATER COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY SERVICES. A MANDATORY
EVACUATION HAS BEEN ORDERED FOR THE PINE CREST SUBDIVISION IN
STILLWATER COUNTY. THIS IS EAST OF COLUMBUS...WEST OF PARK CITY...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Notice the EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM test recently?

[edit on 14-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is the first time I ever remember seeing this on the National Weather Service site. I know they recently put a test message on (thread above). Is there anyone from this area that can tell us what is going on? From the radar it doesn't seem to be related to any storms right now.

www.weather.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit: cuz I don't know my directions

[edit on 14-8-2007 by otherhalf]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well its a mandate by the weather service, so if it isnt weather related, is there something incoming?????
Now im intrigued.

Can someone please follow up on this one?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh my God, could it be

Yellowstone Park erupting or about to?????

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This looks like the reason:

www.guardian.co.uk...

In neighboring Montana, a new fire burning in a subdivision sent fire crews and residents of 60 homes scrambling, said Ken Mesch of Stillwater County disaster and emergency services.

There was no estimate on the size of the blaze, between Columbus and Park City in south-central Montana

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's a bit north of Yellowstone. And it's just part of a county. I don't know what to think. ????

By the way, thanks soooo much for replying. It's the first time I've started a thread. I'm just glad I didn't screw it up too bad and got someone to reply.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That's a shame but at least it wasnt anything i

was thinking of. I'm so paranoid.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
This looks like the reason:

I was thinking the same and was checking out the national fire news, if anyone is familiar with Montana they will be able to see if any of these fires are in the vicinity of the evacuation.

National Fire News

NEW Powder River Complex (Miles City Field Office, BLM): 19,311 acres and unknown percent contained. this complex is made up of 8 fires and is 35 miles southeast of Ashland and is burning in timber, brush and grass. Extreme fire behavior was reported. Structures are threatened.
Information: Call 406-853-0274 or 406-2
NEW Road Creek (Eastern Land Office, Montana DNR): 7,700 acres at 40 percent contained. This fire is 28 miles west of Ashland and is burning in grass. Extreme fire behavior was reported. Structures are threatened.
Information: Call 406-852-0020
NEW Hicks Park (Gallatin National Forest): 1,000 acres at zero percent contained. This fire is 45 miles southeast of Bozeman and is burning in timber. Torching, crowning and spotting was reported. Structures are threatened. Evacuations are in effect.
Information: Call 406-932-5155

go to the site there are more I just quoted the last 3 "NEW" entries.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I was looking all over the news for some idea. Should have thought of that first. NOAA changes things and it freaks me out. Guess I'm not good with change.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
More mentions of fire and some of in coming bad weather ..........may have something to do with the notice. Do the areas match up??

www.newwest.net...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There are quite a few fires in Montana,

I did find an article pertaining to this particular evacuation notice and posting it here for closure.

New fire burns through subdivision between Columbus and Park City...

COLUMBUS, Mont. (AP) A new fire in south-central Montana burned through a 60-home subdivision late this afternoon without destroying any homes.

The fire just east of Columbus started at about 4 p.m. near Interstate 90 and prompted evacuation orders for the Pine Crest subdivision on Allen Creek Road.

Jeff Bollman with the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation says the 250- to 300-acre blaze quickly passed through the grass and trees of the subdivision, and no homes were lost.

Thank goodness that the homes were spared.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thank you, JacKatMtn, for following up. I agree, it's great that these homes weren't destroyed. I don't know if I'm just more aware, but this year seems to have been a bad one for fires.

join